Why do we care?

Mikeynine

Just Browsing
Media
Hi guys....I'm like the rest of us here. I like measuring, comparing, studying, thinking about, talking about and admiring my nice penis! BUt whenever I read te threads on this site I wonder....why do we care so much? It's certainly not because our partners will like us more, because that's a very small minority of people. Do we feel more dominant? Do we consider it a surrogate of our abilities in this world?

What do you think?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I think as little as possible, it gives me a headache. But doesn't a guy identify with his prick? Doesn't he peek at the urinal or in the shower to size up the competition?

Like it or not, sizewise, the only way to be sure, in comparison to others, is to measure it. It's inborn in a guy to be admired by other men for his size.

Then he goes on a date and has to hope that to her, size doesn't matter. :biggrin1:

Welcome, Mikey!

mainer1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's a good question, lol. In real life I'm a crazed assworshipper...a butt like Lex's makes me so hot my knees tremble and my breathing becomes faster! But vids, pics, hung exhibitionists online turn me on and make me fantasize about cock worshipping that I haven't done very much in real life. That's why I like this site, Alphacocks, some yahoo groups, etc. I guess the only cock I've ever really loved is my OWN!

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
i may be totally mistaken but guys with bigger dicks are more self-confident and it's always nice to be better (in this case bigger) than others, isn't it :biggrin1:

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I think it's a manifestation of men's essentially competitive nature. We all seem to want to know how we stack up by objective measures like salary, educational attainment, athletic feats, etc., and this seems to be a straightforward, (in theory) easily measurable way of establishing yet another pecking order. Absent any other widely accepted, objective means of evaluating male bodies -- beauty being in the eye of the beholder, and all that -- I think a lot of men use penis size as a proxy for broader physical appeal.

Just my $0.02 ...

Steve

Latiszari

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Snakebyte said:
i may be totally mistaken but guys with bigger dicks are more self-confident and it's always nice to be better (in this case bigger) than others, isn't it :biggrin1:
Yeah, i agree...:biggrin1:

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
I think generally its taboo to talk about sex and size, and for a guy to admit he's big and proud of it is an overact of the ego but this place allows everyone to talk about the so called 'taboo' and not be judged or critised, weather it be size, orientation, postions or anything

Latiszari

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Dr Rock said:
well, speaking for myself i don't particularly enjoy measuring, comparing, studying, thinking about, talking about and admiring my dick. i do like using it quite a lot, though
According to me, i do the same... I prefer to use it a lot, i don't like too much the comparations, studies etc... However is beautifoul to know that i am on the cirlce of the "well endowed".:smile:

Cosota

Experimental Member
Media
mainer1 said:
It's a good question, lol. In real life I'm a crazed assworshipper...a butt like Lex's makes me so hot my knees tremble and my breathing becomes faster!

You need to take a peek at Novice_btn, he's a hottie! My knees always give in when I see him 'on the bed.'

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Cosota said:
You need to take a peek at Novice_btm (spelling corrected), he's a hottie! My knees always give in when I see him 'on the bed.'
Hey! Hey! Hey!!! I just stumbled across this thread, and I find you talking about me??? Wait, I don't even know you. I usually have to pay people I chat with, to say nice things about me. What's with the unsolicited praise? And how am I supposed to slink around on here unnoticed with you telling people to look at me? :tongue:

Oh, and THANKS! :biggrin1:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
novice_btm said:
Hey! Hey! Hey!!! I just stumbled across this thread, and I find you talking about me??? Wait, I don't even know you. I usually have to pay people I chat with, to say nice things about me. What's with the unsolicited praise? And how am I supposed to slink around on here unnoticed with you telling people to look at me? :tongue:

Oh, just roll over and give up your ass now, novice. :rolleyes:

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, cocks are interesting. There you have it.

And I think it's hard-wired in many of us to respond to size when it comes to certain body parts.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Matthew said:

And I think it's hard-wired in many of us to respond to size when it comes to certain body parts.
Yes, in Alex's case, I'm after his big brain, and his big cock is just an added bonus.

Fully back on topic... It may be anecdotal, but I've noticed the same as the above, and that is that guys I've known that exuded an inner confidence, and that I later, for whatever reason, saw nude, ended up being BIG.

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well said, Matthew. Actually I'm with that camp of guys who doesn't constantly measure my dick (perhaps because I'm average, I know it, so why keep measuring it...hehe) and I'm proud of what I've got. I find cocks fascinating, as I do clits, and vaginas, asses, prostates (I guess), masturbation, orgasms, sex, the whole she-bang. I hope I'm not obsessed...I don't *feel* obsessed:)

Matthew said:

AMikkell

Just Browsing
Media
Mikeynine said:
Hi guys....I'm like the rest of us here. I like measuring, comparing, studying, thinking about, talking about and admiring my nice penis! BUt whenever I read te threads on this site I wonder....why do we care so much? It's certainly not because our partners will like us more, because that's a very small minority of people. Do we feel more dominant? Do we consider it a surrogate of our abilities in this world?

What do you think?

I started measuring mine for exactly that reason, I was concerned with whether or not I would be able to please any partners I may have. It was the focal point of my insecurities when I was younger. I like talking about it because it demystifies it, makes it somehow more tangeble.

It has a lot to do with psychiatric stuff, its a need to be more dominant or manly, as men we see a big dick as showing us to either have more testosterone or more manliness and thus making us the alpha male of a group. It is sort of primeval need to be the bigger, because like in dinosaurs, usually the male with the longest neck in the brachiosaurus was the alpha male, which can be made to believe that the bigger the phallus the more dominant.

Mikeynine

Just Browsing
Media
I think Steve26's analysis is a good one...we often do look for ways of outdoing our peers. However, penis size is a relatively private measure (except for sites like these) so perhaps it's really to escape feelings of public insecurity and knowing that, "despite whatver happens out there...my dick is bigger"

tallguypns

Sexy Member
Media
Pensacola, Florida, United States of America
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
novice_btm said:

I'm always paying you compliments. You don't chat with me. Perhaps you could save some money by chatting with me.