Why do we fall in love?

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is it some form of pheromones?Well, pheromones really connotate a chemical/sexual reaction.

A desire to be accepted by others? Possibly, but status symbol love suggests that you're doing this for your friends not you.

A need for intimacy on a physical or emotional level? If this were accurate, the love wouldn't true unless it was with an unconditional intention of mutality and reciprocation

For the sex? Being in love for the sex is like buying a 747 for the peanuts.

The next logical step in a relationship?Now, this ones is a toss up; Logic is really out of picture when it comes to the next level of relationship. You just do it because you honestly believe the one you're with is one you want to spend the rest life with. period.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out exactly how it works. To be honest, I'm not coming up with much. I just know it happens and it can be the most incredible thing when you have it.

Any ideas?
Love- and why we fall into it- really transcends reason; part chemical, part emotional/spiritual. It could be knowing that you see someone as symbiotic, then again you could just see them as a pure and beautiful being who you'd spend all the time you could together, knowing you care the deepest for one another.
Apart from that, you got me.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Let me offer a biological reason. Goofy but I think there is some truth to it.

We fall in love to protect the most valuable thing on the earth, the female ovum. Girls only have about 300-400 eggs and many of our laws are designed to protect the female eggs.

In college, a gazillion years ago there was a field developing called social biology. I have a bio degree and I wrote a thesis that I had to present to a class and I wrote it on Love, Law, and Biology, If you think about it marriage laws, divorce laws, social structure and even love protect the ovum. We pair bond (love) so that the female when she is most vulnerable, pregnant, has a protector, the man whom has fallen in love with her.

After 7 years the bond begins to frazzle, maybe because the offspring of that bond (love) are now more independent and no longer need male protection.

How is that for killing the romantic notion of the poets?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think that we fall in love due to the evolution of the human species.

Cavemen used to gangbang cavechicks. All because it was in the times of B.C. (Before Cavelier, Before Class.) Cavewomen used to hit their lovers with a stick to make them fall for them. Nowadays, we fall in love. If we fall out of favor :mad: ... we break up with them by hitting each other with sticks and calling each other "beyotches" and "tiny cocked test tube concepted mutherfuckers" and "shits". Hehehe. :smile: THAT'S LOVE.

B_cyrus

Just Browsing
Media
Falling in love is an evolutionarily adaptive thing to do. Although our natural state is one of loneliness and despair caused by the accurate perception of life's inherent meaninglessness and misery, falling in love helps us to forget all this in order to reproduce before we remember once more how much the world sucks and kill ourselves.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
A reaction of two different peoples body chemicals, hormones, pheromones etc.
Some react better than others, hence stronger/weaker forms of love. Of course our bodies (and what it gives off) can change, and so can the love that it intially brought.

I take back all of this. I now know from experience, that this is not the cause of love.