Why do we wank out our cum?

Yknarf: As an ardent wanker for the last 55 years with no sign of the urge diminishing I often wonder why I have to do it. Has anyone got a good biological answer? Is it because fresh semen is required to produce good quality children? What is the reason? Why has jerking off our juice been made so enjoyable?

Franky

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
It would hardly make any sense to have a strong drive to reproduce in the animal kingdom if there were no climactic payoff. What better way to ensure the continuence of the species?

As for 'spilling your seed upon the ground,' there's nothing wrong with keeping the pipes clean. ;)

Yknarf: Pecker
You've missed my point, I didn't ask "Why do we enjoy cumming?" but "why do we enjoy jerking off manually?". There seems to be nothing but a huge waste of spunk. Imagine the quantity of cum that is shot to waste every day around the world. I personally have shot about 50 gals over the years.
Franky

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Orgasm feels good, and masturbation is a fast, easy means of obtaining an orgasm without having to go out looking for a sexual partner. Why would you consider it 'a waste of spunk'? What are you saving it up for?

tigerwolf: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=meetgreet;num=1079612716;start=0#3 date=03/18/04 at 07:23:21]Orgasm feels good, and masturbation is a fast, easy means of obtaining an orgasm without having to go out looking for a sexual partner. Why would you consider it 'a waste of spunk'? What are you saving it up for? [/quote]
*starts singing "Every Sperm is Sacred" from Monty Python's 'The Meaning of Life'*

dfox7.3x5: I'm 65 and still jack off frequently because it feels so good -- it has since a friend did it to me when I was in eighth grade.

I had a vasectomy years ago because, between the two of us, my wife and I were a potential major baby machine. Two kids, both planned and conceived with one try. I had a huge sperm count and she was a Fertile Myrtle. We were so lucky that the Pill never failed.

So I'm not "wasting" anything when I masturbate. The only downside of a vasectomy -- for me, anyway -- is that my cum is terribly sticky. I should start a cottage industry, give Elmer's Glue a run for his money :D

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
After years of being masturbated, I think the penis gets trained to expect the attention that masturbating gives it. I'm 75 yo and generally jacked off daily until eight weeks ago when I started PE. Although I'm semi during most of the stretching and jelqing, I have masturbated only twice immediately after finishing the exercises.

Now, I masturbate to climax probably twice a week, a lot less than before PE. "He" seems to be content as long as he gets exercised! ::)

Luke

ORCABOMBER: Ever considered that sexual pleasure is addictive?

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[quote author=tigerwolf link=board=meetgreet;num=1079612716;start=0#4 date=03/18/04 at 18:49:15]
*starts singing "Every Sperm is Sacred" from Monty Python's 'The Meaning of Life'*[/quote]
:D :D :D

Overall, the sheer elation of an orgasm would academic enough for me to rational it.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
[quote author=tigerwolf link=board=meetgreet;num=1079612716;start=0#4 date=03/18/04 at 18:49:15]*starts singing "Every Sperm is Sacred" from Monty Python's 'The Meaning of Life'*[/quote]

I don't expect to get into too much trouble for masturbating.

I repent too fast.

headbang8: [quote author=Yknarf link=board=meetgreet;num=1079612716;start=0#2 date=03/18/04 at 06:54:49]Pecker
You've missed my point, I didn't ask "Why do we enjoy cumming?" but "why do we enjoy jerking off manually?".  There seems to be nothing but a huge waste of spunk.  Imagine the quantity of cum that is shot to waste every day around the world.  I personally have shot about 50 gals over the years.
Franky[/quote]
Once again, Father Nature proves himself a meticulous engineer.

The continuance of the species is such a critical function, he had to engineer massive excess capacity into the system just to make sure it works.

If a typical man man sires a mere 2.3 children, imagine the billions of sperm he wastes in the process, even if he never cranks out a drop by hand. Or mouth. Or...er, never mind.

The male reproductive system resembles the Japanese construction industry, whose bloated excesses are legend. Lots of pointless erections which serve no purpose but to keep the system in working order. (Doubtless Mouse will back me up on this, eh?)

An equally interesting question: why does the female of the species have so much less extra capacity engineered into her system than her male counterpart?

In the meantime, men, take every opportunity fire up the pistons. You don't turn your engine over, and the oil thickens in the sump!

hb8

(who wastes several orphanages-worth every morning between slaps of the snooze button!)

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, one theory is that it gets rid of the older sperm. It also prevents many internal organs (Cowper's gland, epididymus, seminal vesicles) from getting clogged. If that's not enough, masturbation helps prevent phimosis. (Most phimotic men hump objects or practice an interbrachial or interfemoral form of masturbation. They might also hold it flat against the belly and scratch it. [These are also more common in circumcised men.] When taught the 'proper' method of masturbation, they're cured fairly quickly.)

There's also the simple fact of ontogenesis. Other male animals have mating opportunities from sexual maturity on; obviously, human males do not. But this wouldn't explain why other male animals also masturbate.

wvalady1968: [quote author=headbang8 link=board=meetgreet;num=1079612716;start=0#11 date=03/19/04 at 18:28:52]
Lots of pointless erections which serve no purpose but to keep the system in working order.  (Doubtless Mouse will back me up on this, eh?)[/quote]
This is an important purpose though.

[quote author=headbang8 link=board=meetgreet;num=1079612716;start=0#11 date=03/19/04 at 18:28:52]
An equally interesting question: why does the female of the species have so much less extra capacity engineered into her system than her male counterpart? [/quote]
Well, she is always available for sex, unlike other speices which must wait for the female to come into heat.

[quote author=headbang8 link=board=meetgreet;num=1079612716;start=0#11 date=03/19/04 at 18:28:52]
In the meantime, men, take every opportunity fire up the pistons.   You don't turn your engine over, and the oil thickens in the sump!

hb8

(who wastes several orphanages-worth every morning between slaps of the snooze button!)[/quote]
LMAO!!

monster: i have to cum ATLEAST once a day or i get very sick. i have a rare condition known as over-productive spermatic cord (or atleast im told its rare)

GeorgenFLA: All normal men jack their dicks. We will jack off until we can take a breath. We are men with testicles that drive us to do things primal and masculine, and jacking off is a primal masculine practice for us men. What we do with our scum after we've jacked ourselves is a personal thing. I tend to either eat mine or rub it into my pubic hair or body hair or both. Afterword, I shower.

Omega77: If we don't jerk off occasionally, then your body will do the the natural process of wet-dreams. Whatever we do, when the slack it filled up it will overflow. When we jerk off we get to be alone which is good sometimes. We were made to give out of our body to a woman, while she accept your seed. The natural process of life. We are the provider in everything. Think about it ;)

ORCABOMBER: Well, we don't have a problem with "overflowing", even if we did, I can't see that as a problem, from what I know, excess sperm is broken down, excess semen is "dreamed".

Dexmon84: Simple, guys, we do it for the release of endorphins in our brains -- same as heroin, exercising, religion...
That's why beating off is a key element to getting over a hangover... Sometimes I have to do it two or three times -- that is if I didn't already have lots of sex while I was still smashed. In my big time party years, when I'd stay out all night and then crawl to work promptly at 8 a.m., I figured that one hour of good sex equalled 6 hours of good sleep... So, if I could fuck for two hours, I'd feel rested enough to get to work. (I'm an airline pilot -- ha ha, just kidding. Although I do have a thing for pilots...) Like everything else in the world, it comes down to brain chemistry.