Why do women, but not men, hit on me.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
This type of thing happens all the time. I am renting a few videos and, if they are not busy, I hang around a bit to talk to the employees. In walks a tall, long blonde haired woman with bright-white teeth. I turn and smile and say hi as I would to anyone who walks in the door, man or woman. She says hi. I keep talking to the folks behind the desk, the woman walks back to the desk with her 2 rentals and all of us are chit-chatting. She looks me in the eyes and says she is renting the vids for her 2 kids who are now at school but her husband is out of town for 2 days and she flashes me both decks of those perly whites. We exchange a few pleasantries and more smiles as she walks past me out the front door and climbs into her waiting *expensive* SUV. *Then* she sits there for like 5 minutes. I am thinking she is waiting for me to walk out. What a damn fool I am! But it has been 30 years since I have had sex with a woman (notice I changed my LPSG %'s from 50/50 to 100% gay a few months back). I just can't get over the fact that only women, no men, come on to me. I was in this same store last night and a man walked in and our eyes met and then met again and we both exchanged friendly greetings and he was talkative enough but at some point, he just went about his business.
:confused:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know the gay guys are gonna kill me for this . . . but maybe you are one of those 'straight-acting' gays I've heard about. :redface: The fact this has happend more than once means you are definetely sending out a 'straight vibe.'

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I will really have to give this some thought but off the top of my head I think that most woman are more comfortable flirting in any situation knowing that it is social intercourse and nothing more, while I feel that gay men have a comfort zone in areas that they don't view as a threat. I talk to to more woman in the supermarket and while walking my dog than gay men.

Darpon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't think of it as a bad thing, maybe?

I've only ever been openly hit on by men, other than the few compliments from women I've received here.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hate it when it happens

so I stopped washing my hair, following the suggestion found in an article I read about pheromones

the article basically said that by washing my hair, I was removing the pheromones that women and men would pick up on, and instinctively, unconsciously, identify me as a gay man

no change observed :frown1:

Canadian.Surfer

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Dude, I can kind of relate.
Unfortunately for me its the other way around. I get hit on by gay guys more than I can count. A few girls have hit on me as well, but their have definitley been more guys than girls. And their have definitely never been gorgeous rich milfs waiting for me to drag my ass into their cars...
It just never works out the way we want lol

TallTexasTea

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This post hits home, because I (straight) get hit on by gay men 70% more than by women. I have kind of a silly, goofy, happy go lucky aura, dress well, am tall, athletic and cute, lived in Europe a few years and perhaps picked up some untypical mannerisms, and happen to live, eat, dine, party in the trendier parts of town. Anyway you just have to live with it and realize that we both, from an economic view of sexual maximization, are the wrong orientation!

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
These all seem like good possibilities. anybody else?

Shooter, I would say it has to do with your look--very mature and stable and your energy, which is probably very masculine with hints of enough femininity (women think of this as a manly man who is sensitive and in-touch with his emotions). Plus, you are a fucking handsome man--WOOOF!

I get hit on by women a lot as well. When I started my last job, secretaries were calling me on behalf of anonymous women asking if I were "available." I told them I was not and started wearing my ring to work (not that this stops anyone from flirting with me).

I know the gay guys are gonna kill me for this . . . but maybe you are one of those 'straight-acting' gays I've heard about. :redface: The fact this has happend more than once means you are definetely sending out a 'straight vibe.'
There is no such thing as "acting straight" except for fucking a woman.

Gays who call themselves "straight acting" are really self-loathing. That term is an internalized form of homophobia. Gay or straight men and women can be both simultaneously masculine and feminine to varying degrees.

Would it be more precise to infer that you mean he is very butch looking and masculine, perhaps?

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
This post hits home, because I (straight) get hit on by gay men 70% more than by women. I have kind of a silly, goofy, happy go lucky aura, dress well, am tall, athletic and cute, lived in Europe a few years and perhaps picked up some untypical mannerisms, and happen to live, eat, dine, party in the trendier parts of town. Anyway you just have to live with it and realize that we both, from an economic view of sexual maximization, are the wrong orientation!

Reading this I was thinking that you and I are pretty much opposite. I am average height, dress in shorts and T's, not out of shape but other than some light stuff, don't work out, have only visited London and Paris (twice), *and* (this is the most important), I don't live, eat, or party in the trendier parts of town. In fact, I would never be caught dead in Snottsdale, I mean, Scottsdale.
:biggrin1:

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
Shooter, I would say it has to do with your look--very mature and stable and your energy, which is probably very masculine with hints of enough femininity (women think of this as a manly man who is sensitive and in-touch with his emotions). Plus, you are a fucking handsome man--WOOOF!

I get hit on by women a lot as well. When I started my last job, secretaries were calling me on behalf of anonymous women asking if I were "available." I told them I was not and started wearing my ring to work (not that this stops anyone from flirting with me).

There is no such thing as "acting straight" except for fucking a woman.

Gays who call themselves "straight acting" are really self-loathing. That term is an internalized form of homophobia. Gay or straight men and women can be both simultaneously masculine and feminine to varying degrees.

Would it be more precise to infer that you mean he is very butch looking and masculine, perhaps?

Lex, you are pretty much right on target with most of what you say. I am sensitive and in-touch with my emotions but I never considered those characteristics to be feminine.
Thanks for the WOOF! :redface:

TallTexasTea

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Shooter, I think you are attracting women who have been asshole-d to death. I.E. they are looking for something different than a guy who might have beaten them up, is just plain cocky, maybe they assume you are nice and humble based on appearance?

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
hate it when it happens

so I stopped washing my hair, following the suggestion found in an article I read about pheromones

the article basically said that by washing my hair, I was removing the pheromones that women and men would pick up on, and instinctively, unconsciously, identify me as a gay man

no change observed :frown1:

Nick4444,
Interesting. I have a female friend that recently told me that when she gets close to a man's neck she gets horny as hell and she suspects it is the pheromones. She says that once she smells him there, her mind continues to smell him even when she just sees him. So, she may well be smelling his hair. I think it is a scientific fact that pubic hair holds the phermones and in the case of men, that musky nut sack smell that is so attractive in all the animal world. However, I suspect that not washing your hair may have some drawbacks. You will have to keep us posted if you ever notice a change.
:smile:

buffyfanone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
this happens to me ALOT too. I have a theory that woman are attracted to men that ignore them.
I get hit on by really attractive women alot and I think it is because they are used to men staring at them and they are drawn to the rare man that does not stare or leer.
I think it subconsously gives them the idea that the guy is going to be different and a challenge for once.
Just my 2 cents :D