Why do women look down

jayjay: I see a woman walking towards me, she takes a glimpes look at my face and possibly my body, when she's walking past me I see her looking downwards.

I don't get it, is there something wrong with me or am I just a freak.

I have seen this situation a few times and havn't worked it out.

Ladies please help me!

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
She's just sizing up your whole body. Everyone does it, male and female. It can get pretty uncomfortable, though, just like if a man stares at her breasts the entire date.

Vigilante: Uhh...Lol...I've never been interested in anyone but my other half so...I don't get all that...but I'd say either they have self esteem problems or are sad they can't have some...that's my two cents...or rather one cent cause it's not that valuable

Vigilante: Another unrelated note...when everyone on this site is talking about girth...thats like...circumfrence right..not like...width...cause some of em sound pretty average in circumfrence...since 2" WIDTH is average...and the penis is FAIRLY (not exactly of course) round wouldn't that make 4-7" pretty...average?

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, according to the Ponchietti et al study, 10.0 cm is average flaccid circumference. I don't know about erect, though.

wvalady1968: [quote author=jayjay link=board=women;num=1076977068;start=0#0 date=02/16/04 at 16:08:48]I see a woman walking towards me, she takes a glimpes look at my face and possibly my body, when she's walking past me I see her looking downwards.

Ladies please help me! [/quote]
http://www.lpsg.org/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi?board=meetgreet;action=display;num=1073337278;start=

Allie
;)

Doubtless_Mouse: Actually JayJay it might be a tool. If you look at children they tend to look away from you when you are scolding them, it is hard to force a child into looking at you (eye to eye). This is a natural reaction. It is a tool that our body has adapted/learned to avoid confrontation. Maybe the setting is wrong and she/they were afraid or worried that you would take their looking at you as an invitation. Imagine what it must be like to be stared at all day everyday. I watch people when I go out (yes I even stare occasionally). Men in general tend to be more aggressive with their eyes. We will sit at a bar and look a women up and down from a distance (they have to realize this is being done). We wait for eye contact then we attack. Imagine if everytime you made eye contact with a person they got into your personal space and tried to pick you up (wait I wish that would happen), but seriously, it might be nothing more than a tool to aviod conflict. Conflict in this case being the pick up.

ORCABOMBER: I think that a glance is a compliment.. of sorts. :) I sort of self-taught myself to look forwards, head up high, which is sort of 'out of character' being as I'm usually passive, so most people tend to think I'm staring at something behind them!

"Well what're you looking at my eyes for?"

roedhunt: [quote author=jayjay link=board=women;num=1076977068;start=0#0 date=02/16/04 at 16:08:48]I see a woman walking towards me, she takes a glimpes look at my face and possibly my body, when she's walking past me I see her looking downwards.

Ladies please help me! [/quote]

Strange how only one woman answered. I myself, can't bring myself to be "caught" looking eye to eye to an unknown man. Maybe its a self-esteem problem. Or perhaps sometimes its nice to look but don't get caught. Or even better, I usually think, "That guy is so good-looking, he probably has a girlfriend/wife." or "I'm not worth his time, so dont bother."

Duo187: [quote author=roedhunt link=board=women;num=1076977068;start=0#9 date=02/22/04 at 16:33:02]

Maybe its a self-esteem problem. Or perhaps sometimes its nice to look but don't get caught. Or even better, I usually think, "That guy is so good-looking, he probably has a girlfriend/wife." or "I'm not worth his time, so dont bother."
[/quote]

Roedhunt, I can't speak for all but if thats why they look away I wish they wouldn't. Plus it never hurts to walk up to the guy, tell them their hot and see if he says he has a chica waiting somewhere.

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=jonb link=board=women;num=1076977068;start=0#8 date=02/20/04 at 19:45:49]In fact, in most of the world, eye contact's considered a threat device.[/quote]
True, true. I suppose it's staring as well that probably freaks most people out. I tend not to blink that much when looking forward.

roedhunt: [quote author=Duo187 link=board=women;num=1076977068;start=0#10 date=02/22/04 at 20:10:38]

Roedhunt, I can't speak for all but if thats why they look away I wish they wouldn't.  Plus it never hurts to walk up to the guy, tell them their hot and see if he says he has a chica waiting somewhere.[/quote]

Are you serious? You mean to tell me, if a woman approached you and just said, "Hi there. I had to come over and tell you that you are nice-looking.", you wouldnt snub her? Even if she was a little on the heavy side and/or ordinary looking?

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=roedhunt link=board=women;num=1076977068;start=0#12 date=02/23/04 at 05:09:45]

Are you serious? You mean to tell me, if a woman approached you and just said, "Hi there. I had to come over and tell you that you are nice-looking.", you wouldnt snub her? Even if she was a little on the heavy side and/or ordinary looking?[/quote]
Heck! I know I wouldn't! Looks aren't everything. Now if she was drunk or "weird-acting" than maybe..

Duo187: [quote author=roedhunt link=board=women;num=1076977068;start=0#12 date=02/23/04 at 05:09:45]

Are you serious? You mean to tell me, if a woman approached you and just said, "Hi there. I had to come over and tell you that you are nice-looking.", you wouldnt snub her? Even if she was a little on the heavy side and/or ordinary looking?[/quote]

Yes I am saying that, I welcome any kind of compliments.

Tender: i havent read all the other replies, but i have a hard time myself looking eye to eye with anyone, let alone a man i dont know.
so what do you 'want' us to look at?
your face, your chest, make eye contact?
ok if the lady isnt interested, does that matter?
It is just awkward sometimes for me as well. if i look at him, he thinks im 'looking' if i dont look, im stuck-up?

its a lose/lose?
Tender

ORCABOMBER: Tender, do whatever you feel is comfortable. We're not "expecting" you to look at us. It's probably better to look "past" someone if you're not interested.

Well, it's better than staring at the floor, and improves posture! ;D