why do women tell their friends everything even important secrets of bfs?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by the_1homie, Dec 29, 2007.

1. the_1homie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i cant get my head around this subject why do women tell their friends everything even things they shouldnt repeat such as important secrets about boyfriends thing that arent any of her friends business to know ? i think if guys wanted her friends to know our personal secrets we'd have a round table meeting with all her friends and just tell them ourselves what everyone else thoughts? guys and gals please everyones thoughts are truely appreciated

2. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't tell my friends anything of a personal nature that my man has confided in me, and I know I am not the only woman who doesn't do this...maybe you are with the wrong women. It is a matter of character...I am trustworthy and don't tell his private thoughts, experiences or anything of a sexual nature with anyone.

3. BiCuriousC

BiCuriousC New Member

I don't tell my friends everything... I might tell my friends something you said or did or how good you were and stuff like that. But if its personal and/or something they promised me not to tell anyone I wont ell anyone.

4. Sirus38

Sirus38 Member

Maybe the women your with trust their friends as much as they trust you, and see no problem sharing your secrets with them because maybe they think it'll go no further i dunno, just guessing.

5. fallon2

fallon2 New Member

Same reasons why men shoot off their mouths to their buddies.

6. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

What "important secrets" are you referring to? None of my girlfriends have ever told their girlfriends my secrets, although I probably haven't told them. One girl broke up with me because I wouldn't tell her my 'secrets'.

Only one slovenly woman told her friends I was "well endowed" but we had a strange relationship and I never met her friends so it was inconsequential. My current lady says she won't tell her friends...which is nice of her but I wouldn't mind being the topic of conversation among girlfriends like some of the guys here say they are :redface:.

I guess (nearly) all my girlfriends wanted to keep a good thing to themselves? :redface: I tell myself!

7. D_golden parachute

D_golden parachute New Member

Right...

I wouldn't tell anyone anything that was 'secret' if I really cared about the person who's secret it was

maybe I have morals or something...

8. viking1

Gold Member

Yeah, what secrets? Who says I have any "secrets"?

I'd think most men would want it told that they are well endowed. I'd want them to tell the good stuff. It's the bad that worry me...

9. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

I dont think this is true at all. Most women dont do this..

10. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't like it. I like to feel like there is a special bond and personal things I share are kept between us. Like if I shared how many partners I had in the past. If she told one of her girlfriends about that I would feel a little upset. Or it could be about a personal medical problem or something. Even if her girlfriend doesn't know you, it is still a little rude to share.

11. Principessa

Gold Member

Maybe you have different ideas about what is confidential and what is not? If anybody, boyfriend or whomever, tells me something is confidential it stays between us.

If it's a real relationship I won't share intimate details. I will tell gf's if he got a promotion at work or a new stereo system but I wouldn't consider that confidential information.

12. lafever

Gold Member

Albums:
    I`ve always had a problems in the past with my girlfriends telling their friends the size of my cock, this was never good because woman would hang around like vultures just waiting for me to break up with whom ever i`m with, sometimes they(friends of my girlfriend) would even lie to my girlfriend and try to break us up just so that they could end up fucking me. I later figured out how to stop that, ask my girlfriends politely not too blab about my cock, duh.

lafever:cool:

p.s. I have found this to be true. Once a woman sets her mind to something or someone they`ll wait for years or even a lifetime till they get it or him, and if they`re impatient well you`re just f***ed, there`s no way out of their web unless you run and hide.

13. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I have this issue with it burning inside me until I let it out... it's getting better because my life needs to be more sealed.

14. cookiesweet83

cookiesweet83 New Member

Albums:
    It's just a habit I have to discuss some things that I can't keep, but I don't divulge everything. I'll give a brief summary but not the important details. Lol. It's not as if men don't do the same, well t least not all guys.
    So it is what it is.

15. Principessa

Gold Member

LOL You have known some weird stalkerazzi type women!:eek::tongue:

16. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Hmmm, the only person who has ever done this to me was a guy (an occasional fwb but mainly just a really good friend, I thought) - he shared an extremely personal piece of info about me with a woman he was trying to fuck. She was fishing for her friend who was my then bf's ex. He didn't get laid (HA!) but he did get an extremely vocal and well phrased dressing down from me in his local and then not spoken to again for about 2 years... and I still don't trust the fucker.

I think, OP, you'll find that some people are careless with things they are told and some are not. I think it has bugger all to do with whether they are male or female.

17. pavement

pavement New Member

Maybe you don't employ a spaceship but it does seem like you would reside in a a different dimension.

18. naughty

Gold Member

I dont because mine is fine as he wants to be and he already gets enough women hitting on him already! LOL!

19. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

This is so funny cause I have a straight girl that is a friend who has slept with a couple of co-workers of mine. So I actually ask her who is bigger than who, who was good in bed, how big they were.

20. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Men tend to shoot off their mouths about themselves, not others.

Sharing so-called secrets (that is, personal facts) is a way women use to fall into an easy intimacy with each other. It's how they make personal networks and support each other, emotionally. The line between this and gossip has always been a thin one.

IN many ways, we men might learn a lesson. Why doe we keep everything a "secret"--or, at least, share so little of ourselves?

ON the other hand, men believe that unless a fact is declared public, it should be treated as private. Personal facts can be used against you--it colours perceptions of strangers, ruins reputations, causes snap judgements. Men would rather meet you eyeball to eyeball to let you assess their character, rather than doing ot second-hand.

Draft saved Draft deleted