Why do you guys think women have so much entitlment issues these days?

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
So this is a thread for MEN's opinions on why women ARE entitled in todays society, if you don't feel they at that is sort of a different thread this is a thread about why they are. Feel free to start your own thread debating if they are or not elsewhere but please don't hijack..

I notice, in particular on sites like this, that women feel they are owed pandering quite a bit. Like even if they are demonstratively wrong, they want you to tell them they are right.
I blame Hollywood, virtually every show that comes out is the same kind of storyline.

Romantic Comedy, girl is upset with guy for something he actually didn't do, guy apologizes instead of explaining the situation.....

Action/Mystery/Crime Drama, girl is ordered by superior not to pursue line of investigation alone, does so anyway because she is so tough she just can't bring backup, and inexplicably everything goes well anyway somehow....

Every sitcom ever, the male is a useless slob lucky to be able to tie his own shoes and the female is this genius who can do literally everything and never fails....

Here is a perfect example (spoiler for Huntsmen Winter War)
So the ice queen bitch throws up the icewall, and each person (the male and female lead who were of course each other's love interests) see each other, he see's her get stabbed in the back by characterX so he gets upset and they bonk him on the head and toss him into a river, she saw him look at the ice wall drop his staff and just leave as if he didn't really care. Now.....for some reason she could not comprehend that it was an illusion she had seen and blamed him for not realizing she was so badass that characterx could never possibly defeat her, but in her retelling of it characterx bonked her on the head and knocked her out......so she was upset that he didn't understand what really did happen was impossible and she would not have let it happen even tho she actually did. and of course the male character stammers to apologize to her.....
even when a female character is written as being a complete dumbass, the man has to trip over hi own tongue to tell her she is right now wtf

quite clear bias and I think too many women grow up watching these shows and buy into it entirely.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Romantic Comedy, girl is upset with guy for something he actually didn't do, guy apologizes instead of explaining the situation.....

Example?

Action/Mystery/Crime Drama, girl is ordered by superior not to pursue line of investigation alone, does so anyway because she is so tough she just can't bring backup, and inexplicably everything goes well anyway somehow....

This is like every crime/mystery series ever from both genders. Disobeying a superior officer to follow up on a lead is part & parcel to the genre.

Every sitcom ever, the male is a useless slob lucky to be able to tie his own shoes and the female is this genius who can do literally everything and never fails....

Like in obscure sitcoms like Seinfeld or Cheers where Elaine and Rebecca have their shit together?

Or does "sitcom" to you mean jokey commercials about parenting situations?

Here is a perfect example (spoiler for Huntsmen Winter War)
So the ice queen bitch throws up the icewall, and each person (the male and female lead who were of course each other's love interests) see each other, he see's her get stabbed in the back by characterX so he gets upset and they bonk him on the head and toss him into a river, she saw him look at the ice wall drop his staff and just leave as if he didn't really care. Now.....for some reason she could not comprehend that it was an illusion she had seen and blamed him for not realizing she was so badass that characterx could never possibly defeat her, but in her retelling of it characterx bonked her on the head and knocked her out......so she was upset that he didn't understand what really did happen was impossible and she would not have let it happen even tho she actually did. and of course the male character stammers to apologize to her.....
even when a female character is written as being a complete dumbass, the man has to trip over hi own tongue to tell her she is right now wtf

quite clear bias and I think too many women grow up watching these shows and buy into it entirely

You're quoting the huntsman, winter's war? That movie was so boring I turned it off half-way through.

It was a total bomb at the box office, but somehow you think this is a primary influence on women as they grow up? Like they all got together and watched pirated copies of it or something? http://variety.com/2016/film/box-of...n-after-chilly-box-office-results-1201760908/

.[/QUOTE]

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Is this thread inspired / a response to a series of postings, I just read by the OP ?

Sorry, I did not answer.:
I do not agree that women are entitled either in social media ; nor TV media

how do you support this argument?
you did not counter any points from the opening post you simply said you didn't think they are.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Example?

This is like every crime/mystery series ever from both genders. Disobeying a superior officer to follow up on a lead is part & parcel to the genre.

Like in obscure sitcoms like Seinfeld or Cheers where Elaine and Rebecca have their shit together?

Or does "sitcom" to you mean jokey commercials about parenting situations?

You're quoting the huntsman, winter's war? That movie was so boring I turned it off half-way through.

It was a total bomb at the box office, but somehow you think this is a primary influence on women as they grow up? Like they all got together and watched pirated copies of it or something? http://variety.com/2016/film/box-of...n-after-chilly-box-office-results-1201760908/

[/QUOTE]

in reverse order
I used Winters War as an example not as THE example I based the idea on
in general if you watch action movies for example the female lead will be physically badass (almost always shown via having her defeat the male lead to show she is superior, but is later rescued by him because um. no real reason just dudes rescue chicks)
other examples likely exist but since no counter was proffered for this example no point in making more examples

examples of sitcoms would be like Home Improvement I didn't watch Seinfeld so I can't really comment too much on the show about nothing (from what I have heard)

from what I see it is part and parcel to female characters, but I don't really see any examples where a guy disobeys a female superior and is found to have been right so he does not bother to aplogoize etc
which of course I could have missed it perhaps Lucifer but to be fair he is not human....

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
in reverse order
I used Winters War as an example not as THE example I based the idea on
in general if you watch action movies for example the female lead will be physically badass (almost always shown via having her defeat the male lead to show she is superior, but is later rescued by him because um. no real reason just dudes rescue chicks)
other examples likely exist but since no counter was proffered for this example no point in making more examples

In the terminator, Linda's a total wuss (she bulks up and trains in between terminator 1 and terminator 2 specifically because of her knowledge of what's coming).

In the Matrix, Trin's pretty badass, but Neo's the penultimate badass.

In the dark knight returns, the female lead gets blown up (spoilerzzzz)

In the first bourne movie, the female lead is a total wuss (wussified from how she was in the novel even)

In the second bounre movie, the female lead gets shot in the head

Even fifth element, leeloo is a total badass until she gets shot to shreds and it's up to bruce willis to save her (after he saved her earlier when she fell into his cab).

Ellen Ripley's a badass, but I have no complaints about that. And half her strength is in her smarts, not physically being a ninja superhero.

examples of sitcoms would be like Home Improvement I didn't watch Seinfeld so I can't really comment too much on the show about nothing (from what I have heard)

Home improvement was kind of in love with Tim. It doesn't seem like a good example, but maybe I don't remember it very well.

You could maybe argue it for Everyone loves Raymond, where Raymond is a bumbling idiot, but everyone on that show is dysfunctional and Deborah gets shown as incompetent plenty too.

And again, what both of those shows have in common is that they're dads. Sitcoms love the bumbling dad figure these days for whatever reason.

If you look at sitcoms with single guys, like friends, the bumbling is equal opportunity between the male and female characters.

from what I see it is part and parcel to female characters, but I don't really see any examples where a guy disobeys a female superior and is found to have been right so he does not bother to aplogoize etc
which of course I could have missed it perhaps Lucifer but to be fair he is not human....

As for male detectives disobeying female superiors specifically and being proven right:
Luther
Law & Order

I'm sure there's more, but mostly the commanding officer is a guy so that limits the possibilities.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
you don't seem to be following, I'm not saying every female in every movie is a badass I'm saing the majority of female badasses are also written as being dumbasses and society is ok with that, that is the problem
but you still are only arguing against what I feel is a big part of the reason for the entitlement you have not said if you agree or don't that they have entitlement (in the west)

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
you don't seem to be following, I'm not saying every female in every movie is a badass I'm saing the majority of female badasses are also written as being dumbasses and society is ok with that, that is the problem
but you still are only arguing against what I feel is a big part of the reason for the entitlement you have not said if you agree or don't that they have entitlement (in the west)

Alien & Aliens: Ellen Ripley: Definitive badass, and one of the smartest characters in both films.
Terminator 2: Sarah Connor: Badass, not dumbass
Batman v Superman: Wonder Woman: Badass, and most balanced fighter of the three in the final battle (Batman had the brains but not the brawn, Superman had the brawn but not the brains, wonder woman had both)
Star Wars the Force Awakens: Rey: Badass, not a dumbass (technological wizkid and rapid learner w/ the force)
Mad Max Fury Road: Furiosa: Badass, not dumbass
Avengers: Black Widow: Badass, and genius at manipulation
Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora, badass, not a dumbass (That'd be drax, and maybe groot, though groot is also sweet).
etc.

So this is a thread for MEN's opinions on why women ARE entitled in todays society, if you don't feel they at that is sort of a different thread this is a thread about why they are. Feel free to start your own thread debating if they are or not elsewhere but please don't hijack..

I notice, in particular on sites like this, that women feel they are owed pandering quite a bit. Like even if they are demonstratively wrong, they want you to tell them they are right.
I blame Hollywood, virtually every show that comes out is the same kind of storyline.

Damned looks like a manifesto from the Politics section.

Short answer there is a member of nearly every demographic that feels they are shortchanged, entitled or privileged to something.

If it rubs your ass the wrong way ignore it, count sheep, pull your dick, change the channel. find a distraction, or the shit that disturbs your version of the force will fester and turn you into something equally fucked up.

Reactions: ronin001 and rtg

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Alien & Aliens: Ellen Ripley: Definitive badass, and one of the smartest characters in both films.
Terminator 2: Sarah Connor: Badass, not dumbass
Batman v Superman: Wonder Woman: Badass, and most balanced fighter of the three in the final battle (Batman had the brains but not the brawn, Superman had the brawn but not the brains, wonder woman had both)
Star Wars the Force Awakens: Rey: Badass, not a dumbass (technological wizkid and rapid learner w/ the force)
Mad Max Fury Road: Furiosa: Badass, not dumbass
Avengers: Black Widow: Badass, and genius at manipulation
Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora, badass, not a dumbass (That'd be drax, and maybe groot, though groot is also sweet).
etc.

I just had to add Michonne from the walking dead upload_2017-2-25_8-4-5.png

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just had to add Michonne from the walking dead View attachment 659797

That's another good one. And I could go on for sure, though it starts to become more obscure.

Saga Noren from the original Swedish version of "The Bridge"
And with note that she's almost painfully by the book. It's her partner Martin who's the rule breaker.

The-Bridge-009.jpg

Lisbeth Salander is another one (less obscure)

4968e5c05085fa5a68aed239cb520da0.jpg

Anyways, both characters are badasses, and neither acts in a manner that's otherwise stupid or buffoonish. How they developed their skills (above and beyond any natural talents) is all clearly explained.

Reactions: ronin001