MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
cuz BBC show first run episodes of Doctor Who.

OHOH, and that cleaning show with the tall blonde dragqueen!

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
British Broadcasting Company?

I like their documentaries.

David Attenborough rocks my world!

cuz BBC show first run episodes of Doctor Who.
OHOH, and that cleaning show with the tall blonde dragqueen!
Ah, the BBC. Makes me proud to be British. *Sings* Drag queen? Anthea Turner isn't that bad. :tongue:

Last edited:

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yep. Sadly, most of the cast is dead. :frown1: Only Captain Peacock and Mr Rumbold remain. (Sorry, can't think of their real names.)

They probably can't think of them either :tongue: - I remember my Mom watching that show in the 1970s.

poultrygeist

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
LOVE "Are you being served"....still freakin' funny after all these years!

Absolutely!!!

I laugh my head off every time I catch an episode. One of my favorites! I also like Keeping Up Appearances but not as much. Fawlty Towers is classic! The League of Gentlemen was probably my favorite just because of the darkly hilarious skits.

Yep. Sadly, most of the cast is dead. :frown1: Only Captain Peacock and Mr Rumbold remain. (Sorry, can't think of their real names.)

This saddens me. I had a chance several years ago to see Mr. Humphries (John Inman?) at a guest appearance locally, but for some reason I couldn't go. Sad to hear that most of the cast is gone. I could watch the episodes any time.

I think the greatest of all time for me would have to be Benny Hill. I didn't get all the references, but for sheer sexual innuendo, it was tops in my book.

Thanks for the trip down comedy lane!!!:smile:

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They probably can't think of them either :tongue: - I remember my Mom watching that show in the 1970s.
:tongue: This reminds me of a Louis Theroux documentary. Some highly-racist, anti-gay guy told Louis that he loved 'Are You Being Served?' and said his favourite character was Mr Humphries...he insisted he was a straight character... :lmao:

This saddens me. I had a chance several years ago to see Mr. Humphries (John Inman?) at a guest appearance locally, but for some reason I couldn't go. Sad to hear that most of the cast is gone. I could watch the episodes any time.

I think the greatest of all time for me would have to be Benny Hill. I didn't get all the references, but for sheer sexual innuendo, it was tops in my book.

Thanks for the trip down comedy lane!!!:smile:
My mother has John Inman's autograph. :tongue: I bet you're jealous now!

Last edited: