Why does it seem like older gay men are such sex fiends?

peterchristian

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Does anyone else feel that a lot of older men, particularly those in their 40s and 50s, are frequently obsessed with sex? Glory holes, hairy bears, leather, bath houses...it seems to be often older men there. It even seems as though they're more into bareback sex than younger gay guys my age.

Why is this? I find it a bit unnernving to be honest.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Although I don't fit the pattern above, I may have some insight into why older men are obsessed with sex. Sexual performance, just like athletic performance, is a characteristic of youthfullness. As we get older, we want to hang onto anything that makes us feel that we aren't over the hill yet. That's why it's so important to me to exercise. Plus, sex makes us feel good, and we all want to feel good. I do notice different posts about creepy old men lurking in locker rooms. Not cool! We need to have some dignity about our age as we get older. I would rather that guys say "He's cool for an older guy" instead of "That dude's a troll".

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Does anyone else feel that a lot of older men, particularly those in their 40s and 50s, are frequently obsessed with sex? Glory holes, hairy bears, leather, bath houses...it seems to be often older men there. It even seems as though they're more into bareback sex than younger gay guys my age.

You must be on a different planet, not just in a different country.

Danmark may be different, but there are a number of countries, around the world, where young hairy bears exist, and where any of the fetishes you mentioned above are enjoyed by young and old alike.

It's sad, really, that you have such a dim view of "older men," especially at age 20. You can learn a lot from your elders, and I'm not just talking about having sex. Not to mention that your elders provided you with a lot more freedom to be who you are, by going through their struggles and especially by fighting against discrimination.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why should you find it unnerving, people don't stop having sex once they hit 40. We've had more practice at it too so we're so much better at it than we were when we were 20. At 20 we thought we were great we just didn't have any basis to compare.

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media

Not more sex fiendish than the younger guys!! This is a huge generalization...

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And you're DEAD wrong on one of your assumptions........the practice of BAREBACKING is far more rampant among the younger generation......those of us who lived through the AIDS crisis in the 80's and lost an entire generation of friends are more likely than the younger generation to think latex and anal sex go together.

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
And you're DEAD wrong on one of your assumptions........the practice of BAREBACKING is far more rampant among the younger generation......those of us who lived through the AIDS crisis in the 80's and lost an entire generation of friends are more likely than the younger generation to think latex and anal sex go together.

What Indy states has been my experience...I can share that many in my generation don't see AIDS as threatening as it is...we have been socialized to believe that medication will make it better...WRONG!!!

D

deleted213967

It even seems as though they're more into bareback sex than younger gay guys my age.

I couldn't disagree more on that point. At least in the US, it is the youth who will more likely engage in barebacking, statistically, much to the dismay of the AIDS prevention community which spent decades and billions of dollars educating the gay community. Personally, I have run across 19-year-olds who ADVERTISE themselves as "BB Only or Fuck Off". I have also received indecent BB proposals from them: "You're fine as long as you're clean" i.e., if you think you're HIV- fuck me without a condom.

Sadly too, I have friends who are not even allowed to drink beer in this country yet who are HIV+.