Why does size matter?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by schwulboy1989, Jan 8, 2009.

?

How Big Are You (anonymous)

1. Less than 5 Inches

7 vote(s)
    5.8%
  2. 5-6.5 Inches (Average)

33 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. More than 6 Inches

81 vote(s)
    66.9%
  1. schwulboy1989

schwulboy1989 Active Member

Albums:
    I'm pretty much on this site for a couple reasons...

The first reason is because, well, I've always enjoyed the sight of a large phallus.

The second reason is because my boyfriend is fairly well endowed, and I though that I might be able to find others who have trouble hiding their endowment during day-to-day life...so far, everyone with big cocks like to show off...so no luck there...

The third reason was so that I could try and figure out why size matters...I know why people like it from a sexual standpoint, but why do I feel like for a lot of men, life centers around the size of our penises. I'm not well hung at all...in fact, i'm just a hair under 6 inches long on a good day...i'm just trying to figure out why I, and so many other men, care so much...

why does penis size matter to you?

2. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Hey man, you should change your poll, you are on a LARGE penis site, so most of the guys here are bigger then 6 inches lol

And well, if your penis is bigger then most of the other guys, you feel a bit more sure about yourself...

3. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

There's been tons of discussion about why size matters and for a lot of men I think its because to them the bigger the penis the more of a man you are. In nature the males will want to impress their potential love interest by showing they are the best of the males and the top dog (so to speak). This is still very prominant with us humans. Some men (not all) will think that to be a true man means having a big penis and likewise those with small penises are not "real men". A big cock makes you powerful etc. This is of course bullshit, but I do think thats why some guys feel size matters.

Now for me personally, if someone asks "does size matter" its an obvious yes but my reasons are based on sexual desires.

4. schwulboy1989

schwulboy1989 Active Member

Albums:
    Good point, although the site isn't JUST for guys who are well-endowed...I'm just curious to see what kind of demographic is responding to this post ^_^

And I'm trying to figure out WHY it seems to be so confidence-boosting...I'm also curious...what do you (the readers) consider "small" or "average"?

5. johnjacobs

johnjacobs New Member

Albums:
    This couldn't be anymore correct.

6. psidom

Gold Member

Albums:
    the reason i always cared about size was because
    women make a big deal about guys with big penises.

from my experience women like big penis,
    bigger than "above average" but genuinely "BIG"
    i think because the average vagina is wider and deeper
    than the "average" penis.

7. B_doc23cm

B_doc23cm New Member

It matters because other people can't see it, so it has a more mythical quality to talk about a person having a really big dick. If we all walked around nude and everyone saw what everyone else was packing, it would probably be an issue more like body hair or beards i.e. a bigger one looks more "masculine", but people would not obsess over it.

8. Em32DD

Em32DD New Member

I cant answer the pole, seeing as I don't HAVE a penis, but i can surely tell you why i think it matters. My b/f is quite well hung and I know that it makes him feel powerful..also it matters to ME because it makes me feel so much fuller and provides a lot more pleasure.

9. just8

just8 New Member

Albums:
    It matters because humans are far too shallow to allow the things that really matter in life to bother them too much.

10. Silvertip

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If it's another guys penis that I am going to put in my mouth it matters to me because I like the feeling of having a mouthful.

As for my own penis it really doesn't matter much to me, it matters more to the men and women that I play with. I can't take pride in something that I had no control over in the first place, I only take pride in my accomplishments. My penis size was genetically predetermined at conception and I didn't pick my own chromosomes.

11. Snakebyte

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    what's more important than sex? :biggrin1:

12. petergroot

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think it's easier to "operate" a bigger cock. It also looks better.

13. Mr Moose

Mr Moose Member

if you look at this question from a genetic/evolution perspective id answer 'nothing' because techiniclly the meaning of life is to pass on your genes through sex.

also, in answer to the OP, before i knew i was well abouv average i was a self consious nerdy annoying guy, and since i discovered i have something that stands me out of the corud (metaphorically) i feel more sure about myself, i am more confident and i feel like i have more power over who i am. obviously this is not directly caused by having a large penis, only the realisation of it. so my short answer is, because it makes me personally a better, more confident person

14. feel thick

feel thick New Member

no, having a big cock doesn't make you a Bigger Man. But it sure is nice to look at, for most women and men, and my experience tells me that women like the feeling of my 7" cock, 5" girth, inside them, pussy and mouth. I like the feel of my package even in non sexual situations.

15. Rocky14441

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    In some past societies big cocks were considered vulgar, a sign of imbalance.
    Did you know that the more faithfully monogamous a species is, the smaller it's penis size is? Humans have one of the largest cock/body mass ratios on the planet. Its all about what gets the sperm there the fastest. Cock heads are actually designed to scoop out a competitors sperm.
    But all that is BS. What it comes down to is being noticed. We take every evolutionary and cultural advantage we can and exploit it.
    I really don't like huge cocks, I love my cock the way it is. What I do want is a big swinging limp dick that I can intimidate all the guys at the gym with.
    Read up on sex. Girth matters more than size. Action matters more than the tool. Sixty percent of women can't orgasm on vginal intercourse alone. That being said, you have to have a certain something if you want to impress and dominate, or have everyone that sees it want you more than the next guy.
    Oh, for my particular sexual preference, the smaller the better. Ouch!

16. Mr_Cumalot

Mr_Cumalot New Member

Albums:
    I think I care because of the following reasons -

1) I'm quite big flaccid, so all male friends that see me in shower assume I have a monster cock hard. They told girls, and girls showed interest in me because of it (If not directly, they would suddenly find me attractive or a good personality). I think this is due to their thoughts on my cock.

2) I am intrigued because I do not have a monster cock, as to whether girls perceive a cock of my dimensions as big.

3) If a girl has been with a bigger man, I wonder if they think back to the sex they had with that man. I think back to sex I had with a girl, but not every aspect played out - but girls are more detailed like that. And if 1) of my thoughts counts - then this matters.

So thats my thoughts!

17. Steve26

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree with flame boy: Guys use penis size as a proxy for masculinity. Granted, it's an extremely poor proxy, but how else are you going to "measure" something as ineffable as masculinity?

Steve

Draft saved Draft deleted