why does the youth has no hope?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Perados, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Perados

Gold Member

Albums:
    i dont know if its just in europe or also in the usa but in the european medias you hear often in combination with the "youth demonstration" that they fight against the finanze industrie and that they dont have confidence in the future.

But why?
    Could it just because they have an uneasy sense that the economy will go down?
    Or is it more that the youth notice that the political system didnt works like it should?

Or just that, everything you could fight for, someone is allready fighting for. (so there is nothing realy new for the youth) And that till decades and nothing changes...

What do you think?

I also never heared this kind of news out of south america or asia...

2. Zayne

Zayne New Member

Albums:
    It's kind of dismal time in the history of America right now.

3. sargon20

Gold Member

Perhaps it's the influence of money from one country to the next. Democracy has morphed into an aristocracy. Everyone sees it but its the youth that get out and protest.

4. LuciferChild

LuciferChild New Member

in my case some of my friends refuse to work, they just work when they need and without paying taxes, because they know that probably they will not get any pensions when reach to the age of retiment,the governments may not afford or that when we get older the age of retiment will be higher than todays so why work too many years for something that you dont know if you will get? in some way i agree with them...they arent slaves of the jobs.

#4 LuciferChild, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  5. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Forty years ago, the "the youth" could get a university or college degree for much less money (even in inflation-adjusted terms) and get a solid job with just an undergraduate degree (or less, even).

Now... an undergraduate degree isn't worth shit, and anyone who gets one will be paying it off for years. Good jobs are hard to find... in part, at least, because the boomers are hanging onto theirs for much longer than advertised.

I can see why some people are less optimistic, in the face of all that.

6. Perados

Gold Member

Albums:
    That you have to pay more for a higher degree is more an angle-sachs problem. That doesnt explain it for europe.

And from time to time you had always to face a bad economical future with less good jobs. But was the youth ever so disapointed?

Luciferchild i can understand the invention of your friends realy good but the problem is that this behavior makes the szenario that they fear even more plausible. And it will come sooner... And also they akt then like the one who they maybe blame (bankers, selfish people)... To say it is better not to work to mutch. So i dont have to say tax, because it couldnt pay of in the future. Is as selfish as to say as long as i make profit i dont care for others...

I guess you are from portugal. Do you think your people understand why they have to safe money now?

#6 Perados, Nov 19, 2011
  7. houtx48

Gold Member

blame your grandparents they are the one that came home from war and had all them damn kids...............

8. LuciferChild

LuciferChild New Member

You are now talking like a investor....
    My friends leaves in a boat which is a lot cheaper than a house without so many taxes, they only have to pay for the marina, and boat insurance, so they dont have a expensive way of life, just what is necessary, and they have money to buy a house to rent it, then they will live from that rent, and continuing investing in other stuff that could give profits becaming their retirement, they became a bit selfish when they were explored at work. And to be honest I think people to survive nowadays should be selfish, if they want a good life without being a slave of money/jobs. Its hilarious when a government institution asks for your address and you say you dont have lol "contact me through email if you want...":biggrin1: because u live in a boat or caravan....

everywhere people need to save money, but as the things goes, so many taxes, and sub-taxes, its impossible to save any money,only if u stop eating, in my country people used to hide the money inside the mastress :biggrin1:

but nowadays its almost a obligation to have a bank account, its almost impossible to have wages without a bank transation from your boss to your account, which is stupid in my point of view.

#8 LuciferChild, Nov 19, 2011
  9. Perados

Gold Member

Albums:

Now thats sounds whole different.
    In your first post it sounds for me as your friends just try to work less enough so they dont have to pay tax.

No it sounds like they try everything to save money so they can invest it and be independent... Thats not selfish

When gov starts to "safe" money they rase taxes. But thats wrong... The best way for the economy and the people is to cut spendings. This by state employes (no teacher), army, subventions, everywher... But the cut shouldnt be bigger then 2%gdp a year... And to make this cuts not to hard the tax has to been lowerd by 0.5%gdp a year(tax cuts ONLY by lower incomes)... And this all not longer then thre years a row. With this way it should be possible to save 7.5% of the spending...
    Now you need individual reformations for the country and economy to start a new grow

#9 Perados, Nov 19, 2011
  10. LuciferChild

LuciferChild New Member

I dont, portuguese government will not get anything from me no more.... we had several governments that always did reformations the preview one was the more reformated government, people are tired of those reformations because they dont understand why, when they dont see any results from it, each time they get a new government, it seems they do reforms on the reforms of the preview government and so on.....too much reforms can damage badly the economy. Since I born that I hear that Portugal is in crisis.....and people dont believe in anything, anything done in that country always envolve illegality, corruption, nothing is done clean, people became tired and emigrate,and there are more people outside than in the country itself.

#10 LuciferChild, Nov 19, 2011
  11. ryan25yo

Gold Member

Albums:
    No religion?

12. Perados

Gold Member

Albums:
    At first yes to mutch reformation isnt good. A system becomes insecure and thats never good

Sadly i dont know what kind of reformations your gov already started in the last 10years. But when it doesnt shows any results, start asking you why...they maybe made a lot wrong. If so its up to you to become "political" stand up... Search for a "forum" a party a media or newspaper try to change the system and search who think like you... But you have to know what and how you wanna change "it"...

But please dont say i dont wanna be a part of my country anymore

And when your people dont understand why the gov starts reformations or for what then its a problem of your goverment... The have to explain it the way you understand it. Just say we start a reformation isnt enough

#12 Perados, Nov 19, 2011
  13. LuciferChild

LuciferChild New Member

Believe me, I tried, to do anything and I still was received by rocks (literally speaking) through by people, they dont like very much young people on politics "hes too young and unexperience.." they say, but they still complaints and choose the all the same political parties do govern, I dont understand these people, got tired of it and arrived to uk where I feel much more freedom, I dont see the government on peoples life treating them as children. Even Caesar said once : "theres a people in the western part of Lusitania that dont governs and neither let others to do."

People only understand about football and soap-operas there.
    Sadly i have to say that country needs a huge disaster to awake the people, thats why i prefer the bankrupcy upon them instead of watching a "slowly death"

14. Perados

Gold Member

Albums:
    maybe your right... If its that bad

And that even caesar sayd so is kind of great :biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted