why dont ethnic people tip?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by woogexx, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woogexx

woogexx New Member

now dont get me wrong, I get my fair share of white trash that doesn't tip either. but yeaaaaa 90% Black, asians, hispanics....dont....why?

2. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    maybe some don't think they're getting good service. there are countless discrimination suits filed against restaurants. even after the whole racism thing, some people just provide shitty service in general. long waits for food, being ignored for other tables. one time i went to a restaurant at 12 in the afternoon. there were 3 or four tables in the front lobby being used, but my boyfriend and i were seated in the back near the bathrooms. coulda been racism, homophobia, or both.

3. D_Sue Ellen Brastretcher

D_Sue Ellen Brastretcher Account Disabled

Maybe your coworkers are stealing your tips.........

4. Ms.Teacher

Ms.Teacher New Member

What do you do for work? Hairdresser, masseur, waiter, other?

5. woogexx

woogexx New Member

6. sargon20

Gold Member

People of lighter shades are always assumed to be the one paying, ordering, leading, etc. 90% of the time the waiter/waitress analyzes the table and will go to the oldest lightest male first followed by the oldest lightest female, then to the males then to the females in order of lightness. Given that fact why would anyone on the bottom rung feel like leaving a big tip after you've been ranked.

7. woogexx

woogexx New Member

if you are given bad service. I am the first to say leave a shitty tip. I would still leave 15%...but thats me....if you are given fine service. As in checked on, tended to....drinks plates etc....and still tip none or badly...then its just so beyond rude...

8. woogexx

woogexx New Member

Whoever is the oldest at the table, Im assuming is paying...not the color

9. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    well this could could go in circles for days, ethnic people make up a LARGE portion of the lower class, maybe they can't afford to tip you.

10. woogexx

woogexx New Member

if they cant afford to tip then they shouldnt eat out. Its a slap in the face. If you decide to go out, knowing you have no money to tip or don't plan on it. Then well, that to me shows what type of person you are.

I say that, but at the same time. Some people are raised to not tip or tip badly...and they dont know. Well still...not my problem...this is 2008, need to learn...grow a fuken conscience

11. Ms.Teacher

Ms.Teacher New Member

Restaurant owners should pay their help enough so we don't have to.

12. spunkyboy2008

spunkyboy2008 New Member

Albums:
    Could be that feel they can't afford to, but also there are cultural differences in behaviour no matter how unfashionable it is to speak of it. I work with the public and deal with people from all over and they do behave in different ways. Some tend to be politer than others, some more demanding etc.

13. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Here is where you are wrong. If you can not afford to tip, go eat at McDonald's.

14. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    i didn't say it was right, i was just explaining it. i always tip according to the service i receive, i was simply answering his question.

15. woogexx

woogexx New Member

if i could get an extra 10 bucks an hour or get the owner to pay gratitudy on my bills. Dont you think Id do it?

16. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Judging for your topic I must not be "ethnic" because I always tip, and you just said I don't. Guess I need to find out what I am. (Although come to think of it, on past occasions, others have suggested as much). :rolleyes:

My tip is variable, from as low as 10% for shitty service to as much as 20% for excellent. I don't believe you deserve any set standard regardless of how crappy you treat the table (especially if you've approached them all shitty-like because you're thinking "gawd, i gotta wait on these ethnic types and they don't tip worth a damn" ...hint hint).

If I'm really dissatisfied (especially poor service or too long waits for food) you'll not need to worry about your tip. That's because I get up and walk the hell on out.

17. woogexx

woogexx New Member

I think at times it goes a little deeper then "We just cant afford it".....like if you can....and you still dont...

18. woogexx

woogexx New Member

Im sorry to offend any body not white. Its not my intentions Im sorry. I have got some very nice tips from black people...its just so irriating....and it IS THE TRUTH...sometimes the truth hurts........my 90 percent is a little high...ill admit

19. sargon20

Gold Member

Can't agree there. My white friends and I have done many tests. And they hate to admit it what's clearly happening is happening. But everything being equal it's race. Nothing else.

I've been to other countries and it happens. Nothing but race pure and simple. Countries were the populace is 95% white. No one of color around at all to speak of.

But I must add that the more upscale the restaurant is (and I mean REAL upscale) the less likely it is to happen.

20. woogexx

woogexx New Member

I was starting to do that!!!...I nipped it in the bud tho...I walk up to you and talk to ya....try to get the feeling of ya. if you are pleasnt and nice. then i will be give that back. Even if there is a doubt in my mind I wont get a tip, or a good tip. Ill still be respectable. UNLESS they arent to me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.