why dont ethnic people tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
poor tipping is intentional. if you don't have the money to tip, go to a restaurant where you dont have to tip, or better yet, to the grocery store where you can buy twice as much food for the same amount of money

in order to intentionally tip poorly, you have to know how much you're supposed to tip. is it impossible to believe someone can tip incorrectly by error?? i'm not saying that's every case, but you're suggesting your solution is every case which is ludicrous. if someone doesn't know what 24x8 is, they may end up tipping less by error, not intention. it's still wrong because the waitor suffers, but you're suggesting a society full of poor minorities and women that are out to screw every waitor. the difference between you and i is i'm acknowledging BOTH sides, intentional and unintentional. you're suggesting that your truth is the only truth.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
poor tipping is intentional. if you don't have the money to tip, go to a restaurant where you dont have to tip, or better yet, to the grocery store where you can buy twice as much food for the same amount of money. do you not realize that most waiters are poor themselves? if you're so poor that you go to a restaurant and can't afford an extra $5-10 for a tip, u r breing selfish. instead of spending that money on groceries and preparing the food yourself, you made the conscious decision to be lazy, and go to a restaurant where people would make and bring you food, all at no extra cost to you (if you dont tip, that is). i consider that selfish

YOu are making an awful lot of assumptions about this issue. IF they pay for their meal I dont see how one can say it is at no cost to the diner. There is probably no one answer for why non tipping occurs but I think you have many to chose from that others have posted.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
tipping your waiter is considered an inslut in many countries. that's probably why a lot of foreigners usually don't tip, and as for other people not tipping, they probably felt you suck as a server, or they are poor, cheap bastards that probably shouldn't be wasting money on restaurant food to begin with. the #1 rule of eating out: Dont Fuck With The People Handling Your Food.

just to clarify, i gave 3 reasons...

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
MOD-Im so over this thread....close it

On a serious note....

I can imagine you are tired of multiple pages of advice to your thread. I'm sure you really were just venting about your frustrations in your job. At the risk of sounding like others in this thread (sorry to repeat anything since i didnt read all the responses) but i'd be finding another line of work if you can't make a living on it.

I work for myself and I'd rather mow lawns for a living than work under someone else and not make good money. I'm sure you have your reasons for doing this for a living.

Let me also add that you can't open up a super sized can of worms as far as race, sexual orientation, politics or religion and expect it not to be offensive to some group of people. This site has dozens of thousands of onlookers and participants that the more contriversial the subject line- the more responses.

If i started a thread about "Why aren't gay people good waiters?" you'd probably have a boatload of reasons why that was bothersome to you.

Saying you are "So over this thread" says a lot about your personality after you've said things you know would anger many folks. It might explain a lot about your tips....or lack thereof.

woogexx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Totally right mademoiselle....ur a smart cookie :p....jus for the record i dont have really a "lack" of tips.....just the random trashy people. Has to do with them, not me.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
MOD-Im so over this thread....close it

If you don't like the responses, you shouldn't have started the thread. It's racist and inflammatory, and I'm surprised that the responses haven't been harsher.

My feeling is that the tip is not and should not be mandatory. If I get good service, I tip quite well. If the service is poor, I will leave a small tip and talk to the manager and explain that my dining experience is not good. If the food is sub-par, it's not the server's fault, so I don't penalize them if the service is good. I think that restaurants should pay a fair wage so tips would not be something that they rely on.

It really makes me mad that when I'm with a large group and the restaurant will add on an automatic gratuity. There have been times when we've gotten terrible service, but still have to tip 18-20%. Good service gets a good tip. Treat me well and I will treat you well, if you're not attentive, you're not going to get a decent tip from me.

Tipping has nothing to do with skin color. Some people are just ignorant, others don't care, and some people come from countries where tipping is something that isn't done and it's not in their realm of comprehension.
If you're not getting good tips, rethink how you're serving people who are not old and white. Judging by this thread, you might be the one with the problem.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
but you're suggesting a society full of poor minorities and women that are out to screw every waitor.

where did i say, or even suggest that? you can keep reading my words for what you want them to say, and twisting them around to not look like a fool, but i have said nothing along those lines. please show me.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you don't like the responses, you shouldn't have started the thread. It's racist and inflammatory, and I'm surprised that the responses haven't been harsher.

My feeling is that the tip is not and should not be mandatory. If I get good service, I tip quite well. If the service is poor, I will leave a small tip and talk to the manager and explain that my dining experience is not good. If the food is sub-par, it's not the server's fault, so I don't penalize them if the service is good. I think that restaurants should pay a fair wage so tips would not be something that they rely on.

It really makes me mad that when I'm with a large group and the restaurant will add on an automatic gratuity. There have been times when we've gotten terrible service, but still have to tip 18-20%. Good service gets a good tip. Treat me well and I will treat you well, if you're not attentive, you're not going to get a decent tip from me.

Tipping has nothing to do with skin color. Some people are just ignorant, others don't care, and some people come from countries where tipping is something that isn't done and it's not in their realm of comprehension.
If you're not getting good tips, rethink how you're serving people who are not old and white. Judging by this thread, you might be the one with the problem.
Thank you.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Totally right mademoiselle....ur a smart cookie :p....jus for the record i dont have really a "lack" of tips.....just the random trashy people. Has to do with them, not me.

Do you think there is something that is off-putting about you to certain groups of people? Are you very effeminate? Some people might not tip well because they are judgemental about that. It doesn't make me any difference as long as i get a friendly waiter that fills my iced tea when its empty. But i'm trying to seriously help you think of some possibilities.

I know some people just try too hard and it gets annoying, or maybe they arent talkitive at all. My personality meshes well with people who come off as very down to earth and hard working.

Fill me in about you and your persona here...as i don't think this thread is an accurate measurement about your waiting skills.

D_Biggo Mortensen

Experimental Member
Media
This thread really isn't getting any farther. It can easily cycle on for another ten posts but the majority of the posters seem to draw the same conclusions. It really should be closed (not that it should have been started in the first place).

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
guys to close this off let's just tell him what he wants to hear, what harm could that do??

OP: poor tipping is a system set up by poor women and minorities who are upset that they make less than you and exact their revenge by employing your service and screwing you over with insufficient tips.

PS with thousands of people lacking the basic necessities of life, let alone the fact that a $15/hr job is a fantasy to them, you may wanna start counting your blessings. i'm sure someone from myanmar would give their left leg to do your job for half as much, with zero complaining.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
guys to close this off let's just tell him what he wants to hear, what harm could that do??

OP: poor tipping is a system set up by poor women and minorities who are upset that they make less than you and exact their revenge by employing your service and screwing you over with insufficient tips.

PS with millions of people lacking the basic necessities of life, let alone the fact that a $15/hr job is a fantasy to them, you may wanna start counting your blessings. i'm sure someone from myanmar would give their left leg to do your job for half as much, with zero complaining.

Marley,

I think the OP is quite aware at this point of the variety of opinions on this topic. No need to continue hammering him over the head with it. I am now going to close this thread at the OP's request.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
(not that it should have been started in the first place).

Exactly. It's just another example of a n00b who started a pointless and inflammatory thread. Things like this don't serve to have a discussion, they only serve to make the members irate.

Please remember that the things you post get cached by Google and other search engines. If anyone knows your screen name, they can search and find what you've posted online. If you think it might come back and haunt you, then it probably shouldn't be posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.