Why dont men call after they have sex with you?

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So you go out with a girl, have a great time, you have sex, you say how wonderful it was and how fabulous she is. Monday rolls around and you don't call (or email or text) and the big question is WHY?

Let us rule out the obvious (he only wants sex)...lets say that isn't the situation, what other reason is there?

Do guys really do the 3 day rule?

If he doesnt call does it mean anything at all?

When a man says he's been busy at work, could he actually just be busy?

Do you panic and feel like if you call she will try to whisk you off to Vegas and marry you?

What is the deal, men?

Avanti

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just because the sex was great doesn't mean we're going to call you again. Maybe the woman should call back instead of waiting for the guy?

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I once had a girl get mad at me for not calling her within about 12 hours after we had sex lol. I was like a Friday/Sat transition and we both had stuff to do the next day anyway. Funny thing is a I really liked her a lot and was thinking about her... I just didn't actually call her right away, per se, and because I didn't call her she initially got the vibe that I didn't like her.

However, if I did really like a girl I would definitely call her sooner than 3 days... especially if we had good sex... because I would be thinking about it and wanting it again... :tongue:

Last edited:

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Do guys really do the 3 day rule?

See above post

If he doesnt call does it mean anything at all?

Yes, a guy will definitely call you again if he likes you.

When a man says he's been busy at work, could he actually just be busy?

Yep, us men do get busy and need to concentrate on our work sometimes. :tongue:

Do you panic and feel like if you call she will try to whisk you off to Vegas and marry you?

Nope, can't say I've ever gotten that feeling :wink:

What is the deal, men?

^

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
You're generalizing. Some men call and some don't.

I do, so I have no idea why others don't. Could be that they aren't that into you, as the movie says. Or maybe they don't see the need to automatically phone after a set timeframe has elapsed.

And not to state the obvious, but the phone works both ways.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't think it's the guy's job to play the aggressor. That's pretty old school. Quite honestly I get tired of it, and all the expectations that go with it. If you had a great time with a guy, call him and tell him. It shouldn't be up to us to initiate this stuff. Personally I feel girls have way too many expectations about relationships, especially after only one date.

Last edited:

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Exactly as some others have already said: us guys also like the girl to call/stop by/leave a note and just say for example, "Hey thanks for the other night, I had a great time and I'd like to do it again sometime..."

Do that, and you'll get any guy really fired up to be with you again very soon!!! :biggrin1:

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OK...I DID send an email on Sunday and it was playful, and his reply was not really all that friendly so I let it go and figured if he wanted to talk to me he would. Does that make sense. Women are taught that men love the thrill of the chase so NEVER contact them. I figured a little flirty email would be OK. All of the enthusiasm and friendliness that was happening weeks ago ...yeah..not happening now.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OK...I DID send an email on Sunday and it was playful, and his reply was not really all that friendly so I let it go and figured if he wanted to talk to me he would. Does that make sense. Women are taught that men love the thrill of the chase so NEVER contact them. I figured a little flirty email would be OK. All of the enthusiasm and friendliness that was happening weeks ago ...yeah..not happening now.

Get over what you've been taught. That's so last century. It's 2009. :biggrin1:

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Let us refocus gentlemen...

You go out with a girl who you REALLY like, you have GREEEEEEEAT sex, you have great conversation....

what possible reason would you have to suddenly go cold?

Hand_Solo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Craving something (or someone) is often more thrilling than actually getting it. It's kinda like when you really want something, and you obsess over it until you finally buy it, and then a week later it ends up in the closet because it's never as great as you hoped it'd be, and it doesn't fill up the big empty spot inside the way you hoped it would.

kazooplayer

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I lose interest after sex. I don't know why - I might even like the girl - but something happens after sex where, unless she's amazing and I want to hang out with her as a friend and lover, I lose complete interest after sex. Sorry, he probably doesn't think of you as relationship material.