why don't people want to get together with me?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Dragon88, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Dragon88

Dragon88 New Member

Albums:
    I have always had a problem getting to know new people and have a lot of bad experiences with girls. I've had sex with only one girl and one guy (experimenting). As I get interested in someone, they always reject me and tells me they think I'm a great person, but only thinks of me as a friend. This really drives me crazy, since it has happened so many times...

During the last four years, I've thought about my sexual orientation and found out that I could also be interested in guys, and in fact I'm deeply in love with a close friend of mine who's a guy. But do I give out some bad signals or something...? For example, I saw myself on video for the first time a little while ago, and I noticed that I actually appear gay unintentionally, even though I'm not, since I'm into both girls and guys. So maybe the reason is that girls don't want to commit with me is because they think I'm gay...? Is this an insane thought??? :confused:

2. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Not an insane thought, some people give off vibes like that, you just need to practice being around girls and things will get better for you. Don't give up whatever you do.

3. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    A little interest in your own worth will help. Being insecure in a social situation where it involves dating often turns people off. Being relaxed and confident and knowing what you are talking about is a fine way to start.

4. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Very good advice from ZOS23xy.
    Try not waiting for the rejection to come and being more relaxed.
    cigarbabe:saevil:

5. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Does the "one-drop rule" that applies to race also apply to sexual orientation? From where I'm standing, you're gay... get comfortable with it.

6. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    what do you mean you "look gay?"

7. SandraSmithCarver

SandraSmithCarver New Member

Albums:
    well yeh, if you "act gay" people(woman) will assume your gay-maybe you are more gay than straight-I've met men likem that, I assume there trying to come off as straight, even though i know there not

8. Xcuze

Gold Member

Er, I think he simply means that most people would assume he's Gay by the way he comes across.

I think whatever u look like, confidence is a huge magnet when it comes to dating. You do seem somewhat down on yourself. Maybe u come across too needy or clingy? Play hard to get & dont expect too much from anyone. This will give you some sense of control. Also, if u offer yourself easily to people sexually then that may be all they see u as. If u really fancy someone then dont make it too obvious to them too soon - everyone likes a bit of a chase.

Maybe youre subconsciously attracted to those u think u cant obtain? If someone wanted u really badly would u want them back? I suspect not.

9. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

I don't think it's confidence in the normal sense of the word. To be it's more liking yourself and feeling good about yourself that attracts people to you. You don't have to be all studly. If you know who you are, are open with people, and are a good friend to others, people will be interested in you.

Draft saved Draft deleted