Why don't women like to date men shorter than themselves?

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This seems like it's a universal trend across all countries and cultures. Although generally men are taller than women, if the situation is reversed there is a general attitude of women not to date guys much shorter than they are.

I have noticed women have an extensive collection of heel heights to make sure they appear shorter than their man in public. Height more than penis size seems to be a major cause of men's insecurities with women.

Question for the ladies - Is this some natural order that is ingrained into women? How comfortable would you be dating a guy 2-3 inches shorter than yourself? If not why doesn't it feel right?
Actually my second wife (or was it the first--no, it was the second) stood nearly 4 inchs taller than me. She came from a tall family and I was on the shorter side (still striving to reach 5-foot-8) Of course without the shoes on her feet (or even with shoes on mine) we were closer in height since she was 5'11"--Tall women are still sexy to me even though I've gone queer. (she was also a left handed lady which adds to the sexiness).

So, what it comes down to Earl, is that you have to like you and then she'll maybe like you and the height won't be a matter any more (hell, look at Mickey Rooney of you want an example of the short guy getting the women)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The other day i saw a small man (quite famous, on my country) pretending to bite the boob of an actress at a party. He was just on that level. She was fooling too and didn't seam to care much.
So what, it's called a sight gag I believe. Hopefully IRL short men have better sense.

Because a guy with a dick shorter than a clit is quite useless?
Amen to that hahahahaha

If the guy is shorter, there's a good chance he'll look at her tits. If he's taller, he probably will too. It's just that he'll probably look down her shirt, too. :wink:
Yeah having been an AA or A cup most of my life I can assure you that was not the case.

For me height is a BIGGIE. I just don't get into short men.
I think it has something to do with the primal need to be looked after, or "taken" cave man style (or maybe that is just my fantasy? :) :yup: I totally get the need to be looked after thing. I am 5'10 (175 cms') and curvy, so with short men make me feel like a giant freakish woman leading my son along. My hubby is 6'4 and 110 kilos of man meat, I just love it!! I can wear heels and he can carry me to bed ( all at the same time haha) Honey
Yup, I hear you Wild honey! I am 5'9" and my ex-bf was a beefy 6'4". There are many things that can only be done with a taller, more muscular man :flirt: :05:

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would just like to say 5'8" is not 'small' whatsoever! I'm 5'8, maybe 5'9" and don't see myself as small or anything. I'm at least as tall and usually a few inches taller than other adult males.

I don't think I'm inferior or anything because of my height. I enjoy it and if I wear boots I feel quite big...I enjoy the feeling, maybe not towering over people I dunno but its enjoyable.

I'm intimidated/a bit freaked out by women taller than me. Generally the same height or below is good.

Disclaimer: Maybe in America people are bigger but where I live, I'm pretty tall...and I likes it. The point is don't put yourself down if you're 'only' 5'8"

sdg475

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm 6' tall and i admitt that dating a girl who was my height, or even within an inch or two, would make me feel a little uncomfortable. Most of the girls i have been interested in are pretty short (in the 5'2'' to 5'4'' range). I don't think i've done it intentionally, it has just kinda happened that way.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So, what it comes down to Earl, is that you have to like you and then she'll maybe like you and the height won't be a matter any more (hell, look at Mickey Rooney of you want an example of the short guy getting the women)

Onslow, I've given up on women for good and joined the other team. I do short guys however - no hangups there.

The only mental image I have of Mickey Rooney is with Judy Garland and they were about the same height I think.

Nichole Kidman and Tom Cruise - that's the only famous couple I know that the woman is taller. I think Iman and David Bowie are about the same height. All commercial advertising, marketing images, wedding cake figures and every single TV and movie couples all have the man taller than the woman - reinforcing what is considered "normal" in our world. Thank god for people who are beyond normal and those who posess idiosyncrasies. They are the visionaries.

karmen

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In theory, I have nothing against dating a shorter man; however, I am barely 5'1" tall. I've actually seen men who were 5' or shorter and it always amazed me to see a man that short.

Of course, there are women who are that short so why not men who are that short after all it's just genetics.

That being said, I would date a man who was at least my height of 5'1".

Hugs and Kisses,

Karmen

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In theory, I have nothing against dating a shorter man; however, I am barely 5'1" tall. I've actually seen men who were 5' or shorter and it always amazed me to see a man that short.

Of course, there are women who are that short so why not men who are that short after all it's just genetics.

That being said, I would date a man who was at least my height of 5'1".

Hugs and Kisses,

Karmen

Karmen,

Would you date a man that was 4'10"? Why not?

stretcher74

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
> Another near-universal is how "I like tall men" is announced like it's a >rare accomplishment. Well no shit, lady, you and everybody else.

and yet most like to pretend they're measurably less shallow when it comes to sexual attraction.

I'm 5'11" ~160lbs that used to be a decent height and slightly above average, kind of like (well maybe THAT is more than slightly above average). For practical purposes, I'm not sure I would want to be taller, in terms of flexibility, being able to move around without bumping my head, etc.

With height anyways however, there seems to be height inflation going on. It's annoying. Probably the way women feel about any number of their physical attributes.

Whether this is primarialy sexual selection or an increasing number of people just shoveling down the calories durring puberty I can't say. I think the latter is more likely. There are physiological and population genetic limits. European heights have started to level off, while the dutch seem to keep getting taller (which is ironic given they started off the shortest in europe)

Tall people have heath problems. The I'm not sure the new 6'5"+ 225lbs+ ideal is much better than the borderline pre-pubescent skinny ideal for women. & how protective can you be if you die of a heart attack ? Or get decapitated on the Space Mountian ride at Disneyworld.

The good news is that "I prefer tall men" is almost always followed with "They make me feel secure/protected/dominated".That is usually the woman's core-value If you learn how to make a woman feel the latter, she'll generally forget the former.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

Well, I don't think having a guy who's taller than me ,makes me feel any safer! For me,I have been with short guys most of my life,and
never felt like they could'nt take care of me! They also never had a problem picking me up and carrying me!
I'm 5' 1" so I'm never too tall for anybody and I have dated guys 4' 10"!
No big deal! {no pun intended!}
For me it's gonna' always be about, how they treat me, and care for me!
cigarbabe:saevil:

geek0

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
im 5,10 and i have dated a couple of men who were shorter than me, i have to admit though i dont feel comfortable wearing heels around them it does look kinda rediculous when you,re 6ft and theyre 5,5 but its a gfood height for burying their head in your cleavage :tongue:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This seems like it's a universal trend across all countries and cultures. Although generally men are taller than women, if the situation is reversed there is a general attitude of women not to date guys much shorter than they are.

I have noticed women have an extensive collection of heel heights to make sure they appear shorter than their man in public. Height more than penis size seems to be a major cause of men's insecurities with women.

Question for the ladies - Is this some natural order that is ingrained into women? How comfortable would you be dating a guy 2-3 inches shorter than yourself? If not why doesn't it feel right?

I'm 5'9". I have dated guys shorter than I. This bothered them more than it bothered me. I am no longer willing to entertain this idea. I have always been more attracted to very tall men. Not just tall- VERY tall. I want to be the small one. It's been years since I had anything serious with anyone shorter than 6'3". I have flats, and 4" heels (maybe two pairs of 3" heels). There is no in-between. When I did have shoes of various heel-heights it certainly wasn't to adjust my height for some dude! It was because those were damn' cute shoes! I wear the heels because I have nice legs, and they look even nicer (as does my butt) the higher the heel.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Average heights vary with time and in different populations, so it's hard to state what the human "average" is.

However, whatever the population average, the average adult woman is just about always 5 inches shorter than the average adult man.