Why don't you have a verification pic?

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You mean a picture of some random body part (that could be anyone's) near a placard that appears to have the letters lpsg on it?

It sounds tiresome.

But if it makes people feel "secure", I guess it serves a purpose.

I challenge anyone to infer that my profile/identity is somehow "fake".

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I did a thread on this in Gold Members Group, so I learned that apparently a bunch of us didn't know that a gold membership came with a verified pic! I really didn't learn that until I had been around for awhile and read the different forums. It's also where I learned about the 1000 post deal as well.

I am now verified and slowly coming up to the 1000 post mark!

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If people don't want to have a verification pic then that is fine. They have every right to do what they want. :) As long as they accept that never posting anything and making claims of being a Brad Pitt look-alike with an empty profile will not find friends. Just my humble opinion.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I used to have one, but I have taken it down....I`, a gold member and most people I interact with have seen me, and tbh CG-that`s the only thing that matters to me;)

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You mean a picture of some random body part (that could be anyone's) near a placard that appears to have the letters lpsg on it?

It sounds tiresome.

FAKE!

I took my verification pic down because I was receiving a minimum of two marriage proposals a day.

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I used to have one, but I have taken it down....I`, a gold member and most people I interact with have seen me, and tbh CG-that`s the only thing that matters to me;)

So you don't want new friends? :frown1:

FAKE!

I took my verification pic down because I was receiving a minimum of two marriage proposals a day.

Dear FRUIT-CAKE! You must look like a bomb-shell then! :tongue:

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So you don't want new friends? :frown1:
Awwwwwwww, sweetypie of course I do! But people get attached to my charm and intelligance first, then they`d sex me no matter what I look like. And i really don`t like feeling cheap, even though I am... Awwwwwww.
Dear FRUIT-CAKE! You must look like a bomb-shell then! :tongue:
She makes me cum just by giving me names, mmmmmmm!
:cool:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

It sounds tiresome.

^^This.
Honestly "verification" here isn't worth the bandwidth it takes up.
There have been far too many notorious fakes who were verified for me to put any faith in the current system.
I believe it gives people a false sense of security and until there's a revamp of the verification requirements and it becomes a mandatory requirement for having and keeping a membership here then I'm not going to be bothered.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Why?

I joined this site because, much to my surprise, there was real intelligence, wit and worthy topics to discuss. My lack of photos doesn't impair my ability to post and that's where my interest is.

When I first joined there was a rash of fake women outings and I was concerned enough about being targeted that I offered to flash my tits to a mod on cam to avoid it, but I've long since reached the point where I don't particularly care what suspicions people have.

I once made the mistake of putting up a gallery including a humour pic for all of 5 minutes because I wanted one person to see what I looked like. In just those 5 minutes someone who already annoyed me greatly commented on the humour pic suggesting I needed sunscreen. "Please. Fuck off." I'm not interested in feedback from people I'm not interested in. Y'know?

If I like someone enough they'll get a pic or I'll go on cam with them.

I've toyed with the idea of having a gallery again as an experiment but pic-less works fine for me still.

I used to have one, but you don't need to after you get over 1,000 posts on the forum. :D So, that's why.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm not comfortable with having pics of myself hanging around this site.

Those who I know and trust, have seen a pic/s of me. That's enough for me for the moment. I do wish I was more comfortable with pics of myself, so I could share more with my friends.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
These three already summed up all I was going to say!

It sounds tiresome.

I have thought this on many occasions. What is to prevent someone from taking a pic to prove that a real person is behind the person posting...but in reality all of the cock shots are of their friends, or craigslist postings, or any number of other things.

The only way that this would really work is to have each member take a full body shot INCLUDING FACE with the username/lpsg.org placard in it. Then face shot with the placard. A cock shot with placard. A body shot with placard. That way you have a base (the first one) to compare the other 2 to.

Forgot to include him in a quote, but one guy brought up the "morality clauses" at some jobs. Withthe ease of retrieving things on the internet, one has to be careful about what one puts out there.
Why?

I joined this site because, much to my surprise, there was real intelligence, wit and worthy topics to discuss. My lack of photos doesn't impair my ability to post and that's where my interest is.

When I first joined there was a rash of fake women outings and I was concerned enough about being targeted that I offered to flash my tits to a mod on cam to avoid it, but I've long since reached the point where I don't particularly care what suspicions people have.

I once made the mistake of putting up a gallery including a humour pic for all of 5 minutes because I wanted one person to see what I looked like. In just those 5 minutes someone who already annoyed me greatly commented on the humour pic suggesting I needed sunscreen. "Please. Fuck off." I'm not interested in feedback from people I'm not interested in. Y'know?

If I like someone enough they'll get a pic or I'll go on cam with them.

I've toyed with the idea of having a gallery again as an experiment but pic-less works fine for me still.
This is why I prefer to just email my friends my pics. I don't even want to risk accidentally publicly posting a gallery as i try to set it on private (i am, to borrow a phrase from Maxcox, a cyberklutz, so it does have a chance of happening).

Does the verification pic automatically go into public regardless? And if it does then it would be a random shot, in which case see the first quote.

I'm not comfortable with having pics of myself hanging around this site.

Those who I know and trust, have seen a pic/s of me. That's enough for me for the moment. I do wish I was more comfortable with pics of myself, so I could share more with my friends.
Subgirrl brings up what I was saying earlier in my post, that some people are not comfortable with there pics beiong here (for whatever reason) I think Luka mentioned it also, that those who know us can get a pic from us. I don't cam on here, but that is another option (providing you don't mind the chance of someone keeping a camshot of you) I feel if you are on my friends list, and then if we get to know each other better, we can exchange emails and be done with it. I like the added level of security that porvides me.

And if someone doesn't want to share an email, I am always happy to direct them to a social network that has my face pics avalible.

Or they could make another email accont. Takes about 5 seconds. Use it for interactions with those of us they wish to:wink:

Also as subgirrl says, i too am not comfy having my pic taken in general. I am far to critical of myself to let just everyone see me:redface:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Reason 1: Because in reality I'm a 93 year-old lesbian covered in tattoos hiding in an cold war era missile silo in northern Montana.
Reason 2: Because, unlike Calboner's penis, an image of which was purloined from his gallery and is now being used for a fake cock extension ad scam, I don't want anyone stealing the image of me wearing a thong and masturbating with my deer rifle.

Last edited:

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
This came up in another thread.

With the ease of posting a pic up to #1, prove that you are genuine, and #2, enable you to take better advantage of what this site offers, if you don't have a verification pic, why not?
I summed it up in the Fakes Exposed thread http://www.lpsg.org/3251080-post719.html

"Haviing seen the number of members that were shown as fakes even when they had a verification pic. I see no sense in adding to it. That combined with the apparent fact that a pic doesn't need to have
any identifable personal part makes me ask why even have it?"

A picture may or may not be a legitimate pic. of the member & even if the pic is genuine that doesn't neccesarily mean the member making entriies is genuine they can fabricate a tale, pretend they're a Pentagon employee, an Austran rancher, a retired astronaut....
. again what is the real purpose?