Why don't you have a verification pic?

B_prettyswinggirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Verification pics mean nothing...really. If you care to really know the person you are communicating with...you're better off (though not foolproof) to chat on cam, or meet in real life. As has been said in this thread already, verification of a persons dick or hand has done nothing to reduce the number of fake (dicks or people). If anything, it has perhaps helped to verify real women...

The ability of camming in the chat room has really turned chat dynamics on its head. Years ago, members could post two or three pictures on here and quickly become the most treasured members of the site. I don't think a person could do that anymore, or at least not to the same degree because of the prevalence of camming...which filters out 99% of fake personas. Lots of people chat via cam now...because they are lazy and don't want to type or they prefer the visual of seeing someone laugh instead of reading "LOL". It has been interesting for me to watch these dynamics change over the past few years, I think...for the better.

And so I remain unverified...but plenty can testify that I really do exist, both through cam or real life meets.

Hmm real life meets...You know you're not that far away from me! :tongue:

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Exactly! I find it crazy that I can be part of the Real Ladies group just by having a verification pic - and it doesn't even have to be a pic that proves you are in fact a lady!

I only accept women who have verification pics that clearly show they are women.

Sorry, my post must have been unclear. I didn't mean that there SHOULDN'T be verification rules to be a member of the Real Ladies group. I meant that they should be stricter, or require more.

I'd love to know your suggestions. I'm torn between making it too easy and too difficult.

How much stricter do you need? You have to go on webcam with the group's moderator to be allowed. A verification pic is not sufficient for entrance to the Real Ladies Group.

That's not the case. Camming is just an alternative to a verification pic. I'm trying to give people options.

I'd think that the threads I respond to and the tone I use would be enough to prove I'm a woman. I have 2 moderators on my friends list that can see my face and body shots. I defy anyone to say I'm a fake. Another thread I read months ago mentioned that a series of questions that only women or transexuals would know should be enough to prove you're a woman...HUGE HINT for the way to verify the women of the Real Ladies Group!

If I let you in without verification then I'll have to let anyone in who protests they are also a real woman and then everyone would be accusing everyone else of being fake and rightly so. Verification pic or camming at the very least to be in the group, I think that's only fair.

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To tell you the truth I never really thought about it when I joined because I was not overly involved with more than a few people that I communicated with in threads and by PM's; subsequently I started speaking with a few people by telephone and met in person and felt confident they were who they said they were and vice versa.

It was not until I became a moderator that I became aware that many people here were fake or a man pretending to be a woman (still don't understand that no many how many times it's explained). Many of the fakes are weeded out by the moderators before they have a chance to reach the board or enter the chat room but with the help of the membership we are able to subdue the problem. My one wish is that when you find someone who you suspect is not what they say they are you would report it to the moderators instead of having a free-for-all on the board in the *fake member* threads, because sometimes they are real and after they have been mocked and ridiculed by the membership; it's likely hard for them to view this site as a community that offers support and help.

I think the owner of the site has been very generous in offering this option; I'm dismayed at how many people take advantage of this and feel no remorse for them and the subsequent actions taken against them.

I sent a private PM to the mods inquiring about a member and was called a vigilante. How is that fair?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I sent a private PM to the mods inquiring about a member and was called a vigilante. How is that fair?

If you would like I will forward you the PM I sent. You were posting about someone and following them from thread to thread harassing them and I said to you that perhaps being a vigilante on the board would not be in your best interests. PM's on these matters are always welcomed and discussed and followed up on. Look at your PM.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've attended many Meet-N-Greets, both here in SoFla and in NYC. Everyone who cares to know knows I'm me. Besides: who'd fake my bio?

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you would like I will forward you the PM I sent. You were posting about someone and following them from thread to thread harassing them and I said to you that perhaps being a vigilante on the board would not be in your best interests. PM's on these matters are always welcomed and discussed and followed up on. Look at your PM.

I refuted the harassment in a responding PM, and my inquiry about the member was never answered.

Why not label all those people in the Fake Members thread vigilantes too? Why not close that thread?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I refuted the harassment in a responding PM, and my inquiry about the member was never answered.
Yes you did and I looked at the threads you linked and you threw the first punch and were harassing. I did not know it needed a return reply, in the future send a read request and ask for a reply. Did you read the forward of the PM I sent you?
Why not label all those people in the Fake Members thread vigilantes too? Why not close that thread?
We are discussing it.

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I got accused of having a dick so I posted a couple of verification pics. Admittedly, the verification pic doesn't disprove the dick theory, but it shows that I have boobs. Gender questions aside, it means that I got gold membership.

It's the paying members with lots of personal pics that worry me (less than 1000 posts but gold). There are a number of non-posting "ladies" and gents here falling into that category.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
There are lots of good reasons why people will wish to maintain their anonymity, and they should be perfectly free to do so without being attacked by a lynch mob, unless they start making outrageous claims about themselves in order to attract interest.

A good argument for anonymity is that it makes you read what people actually say, rather than being prejudiced by out natural weakness to be swayed by appearance.

I am afraid that there is a gender bias, because whilst no one needs to see my chest to accept that I am a man, there has been this long history of men pretending to be women. It queers the pitch for the ladies which is a shame.

Last edited: