Why don't you wear a kilt?

lelyal

Cherished Member
Media
I would like to see more kilts being worn regularly. I wear one myself and there are some here who like to wear them, but I almost never see anyone else on the street who does. I'm not trying to make a statement or draw attention. I just think they're very comfortable and practical and don't understand why everyone doesn't wear one. At least sometimes. I would like to feel a little less conspicuous. So why don't you wear one?

Reactions: chrisrobin
D

deleted871301

I'm a descendent of the clan McGregor... Rob Roy... in South Africa, we don't wear kilts. It would be awesome though... let the boy's hang free ;)

Freeballeruk

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have one and have worn it a few times, formal or for laugh/fancy dress,
in a store other day i was wearing only football shorts,tee and trainers, a guy in a black heavy cotton kilt said hey good legs, you should try wearing a kilt? told him i have and i probably will again-but i've lost sporran(loaned to friend) so need someway to carry my money etc

sspen

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Are kilts actually a thing outside of Scotland?
They're not really even a thing IN Scotland. I was there recently, and only saw one on the street in three days (He looked very sharp, btw).

I have one, and I love wearing it, but don't have many occasions to do so. It's kind of a statement piece in the US, and if you don't really want hundreds of comments or questions per day, shorts or jeans are the clear choice.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I hope to one day buy a Tuxedo, built around a Kilt. They are very formal and I would pack it for my one day vacation to the UK

e580dc645dba31134feb6e4aa0c0a14b.jpg

ColoradoGuy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I do a lot of work off of ladders. If I wore a kilt i would either make new friends, or get fired

No kidding... there is a guy here in Denver who cleans windows (totally legit business) and makes a point of saying in his ads that he wears a kilt. However, he doesn't mention that he also always wears boxerbriefs under the kilt. o_O

It apparently was invented in the early 1700's. One has to wonder why men going commando in a wee tartan skirt would become fashion in such a cold country....Och Jean.

rryann

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I would like to see more kilts being worn regularly. I wear one myself and there are some here who like to wear them, but I almost never see anyone else on the street who does. I'm not trying to make a statement or draw attention. I just think they're very comfortable and practical and don't understand why everyone doesn't wear one. At least sometimes. I would like to feel a little less conspicuous. So why don't you wear one?

To answer your question, for me it's a fear of a random boner.

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I love wearing mine in places where freedom of expression is encouraged (like the hot springs I've gone to for years, burning man, Folsom Street Fair, etc.). In those places I wear it a lot and never think twice about it. When I think of just wearing it on the streets of San Francisco, I suddenly feel all self-conscious and prefer not to be seen as somebody trying to make some kind of statement, which is how I think I'd feel others are seeing me. If more guys wore them, I definitely would.