Why don't you wear a kilt?

lelyal

Cherished Member
Media
Yeah, I think if more people would try them, then more people would wear them. It would be a long slow process to change the shorts or long pants paradigm. Actually, I see a lot of loose shorts or basketball shorts which seems to be a more conventional attempt to achieving the comfort that a kilt provides. But really, a kilt is much better. You can't appreciate the difference until you try it.

sykray

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I wore a kilt on formal occasions when at university in Aberdeen. I bought my first kilt etc when I was 40 years old and wore it frequently. Why don't I wear the kilt now? 1. I live in the tropics - a kilt would be too hot, sweaty and prickily to wear. 2. Thais would try not to show it but they would be totally confused and puzzled by seeing one. 3. Perhaps more importantly, I have gained weight in the past 30 years and I can't get into it anymore.

Someone expressed surprise that the kilt would be developed in a cold country. Wearing the kilt is warm. Warm air gets trapped under the thickness though it circulates nicely as you walk. The only cold things that I recall on wintry conditions are knees.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I hope to one day buy a Tuxedo, built around a Kilt. They are very formal and I would pack it for my one day vacation to the UK

e580dc645dba31134feb6e4aa0c0a14b.jpg
Wearing a kilt is awesome, and hey so warm in winter. Best is the freedom it gives "the boys" as, personally, you should be commando - just take care in high winds, getting into low cars and sitting open legged on a barstool - unless you want to attract attention. Surprising how many guys ask what you wear underneath - answer is put your hand up and find out - nice for a quick feel and odd how quickly a semi lob comes on....

boatnik

Worshipped Member
Media
For comfort I have always worn loose fitting pants and shorts. If it were more accepted I would gladly make the jump to kilts.

Based on our respective anatomies, these things have always seemed backward to me:
1) Women wear dresses and men wear pants.
2) Men's bicycles have the top tube straight across and women's bicycles don't.

(These two things are actually related. Historically the reason women started wearing dresses is so they could squat down and pee without exposing flesh, and the reason women's bicycles don't have a straight top tube is so they can mount them with dresses on.)

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
For comfort I have always worn loose fitting pants and shorts. If it were more accepted I would gladly make the jump to kilts.

Based on our respective anatomies, these things have always seemed backward to me:
1) Women wear dresses and men wear pants.
2) Men's bicycles have the top tube straight across and women's bicycles don't.

(These two things are actually related. Historically the reason women started wearing dresses is so they could squat down and pee without exposing flesh, and the reason women's bicycles don't have a straight top tube is so they can mount them with dresses on.)
I thought a woman's dress was for easy access for sex and the bar on men's bicycles is to bust his nuts if he wrecks.

AJnCJ

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To answer your question, for me it's a fear of a random boner.

Partner and I love ours and have them in our family tartans.
You'd look great in one and would be surprised that the bonkers stay pretty well under control - it's the fabric and the weight of the sporran I believe

NudePreston

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wear them all the time. Nothing to do with my Scottish and Irish heritage... i wear the American versions of Utility Kilts. The freedom is awesome... and, yes, i also work on ladders sometimes... and even more "exposing" locations. If someone's offended... it's their fault for looking! You can look past it...

But even better... it's a GREAT conversation starter! Honestly, totally random people will walk up to me and start talking about it. It's a great ice breaker. And always 99.9% positive response. Women LOVE it... and many will "check"... if you know what I mean. Most men wish they had the nerve to wear one.

They're heavy in luggage--so I'm usually wearing one on the plane. (usually garnishes free onboard cocktails!) The reactions are wonderful!

If you ever thought about it... JUST DO IT! You will NEVER want to wear pants again! Just sayin'...

NudePreston

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[...]

Someone expressed surprise that the kilt would be developed in a cold country. Wearing the kilt is warm. Warm air gets trapped under the thickness though it circulates nicely as you walk. The only cold things that I recall on wintry conditions are knees.
Totally agree... the kilt can be VERY warm!

Hairylegs

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Obviously it's a cultural thing. I'm not Scottish. Hell, there isn't a single Celtic gene or gene fragment in my DNA. And while I'll confess to being Bi, deep in the inner closet of my mind, I know I'm a gay man. Man being go to word here. I find the thought of wearing women's clothes to be repugnant. A dress/skirt/kilt in my little brain is women's clothing. Not gonna happen. No kilts. No women's underwear. Not going to wear stockings. I'm not about to put on a kilt. Any psychiatrists out there who can begin to explain this odd behavior? I'll happily suck a dick, not gonna put on a dress. Go figure.

lelyal

Cherished Member
Media
Obviously it's a cultural thing. I'm not Scottish. Hell, there isn't a single Celtic gene or gene fragment in my DNA. And while I'll confess to being Bi, deep in the inner closet of my mind, I know I'm a gay man. Man being go to word here. I find the thought of wearing women's clothes to be repugnant. A dress/skirt/kilt in my little brain is women's clothing. Not gonna happen. No kilts. No women's underwear. Not going to wear stockings. I'm not about to put on a kilt. Any psychiatrists out there who can begin to explain this odd behavior? I'll happily suck a dick, not gonna put on a dress. Go figure.

This is the response that I expected. I thought more people would feel this way. I probably would have answered the same way several years ago. Since then I have become more independent and I don't really care about dressing like everyone else. Kilts ARE male clothing; just not very popular. I would have a really hard time going back to pants and shorts now that I found kilts. But I understand.