why hang a hdtv on a wall over a fire place?

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I Cant see how someone can hang there HDTV over a fireplace and watch tv with out hurting there neck.

my dlp hdtv is 30" off the floor and my neck hurts when used my 50" dlp HDTV as a computer monitor

Last edited:

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
you're supposed to be sitting away from the tv....and the tv should tilt or pivot to where you shouldn't have to hurt yourself to watch it. If your neck is hurting...you're probably sitting way to close. There are charts online to tell what is the best viewing distance of each size of tv's. We're having one mounted above our fireplace as I type this... well the construction/demo to do it. It's a non issue due to the mounting kit we bought. Can't wait to fire up the Samsung 55" LED 240 hrtz :)

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We have a 46" HD TV and the middle of the screen is at eye level when we are sitting down. To us that is the perfect place for it. No way should you have to tilt your head either up or down to watch your TV.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Looking over at my fp at this moment, the mantle is just about eye level when I am sitting down. If I am 10 feet or so from that spot it would not be a problem. Currently there is a simply fantastic painting above the fp and I have no desire or intention of changing that.