Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
What I found amusing is that he quickly noted that women can be abusive, too. Having grown up in the middle of mormondom, I'm quite familiar with the abusive mover and shaker mother in many mormon families who makes the lives of everyone miserable as they drag their families around. Uncle Harry is mormon. He's got the patois of a mormon husband and mormon "elder" down perfectly. I'm certain after his Senate career his future will include a lot of sitting in St. George, Ewetaw shopping malls holding his wife's purse while she shops for their extended family. He'll have lots of company.

They are legion.

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I suppose I misunderstood the OP.

I was under the impression that the OP looked down on politicians because Reid was suggesting that only men are abusive; when in fact, women are every bit as abusive [although obviously the men inflict more physical harm.]

Can't be letting women off the hook like that.:wink:

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not sure what the OP is getting at either... I LOATHE Harry Reid and call him a coward every chance I get, but what he spoke about is absolutely 100% true. Maybe his way of talking about it was ham fisted (I would have just used the generic term 'people'), but going by this I have to say I'm a bit impressed that he would even know such a thing. I can promise you that plenty of people in Congress have no idea, don't care to know and have no intention of ever doing their job on such issues either. So, kudos to Reid for at least being in touch with reality on an important issue. Now if he would just learn how to be an effective leader, he might not suck so bad.

Seriously, is Reid the biggest pussy anyone's ever seen running either chamber of Congress or what? I'm into political history a bit and honestly, I can't think of another chamber leader who was such an utter pussy at all times like Reid is.

Last edited: