Why I Love Nancy Grace...

yorkshireterrier

Experimental Member
Media
She's the perfect example of why american journalism is not respected in the world.
1. Sensationalism over accuracy.
2. Emphasis on violence and sex.
3. A casual and slang approach to every topic. In other words, there is no objective approach--every story might just as well have happened to her or her best friend personally that morning.
4. She speaks very poorly and is clearly emotional.

The word journalist does not mean what it used to mean---

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Nancy Grace is so tabloid-oriented!

Here's Nancy interviewing Elizabeth Smart. Elizabeth agreed to come onto Nancy's show to promote legislation, but Nancy only wants to talk about the seedy, tabloid aspects of her kidnapping.

FF to 2:00. Watch how smarmy and unctuous Nancy becomes when the beautiful, intelligent Elizabeth calls her out:

YouTube - Insane Nancy Grace gets owned by Elizabeth Smart

(I'm sorry. I truly detest Nancy Grace. And I'm working out my detestation on your thread Hells! Mea culpa.)

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
She's the perfect example of why american journalism is not respected in the world.
3. A casual and slang approach to every topic. In other words, there is no objective approach--every story might just as well have happened to her or her best friend personally that morning.

I said it was entertaining. I didn't mention journalism. She does focus on alot of high profile cases but she also gets the lead detectives and investigators activelly working on the ongoing cases.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Nancy Grace is so tabloid-oriented!

Here's Nancy interviewing Elizabeth Smart. Elizabeth agreed to come onto Nancy's show to promote legislation, but Nancy only wants to talk about the seedy, tabloid aspects of her kidnapping.

FF to 2:00. Watch how smarmy and unctuous Nancy becomes when the beautiful, intelligent Elizabeth calls her out:

YouTube - Insane Nancy Grace gets owned by Elizabeth Smart

(I'm sorry. I truly detest Nancy Grace. And I'm working out my detestation on your thread Hells! Mea culpa.)
oh god that was about as fake of an apology, after she got called out, as I've ever heard! :puke:

(2 seperate thoughts, 1 for the clip 1 about her in general)

And about Nancy Grace in general, she was a prosecutor who never lost a case if I remember right. She goes for the jugular and doesn't let up. She just goes on and on with this zeal that makes brainwashed cult members look normal.

Last edited:

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
oh god that was about as fake of an apology, after she got called out, as I've ever heard! :puke:

Remember Grace was a prosecutor who never lost a case if I remember right. She goes for the jugular and doesn't let up. She just goes on and on with this zeal that makes brainwashed cult members look normal.

And actually she wasn't called out on that clip She started an interview and Eliz stated what she was there for and it moved on.

juliachild

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
She also looks like the short round one from Abbot and Costello. (With a peroxide wig on) Frightening. No wonder she had twins, her husband probably psyched himself up to the deed right before intercourse: "Gonna have to fill er up because I can't do this shit more than once."

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I personally wouldn't dare think of her as a journalist... She's a Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter type imo. She's an infotainer.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Nancy Grace would fit in great on FoxNews... my guy is a big fan of both. To much drama and pessimism for me. I would like to see someone talk about something good thats happening, listening to either her or FN on the radio in his truck drives me bonkers.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
You know, i have to be in the right mood to watch her. And then i only limit it to like 14 minutes or so. Because by then she's repeated the same storyline several times and the loop of video they have on the missing childs/wife/spouse or parent has replayed ever 5 seconds....

But i do respect her opinion and appreciate someone being tough on neglectful and abusive parents. Especially mom's that play a role in permitting child abuse to the point of murder. She has a heart for kids and i like that. She also stands up for women who deserve to be found because of suspicious death.

She knows what it is like to be a part of something so gruesome and horrible. Her boyfriend was murdered in their house when they were living together in college. She was a victim of the types of crime she reports about.

She isn't a journalist, she's a prosecuting attorney who fights for true victims. She may be annoying as hell. But she is one of a kind and does know what it is like to have a dog in the game.