Why I prefer the company of men

blackbottom2

Expert Member
Media
Dont worry about it mate

Probably wrong time of month for her some "hoes" turn manic at that time and nothing can change them and me thinks any other time u wud prob have got away with it but not this time, YOU WAZ BROUGHT DOWN A PEG OR TWO

Move on please

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
...some bitch gotta be offended. Let me restate. I have NEVER had a man get offended at ANY of my jokes. NEVER!!!

Fuck!

What's worse, is if the girl is cute... (like tonight), uh oh... suddenly my boys are offended too. (backstabbing pussy hounds!)

Fuck!

I guess I should be just as pissed at my friend who acted like I said something wrong, but I know if she wasn't there... he'd be gaffawing... and if she were a cool chick... she'd be gaffawing.

If your friends are not offended with your jokes until a chick is in the midst of your circle then you should consider this:

Your friends know and appreciate your sense of humour. If they're acting differently in front of chicks they want to impress then they also understand your humour is deemed offensive by others in general. Doesn't that tell you something?

This is not about being PC in conversation with your friends. You should be able to laugh and joke with your friends comfortably. But that doesn't mean everyone else is going to be comfortable with your type of humour and it's absurd to believe others do not have the right to be offended by what you might say. Telling others, particularly women, that they need to lighten up because they don't like your brand of humour is insulting and condescending.

Trust me. I have a dirty mind and can take a joke. But if you're telling a joke at someone else's expense you should expect that it won't be well-received.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We didn't meet, I just read both your stories from two separate occasions, and they both ended in the same punch line.

That was the point. In one circle of strangers it went well, in another incident it didn't.

I tried to put the incidents in spoiler tags, as they really aren't even the point. Point is... I've never met a man... yet... who got actually offended at my jokes. Stranger or friend.

The worst that happens is a lot of laughs, or perhaps an "ohhhh... that was wrong! That was wrong!" You know what I mean, big grin, but also a bit of... better not tread there further thing.

BTW, in the first incident, it was a group of girls who laughed and shit, so you know, I'm not actually dead serious, even though when I posted last night, i was seriously upset.

Last edited:

Melly

1st Like
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A woman (or man) who laughs at chauvinistic/racist/anti-Semitic jokes is a woman (or man) who is not willing to give validity to those types of ideas. They're funny because they're absurd. Woman more than men often seem to have a hard time understanding that.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Remove the first "not" and it makes perfect sense. If you get your jollies laughing about potentially racist, sexist, or anti-Semitic stuff, then you're suggesting that it's okay to make light of those things. Some might agree with you; others wouldn't. The point is, no one really has the right to tell someone else to get over jokes that they find offensive, no matter what you "meant" or what you "intended."

That said, OP, I don't see what's so confusing. Your humor obviously isn't universal; it doesn't suit everyone. So, if you're not willing to change your jokes, continue to hang around people you think won't make a big deal about it.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Update

We still go out and drink every Wednesday. Probably because I was mixing lots of coffee, and beer, (a concoction that makes me anxious) I read the situation as being worse than it was.

:smile:

aajjxx

Experimental Member
Media
No, I see where he's coming from. Many people, myself included, think that making light removes the power from it. Keeping shit taboo ensures that that kind of thinking will be everlasting.

Also find me one comedian who doesn't tell jokes that are potentially racist, sexist, etc. And I'll show you a comedian on one laughs at or has ever even heard of.

Anyway, this forum is a great example of people that just need to lighten the fuck up. It's a forum for big dicks and the people here get all pissy and go off like they've never been fucked by one in their entire lives.

Remove the first "not" and it makes perfect sense. If you get your jollies laughing about potentially racist, sexist, or anti-Semitic stuff, then you're suggesting that it's okay to make light of those things. Some might agree with you; others wouldn't. The point is, no one really has the right to tell someone else to get over jokes that they find offensive, no matter what you "meant" or what you "intended."

That said, OP, I don't see what's so confusing. Your humor obviously isn't universal; it doesn't suit everyone. So, if you're not willing to change your jokes, continue to hang around people you think won't make a big deal about it.

Last edited: