Why Im glad Im not circumcised

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Actually, the differences in penile cancer and HPV are very minor. Besides, penile cancer's rare, and there's a vaccine for HPV.

When you control for culture as much as you can, such as (say) U.S. and Britain, circumcision doesn't prevent STDs at all. Instead these population-based studies (which compare prevalence to total population rather than total number tested) typically involve Africa or Southeast Asia, where the majority of circumcised men are Muslims.

Female circumcision has also been statistically linked to lower risk of HIV infection.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by jonb@Aug 25 2005, 06:44 PM
Female circumcision has also been statistically linked to lower risk of HIV infection.
[post=338014]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow! Just completely did a 180...........let's make sure EVERYONE gets butchered!

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
My point was that certain sexual practices are more often associated with a reduced risk of HIV infection, but that's more than the state of the genitalia.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, like a woman with no clit would probably have less interest in sex in general than one with. I'll keep mine anyway, tyvm, I can afford condoms!

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
But it's true in Tanzania, so it must be the only factor in HIV infection rates! LOL

Basically, they found that of the 10 (out of 21) regions where girls are most likely to be circumcised (>=20%), only four were among the 10 with the highest female HIV infection rates (>10%). They were Mbeya, Iringa, Dar es Salaam, and Pwani.

Of course, once again, I've always said it's cultural practices, not the state of the genitalia. Have fewer partners, your risk of HIV infection is reduced. Use condoms, your risk of HIV infection's reduced. Use nonpenetrative activities, your risk of infection's nil during those cases of nonpenetrative sex.