Why is a Socially Dominant Man So Attractive?

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just trying to get into a women's head for a moment...then later the pants :p

Why, from a woman's POV, is a socially dominant man so attractive?

When a woman sees a man who maybe average/decent looking (but not handsome) who is the Alpha male of his group, socially dominant, a leader in his in world (maybe runs his own business or something) why is that such an attractive feature? Where does the woman's mind go in terms of bridging that attraction? Does her mind suddenly fantasize about this guy being dominant in bed, fucking the shit out of her and splitting her in half? Does she fantasize about his having a big cock (let's say a protruding bulge is not part of the equation here) and ramming it into her?

Thanks.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've never understood this. Loud, aka 'socially dominant' guys really piss me off. There's no need to be loud and obnoxious. I tend to think the loudest guys have the smallest cocks. Which seems to be confirmed at the urinal.

Anyways, I have heard women are attracted to money, status and power moreso than looks and even (shock, horror) penis size. :confused:

Supersized

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just trying to get into a women's head for a moment...then later the pants :p

Why, from a woman's POV, is a socially dominant man so attractive?

When a woman sees a man who maybe average/decent looking (but not handsome) who is the Alpha male of his group, socially dominant, a leader in his in world (maybe runs his own business or something) why is that such an attractive feature? Where does the woman's mind go in terms of bridging that attraction? Does her mind suddenly fantasize about this guy being dominant in bed, fucking the shit out of her and splitting her in half? Does she fantasize about his having a big cock (let's say a protruding bulge is not part of the equation here) and ramming it into her?

Thanks.

His will is so strong that it gives her sexual pleasure more than any large penis can. It is size of his personality that gets her off.

D

deleted213967

Socially-dominant men may be socially attractive, but can be repulsive sexually.

Hey I would push Hillary, a socially-dominant female, out of my bed being gay and all (albeit gently and I would still ask for an autograph).

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
SLB, let me clarify....my version of socially dominant doesn't necessarily have to be a guy who is loud/obnoxious...rather, a guy who has stories to tell. A guy who can take a woman on an emotional trip with his viewpoints, life experiences and such... not necessarily the large, drunken slovenly guy who is more of a meathead in demeanor....

Of course the genesis of this question pertains to me. I used to look better, but have gained weight, hair thinned out a litte, etc....I have had many experience where my charisa (whether at a bar or some other somewhat social setting) has drawn women to parade nearby....

Here is an example. I was a at large bar with some male buddies a while back. The night was young and the bar was not crowded. I was warming the night up by engaing in some story with my buddies (I must have been very charismatic and animated in my display). From out of nowhere, 2 women "appeared" in our general area. Keep in mind, the bar was empty at the time and we were in an obscure part of the bar, so I speculate they saw me with my Alpha Male qualities and wanted me to talk to them. This occurence has happened many times, and remember, I'm not looking the best I can right now physically....Would love to hear what the ladies have to say..

PS I'm not as young as I used to be :)

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Here is a full scale example from my past (note some details have changed to protect the guilty)...

I used to be a vacuum salesman in Chicago. A older, attractive lady, Bernice, came into our showroom to peruse the vacuums. I was the lead sales manager at the time and I used to launch into a long-winded pitch. Well, I had Bernice come into my office, launched into my pitch..."hey, this type of unit is junk, this one is good, this is your warranty period...blah, blah, blah..."

Anyway, at the end of the pitch she said she'll think about it, was about to leave, and then pulled a Columbo, saying "Oh, by the way, do you want to get dinner sometime?"...In my head, I was thrilled and I knew I "had her" because the request was so out of context. I kept my poker face and said "maybe" and we exchanged contact info....we got together and she became a great FWB for some time. I guess I should have asked her in hindsight about the dinner request, but my intepretation is my social dominance during my vacuum cleaner sales "pitch".

NEWREBA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
for me it's not exactly socially dominant men but men who know who they are and project a certain confidence about themselves. It's not cockiness. It's an inner strength that is connected to their character. that's how i'd describe it. if a guy has integrity and is honest then he's quite sexy to me.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Looks can't top the money, security and social prestige an alpha male can provide.

Look at John McCain's trophy wife, pretty good for a guy who has jowls the size of grapefruit.

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
reba, is this something you can usually assess within 5-10 minutes of meeting the guy?

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
SLB, let me clarify....my version of socially dominant doesn't necessarily have to be a guy who is loud/obnoxious...rather, a guy who has stories to tell. A guy who can take a woman on an emotional trip with his viewpoints, life experiences and such... not necessarily the large, drunken slovenly guy who is more of a meathead in demeanor....

Of course the genesis of this question pertains to me. I used to look better, but have gained weight, hair thinned out a litte, etc....I have had many experience where my charisa (whether at a bar or some other somewhat social setting) has drawn women to parade nearby....

Here is an example. I was a at large bar with some male buddies a while back. The night was young and the bar was not crowded. I was warming the night up by engaing in some story with my buddies (I must have been very charismatic and animated in my display). From out of nowhere, 2 women "appeared" in our general area. Keep in mind, the bar was empty at the time and we were in an obscure part of the bar, so I speculate they saw me with my Alpha Male qualities and wanted me to talk to them. This occurence has happened many times, and remember, I'm not looking the best I can right now physically....Would love to hear what the ladies have to say..

PS I'm not as young as I used to be :)

Confident, assertive men who know what they want and are at ease with themselves and their surroundings will always out shine their peers in any given situation.

What is highly undesirable is a man who has a overweening conceit and a over inflated opinion of his attractiveness.
These men put the attention that they recive down to their personal "charisma" when really their grandstanding antics draw a morbid, horrified fascination.
Nothing is more entertaining than watching a human train wreck do what he does best.

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Dragon, I appreciate the post. But to delve deeper, from a woman's POV, what is it about the charimsa and such (assuming the guy does not have model looks or such) that attracts a woman? Does a woman often fantasize about how big his cock is or how dominant he may be in the sack in tandem with his charisimatic persona?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What is highly undesirable is a man who has a overweening conceit and a over inflated opinion of his attractiveness.
These men put the attention that they recive down to their personal "charisma" when really there grandstanding antics draw a morbid, horrified fascination.
Nothing is more entertaining than watching a human train wreck do what he does best.

You don't find Barry Bonds attractive? Let's see how about Arnold Schwarzeneger, Geraldo Rivera, Mel Gibson, Go-Go boys who dance on display in clubs, Gay culture.

Yes I agree, narcisism is a big turn off.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Dragon, I appreciate the post. But to delve deeper, from a woman's POV, what is it about the charimsa and such (assuming the guy does not have model looks or such) that attracts a woman? Does a woman often fantasize about how big his cock is or how dominant he may be in the sack in tandem with his charisimatic persona?

I think you'll find different women fantasize about different things.

I think you are far oversimplifying it by banging on about cock size and dominance in bed - not all women like a big cock, nor a dominant lover for that matter.

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yeah, but the whole question behind the post (which still has not been addressed) is WHAT IS IT ABOUT THOSE QUALITIES TURN A WOMAN ON?

I already know those qualities are valid; I have experienced the results myself, but WHAT IS IT...

Why don't you start with the reply, MB?

Ldnn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Someone who can talk to women openly, someone who has experienced a little of what life has to offer and someone who isn't afraid of having an opinion and putting it across respectfully is likely a large amount of it. In my experience a lot of woman are attracted more to passion, assertiveness and not-unattractive easy-to-talk-to guys than what is in their pants.

I know that people who predominantly consider size to be a major issue when dating will still consider it important of course, but the vast majority of women want someone who has done something (or is doing something) with his life and has a bit of a character (good personality, charismatic, good with her friends and so on), not somone who likes to blunder from one thing to the next.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
lwd,
Having been around a family of "real"dominant males and spent most of my working life with them "dominant males" have very little novelity value for me.
Dominate males don't have to shout their dominance from the roof tops(or a public forum) nor do they need to ask what makes them so attractive to women because they already know.
My guess is that you are a aging, fat, balding, moderately successful executive who has all the sexual allure of a typhoid carrier.
Also chances are that your sick of being passed over by women for the real dominant men in your group.
It would have been better if the question was asked as someone that you are rather than what your not.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Someone who can talk to women openly, someone who has experienced a little of what life has to offer and someone who isn't afraid of having an opinion and putting it across respectfully is likely a large amount of it. In my experience a lot of woman are attracted more to passion, assertiveness and not-unattractive easy-to-talk-to guys than what is in their pants.

I know that people who predominantly consider size to be a major issue when dating will still consider it important of course, but the vast majority of women want someone who has done something (or is doing something) with his life and has a bit of a character (good personality, charismatic, good with her friends and so on), not somone who likes to blunder from one thing to the next.

This is true, but I wouldn't necessarily consider such a man to be socially dominant - simply someone who is stable. I'm turned off by the "dominance displays", being an egalitarian myself. But I want someone who is stable.

Now yes, I do consider size to be an issue, but of course that is not true for all women, and probably not true for most.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Yeah, but the whole question behind the post (which still has not been addressed) is WHAT IS IT ABOUT THOSE QUALITIES TURN A WOMAN ON?

I already know those qualities are valid; I have experienced the results myself, but WHAT IS IT...

Why don't you start with the reply, MB?

None of those things you mentioned, currently turn me on.
cigarbabe:saevil:

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Dragon, you have some real issues here. I have asked a legit. question, wanting to try to get some feedback and this has obviously struck a nerve with you....Hey partner, I won't feed into your anger, but you have some real problems here, not a credit to the female species, for sure....

Yeah, you don't like dominant men and all of your pictures show you in a submissive position...bitter much?