Why is a Socially Dominant Man So Attractive?

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have nothing to sell, no websites to point to, no big cock claims or any ulterior motive, so you can think again, Ms. Angry!

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i feel that the beta is the alpha just allowing the "real" beta to pretend
to be the "alpha" until things get serious.
confused yet?

every alpha is a beta.
every beta is an alpha.
it is a state of mind.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sometimes I like a socially dominant man for the "make me feel womanly" factor; other times I just date a socially dominant man because he's annoying and I want to put him in his place.

Much like attraction to any personality type, it is in the moment, they are either attractive or piss you off. For me, charisma has a lot to do with whether I initially like someone or not.

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why is a Socially Dominant Man So Attractive?

Well, I would say that a socially dominant male would be attractive to a female or male that wants to be socially dominant also. Maybe they feel that hanging out with someone that has qualities that they are drawn to.....will rub off on them and they will get a sense of "power" or whatever they are looking for. Maybe the person likes to be the center of attention and they like the attention that the socially dominant male sends there way.

I did hear an old wives tale a while back about socially dominant people..... That a lot of times they are into the kink lifestyle....... and while they are socially dominant by day in their day to day life.......in the kink lifestyle they like to be dominated. They are usually submissive.....I have just heard that it kind of balances out to be like that..... in the bedroom.

Anyone else ever hear of this rumor?

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I did hear an old wives tale a while back about socially dominant people..... That a lot of times they are into the kink lifestyle....... and while they are socially dominant by day in their day to day life.......in the kink lifestyle they like to be dominated. They are usually submissive.....I have just heard that it kind of balances out to be like that..... in the bedroom.

Anyone else ever hear of this rumor?

I have heard this... like stories about the CEO who goes to a dominatrix. I'd say that there is some of this, but others just strike me as dominant in all areas of life. Those are a real turn-off to me. I don't like their attitudes. For instance, I find Donald Trump extremely annoying.

cookiesweet83

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah for me, I don't know if I pick up on the socially dominant, maybe the socially confident, but lately my sexual buzzer has been on. I've been picturing having rough sex with like random guys lol. I could be at work and a guy will enter the store and I'll just feel this energy or the way he walks or carries himself and then my mind will start going to this place. It happened the other day though about one of my male coworkers. He's cute, but young and I was picturing all this stuff. But I like confident guys , socially dominant I don't know I mean there needs to be equal participation in the group. Can't always be the life of the party.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is rather simplistic but I would say it is probably rather basic. Women in general like security, though being with such a man does not necessarily guarantee security ( In most cases probably not because he is also attractive to MANY females) but he looks like good genetic materials and as though he could provide so there one has it....

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People often judge other people by how others treat them. I mean if you walk into a room and see other people focused on one guy, then you will think he is special in some way. That would explain the initial attraction. If they are liked in the long-term then it's probably because socially dominant guys have good qualities, like being generally nice.

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ah for me, I don't know if I pick up on the socially dominant, maybe the socially confident, but lately my sexual buzzer has been on. I've been picturing having rough sex with like random guys lol. I could be at work and a guy will enter the store and I'll just feel this energy or the way he walks or carries himself and then my mind will start going to this place. It happened the other day though about one of my male coworkers. He's cute, but young and I was picturing all this stuff. But I like confident guys , socially dominant I don't know I mean there needs to be equal participation in the group. Can't always be the life of the party.

That's an interesting take, Cookie. You know, maybe I need to refine my phrasing and just use "socially confident." It seems people correlate "soically dominant" to the guy who never stops talking and "knows just about everything" and always being right. So, if that's what some of you were thinking, that wasn't where I was going with this...So maybe we should just stick with "socially confident"...my intrepretation is being the alpha male, the leader of his pack, but not to the point where a woman couldn't talk to him because it's all about him.

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That is rather simplistic but I would say it is probably rather basic. Women in general like security, though being with such a man does not necessarily guarantee security ( In most cases probably not because he is also attractive to MANY females) but he looks like good genetic materials and as though he could provide so there one has it....

Nice post. That was where I was going with the question, more "what makes it attractive" and not "is it attractive".

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have nothing to sell, no websites to point to, no big cock claims or any ulterior motive, so you can think again, Ms. Angry!

You are trying to imply that we are bitter, because we disagree with what you find attractive in a man? Hahaha!
Yeah,okay! For the record,because I'm letting put his cock in my mouth
I would say,that I'm in control. Flea!
cigarbabe:saevil:

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You are trying to imply that we are bitter, because we disagree with what you find attractive in a man? Hahaha!
Yeah,okay! For the record,because I'm letting put his cock in my mouth
I would say,that I'm in control. Flea!

No, no, no...you are way out of line here, Cigar. Don't jump to conclusions when you don't even know me....first of all this "we are bitter" is crap. I was replying to only one person who accused me of being a fake, so let's remove your anger and call a spade a spade. When someone goes off on some tirade and makes assumptions about someone she never has/will meet, I will defend myself.....So just back off; that response was not about you...

Also, if any responders (male, female, gay, straight) were cordial and helpful in their responses, I responded the same way....let's not jump to conclusions here...jeez!

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You, the OP.

Well, you need to re-read the post, Bucko. I chose my words carefully. I didn't ask "Is Social dominance attractive". I asked "why is it attractive". You really need to re-read the question before responding....

Man, so much hate over a well-intentioned, honest question....For those who responded without attitude, kudos!

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Remove your own anger!
I'm hardly angry about your comments,they aren't worth getting worked up about. Although you claiming that dragon, isn't a credit to "our species"
certainly sounds angry to me,and is a slur on women in general.
Why didn't you answer Bbucko,by the way?
As for your comments toward me,anyone here that knows of me,can tell you I am hardly submissive.

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Remove your own anger!
I'm hardly angry about your comments,they aren't worth getting worked up about. Although you claiming that dragon, isn't a credit to "our species"
certainly sounds angry to me,and is a slur on women in general.
Why didn't you answer Bbucko,by the way?
As for your comments toward me,anyone here that knows of me,can tell you I am hardly submissive.

When you look at the unfounded, anger-ridden assumptions made by her, there is just cause in my mind to respond as I did....I did reply to Bucko