Why is a Socially Dominant Man So Attractive?

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
Flick the bean, thats fucking HILARIOUS. Im getting my husband to make me a bumper sticker that says "Im in a hurry to get home to flip the bean!"

Hell yes i masturbate all the time. I've done since i was in the womb. I play with my labia while im watching tv without even thinking about it. its like thumbsucking for a toddler...its self soothing! And yes, i do have that on video too so dont PM me asking folks.

Oh c'mon, it's me here asking. You can surely send it to me!:biggrin1:

If you want a bumpersticker made, cafepress can do it. You just need someone that can work photoshop.:wink:

*cough, ME!!!, cough*

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think some people confuse the obnoxious loud mouthed shit who's insulting and talking over everyone else with the true alpha male, an alpha male doesn't (and this applies to females too) have to be unpleasant all the time because he's confident in his abilities and knows that simply stating his point is often all that's needed rather than being insulting and overbearing. Confidence is attractive because it's based on what you've achieved throughout life, a confident person is going to be able to cope with all lifes curveballs without panicking. We often see people who are unpleasant and throw out insults all the time when someone disagrees with them, that's not an alpha person, that's someone who's insecure and to hide that insecurity is jumping in with insults hoping they'll be perceived as a dominant person.

cutedorkwho

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Confidence is attractive because it's based on what you've achieved throughout life, a confident person is going to be able to cope with all lifes curveballs without panicking.

Exactly! :smile:

We often see people who are unpleasant and throw out insults all the time when someone disagrees with them, that's not an alpha person, that's someone who's insecure and to hide that insecurity is jumping in with insults hoping they'll be perceived as a dominant person.

Very good point! I think people try jumping on the "asshole" bandwagon because SOME girls are into that kind of thing, although in my experiance it tends to be somewhat of a phase only.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, but the quiet, cerebral, confident, observer gets the better women ;-)
The ego-centric cocky dickhead gets what he deserves..the baggage-laden, attention-starved, showboaty score-keepers...

Just trying to get into a women's head for a moment...then later the pants :p

Why, from a woman's POV, is a socially dominant man so attractive?

When a woman sees a man who maybe average/decent looking (but not handsome) who is the Alpha male of his group, socially dominant, a leader in his in world (maybe runs his own business or something) why is that such an attractive feature? Where does the woman's mind go in terms of bridging that attraction? Does her mind suddenly fantasize about this guy being dominant in bed, fucking the shit out of her and splitting her in half? Does she fantasize about his having a big cock (let's say a protruding bulge is not part of the equation here) and ramming it into her?

Thanks.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
wait wait wait...i just read that original post. Uhm, i know i dont equate cock size with success and confidence. My husband was very humble, quiet and shy and he had the biggest cock in the room most of the time. And yes i did hope he would fuck the shit out of me when i first saw him. 10 years later im looking over at him snoring hoping he'll split me in half tomorrow too!

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
wait wait wait...i just read that original post. Uhm, i know i dont equate cock size with success and confidence. My husband was very humble, quiet and shy and he had the biggest cock in the room most of the time. And yes i did hope he would fuck the shit out of me when i first saw him. 10 years later im looking over at him snoring hoping he'll split me in half tomorrow too!

Big schlong and "powerful man' not the same it seems...

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

That's all pretty hot, I must admit!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Since when is it news that confidence is sexy?

I mean really...

Well quite! It isn't news - the exact whys and wherefores of it vary from person to person - which is why I didn't answer the OP last night.

Well, you need to re-read the post, Bucko. I chose my words carefully. I didn't ask "Is Social dominance attractive". I asked "why is it attractive". You really need to re-read the question before responding....

Man, so much hate over a well-intentioned, honest question....For those who responded without attitude, kudos!

Ha - you need to get a bit more used to this place. But yes - I understand it was a why question - and it varies.

I object to the term dominant and to your description of such a man - some of the most confident and 'alpha' males I know (including my partner) can be socially dominant but far, far more often choose not to be - being relaxed enough in themselves, their opinions and abilities to not have to show it. Those are the real alpha and the ones I am most attracted to because they do not use their confidence and ability as a control mechanism (unless there is a situation that really requires it). The kind of man you describe - entertaining his colleagues in a bar or whatever, is exactly the kind of man I do not find attractive because the outward displays of social dominance often sit awkwardly on top of huge deficiencies.

I'm not suggesting either of those descriptions apply to you, lwd - I don't know you so I couldn't comment.

The reason I find the real alphas attractive is fairly obvious in my case. I'm an alpha female and I much prefer to fuck and be friends with those who are qual to me in this regard.

It's all about confidence, guys!

A confident man isn't worried about other guys, remember worrying only gets you into trouble. As such, he projects an aire which goes along the lines of providing security to the woman.

That's basically true.

Socially Dominant Men at Greater Risk for Early Death

Maybe they are murdered because they annoy the crap out of everyone around them. :tongue:

LOL - yeah probably *hides fillet knife*

Well, think the whole thread took a turn for the worse over the distinction between "social confident" and "socially dominant". i.e. one being a good thing and one being, largely, a turn-off.

That may indeed be true.

I think some people confuse the obnoxious loud mouthed shit who's insulting and talking over everyone else with the true alpha male, an alpha male doesn't (and this applies to females too) have to be unpleasant all the time because he's confident in his abilities and knows that simply stating his point is often all that's needed rather than being insulting and overbearing. Confidence is attractive because it's based on what you've achieved throughout life, a confident person is going to be able to cope with all lifes curveballs without panicking. We often see people who are unpleasant and throw out insults all the time when someone disagrees with them, that's not an alpha person, that's someone who's insecure and to hide that insecurity is jumping in with insults hoping they'll be perceived as a dominant person.

Troof! :cool:

YoungBook

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
social dominance and dick size have VERY LITTLE to do with each other. i have a large dick but it doesn't make me want to/more able to dominate people or situations.

much more of my confidence comes from a belief in my mind rather than my cock. a quick mind gives you the confidence and ability to control your own life and when you have this on your side controlling others reveals itself as the ponitless pursuit it is.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well quite! It isn't news - the exact whys and wherefores of it vary from person to person - which is why I didn't answer the OP last night.

Ha - you need to get a bit more used to this place. But yes - I understand it was a why question - and it varies.

I object to the term dominant and to your description of such a man - some of the most confident and 'alpha' males I know (including my partner) can be socially dominant but far, far more often choose not to be - being relaxed enough in themselves, their opinions and abilities to not have to show it. Those are the real alpha and the ones I am most attracted to because they do not use their confidence and ability as a control mechanism (unless there is a situation that really requires it). The kind of man you describe - entertaining his colleagues in a bar or whatever, is exactly the kind of man I do not find attractive because the outward displays of social dominance often sit awkwardly on top of huge deficiencies.

The reason I find the real alphas attractive is fairly obvious in my case. I'm an alpha female and I much prefer to fuck and be friends with those who are equal to me in this regard.

Thanks for the back-up MB.

I probably shouldn't post when I'm not up for thinking about a response in depth. And I should definitely avoid responding to threads where I'll have nothing meaningful to add.

SP and you (in the quote above) really did nail the whole confidence vs cockiness thing better than I.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Thanks for the back-up MB.

I probably shouldn't post when I'm not up for thinking about a response in depth. And I should definitely avoid responding to threads where I'll have nothing meaningful to add.

SP and you (in the quote above) really did nail the whole confidence vs cockiness thing better than I.

Welcome to my world :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

and you should post whenever the hell you like, if only so I get to see that avatar :wink::biggrin1:

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm a bit suriprised by the number of women here claiming they're not necessarily attracted to "alpha male" types. Its encouraging but still conflicts with what I've observed in my years.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, Speedo, I'm conflicted on that point. I usually "go for" alpha males, but being kinda alpha myself, it doesn't always work. And I get really tired of hearing "You always want it YOUR way..." (but wait... weren't we just discussing how I wanted MY herb garden in MY back yard...???) :confused::rolleyes:

So, alpha males can be a bit problematic.

I think easy going males who can be alpha OR gamma would be nice... (just don't give me a male who wants to be grandma or who tries to fix my grammar!)