Why is being uncircumsized still being used as a joke?

ellipsis

Experimental Member
Media
Not one to post at all but this made me want to say something.
I was watching the trailer of a recent movie "Bad Moms" and the trailer ended with one woman turning to the other saying "what happens if he isn't circumsized?" and the other replying "then scream and get out of there, its like finding a gun on the street, just scream and run".
It has also been the joke in several other movies/ series that Ive watched but none so aggressively as this.

Why is it that its okay for massive Hollywood productions to say "being uncircumsized is unnatural or disgusting or "scary" enough to warrant running out of a room".
Its incredibly offensive.

Interested to hear anyones thoughts on this offensive junk.

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hmm.

Well. I don't know how to break this to you.

80 to 90 percent of the human population of our planet are idiots.

We get a lower proportion of intelligent individuals than gorillas, whales or dolphins. Even giraffes and penguins do better than we do.

And film and television industries both sustain that, and pander to it, in their unholy alliance with advertisers ...

Sorry.

;)

forefox

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ha, ha, I couldn't care less, the joke is on the circumcised. If anyone thinks I'd give up about 12 square inches of warm, moist foreskin embedded with nerve endings for the sake of some belief system....there's where the joke is. M

MY MAN

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was watching the trailer of a recent movie "Bad Moms" and the trailer ended with one woman turning to the other saying "what happens if he isn't circumsized?" and the other replying "then scream and get out of there, its like finding a gun on the street, just scream and run".
It has also been the joke in several other movies/ series that Ive watched but none so aggressively as this.

Why is it that its okay for massive Hollywood productions to say "being uncircumsized is unnatural or disgusting or "scary" enough to warrant running out of a room".

I have theories about why, but I worry that those theories are themselves offensive, so I'll just say that yes, I've seen those kind of jokes as well and they are offensive.

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Writers as a group don't often reflect public opinion or current medical thinking. Anyone seen Amy Schumer's routine on uncircumcised penises? Sometimes there's also a religious or ethnic bias operant as well.

ellipsis

Experimental Member
Media
Well the Hollywood Moguls that run the studios are mostly Jewish and the percent of Jewish people in the studios is much higher then in other industries!! Bill
Yeah I think this is probably why. But are most Americans that are circumcised Jewish?

Reactions: BillM

ellipsis

Experimental Member
Media
Yeah I agree with all these. Can't help but imagine if the tables were turned and it was some guys standing around joking about some natural piece of skin on a woman's body being disgusting. The feminists would have a field day.

Reactions: ShockTheMonkey

BillM

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Beverly Hills (California, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yeah I think this is probably why. But are most Americans that are circumcised Jewish?

Well all Jewish guys are cut and the hospitals in the United States cut about 50% of guys, that number is now going down every year now as normal American are getting smarter, Oh I am CUT and not Jewish!! Bill

evolution

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Oh I am CUT and not Jewish!! Bill

Not too late. Admit it, you enjoy a good Pastrami on Rye. ;-)

Changing a cultural norm, esp. about something not discussed, is a long slow process. Even on this website there's often vibrant 'discussions' on the matter.

Reactions: BillM

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

It's not ok in short. I don't know if it's just in America where it's a big deal... but here in Australia women don't care if a man is circumcised or not. The majority of men here seem to not be circumcised also. I don't understand why it's such a big deal over there... I remember in an episode of sex and the city the ladies were asking if the others had ever seen an uncircumcised penis. And whoever said that they had seemed to indicate that it was something unpleasant. I think it's all so stupid to be so judgemental about that.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Actually, that's not true, Bill. There is a vocal minority within the Jewish faith that don't subscribe to circumcision. I stress the word minority, though, because they are a fairly insignificant number.
You taste a foreskin, you feel a foreskin and you kiss a foreskin - then you'll know why its perfection

Chubby_Lover

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

For the same reason overweight people are ridiculed... a lot of folks are turned off by the way they look (and smell if we're talking about uncircumcised cocks)...

Hairylegs

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
So you are implying that most of the women on the planet are idiots? Based on the evidence provided it sounds very sexist and anti woman, as if women aren't entitled to their opinions, no matter how offensive you as a gay male find it. Clearly a Mr Trump supporter. Okay, the real answer. Hollywood, 90-95% are idiots, male or female. In LA, dumb does not discriminate. California as a whole may be 5% better, but that isn't the issue. Reality check. Most American men are cut. You don't have to approve. You can have your opinions, that isn't the issue. Most of us are cut. 80-90% of us, men and women, retain our puritanical roots. Penises are not something that are discussed in polite company. They makes us uncomfortable. The overwhelming majority of cut male Americans and their female friends are straight, and most probably have never even seen a foreskin, much less understand how they operate in the real world. (Hell, I've seen, touched, and sucked plenty in my time, and I still don't have a grip on how the damn things work). So add a little morbid curiosity, discomfort about the subject, and fear to the equation, and VOILA! Potty humor. Now sit down, pop a xanax, breath slowly and relax. There are a lot of folks out there who don't wish to have anything to do with a foreskin, and many, many of them are women. Poking fun at them eases the tension somewhat. You may feel differently, but that does not change the other guy. Or gal. Capisch?

cobra8

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ha, ha, I couldn't care less, the joke is on the circumcised. If anyone thinks I'd give up about 12 square inches of warm, moist foreskin embedded with nerve endings for the sake of some belief system....there's where the joke is. M
Totally agree with you on this one. If a girl actually has a reaction like that, then I would let her run away won't waste time with someone who doesn't appreciate me. Maybe this stems from people being uncomfortable with what they don't know. But mainly from stupid jokes like this made up by insecure jealous assholes.

Reactions: long_uncut

moccasin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
In every case, the women I've been with have been married one or more times and have had several boyfriends in the interim. None of them have been with a uncircumcised guy and all have been fascinated with me. Also, they all have grown sons and commented that if they knew then what they know now, and have learned from me, they would never have had their sons circumcised. They said when their sons were born they had no understanding of why circumcision was advised or what it meant, it was just the conventional thing to do...and was carried out as a matter of course in their and their husbands families.

Reactions: Uncutsouthernboy

Ocine

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess its typical from USA, in France there no joke about that
Or generaly the joke are "against" people who are circumised

Well I dont have an exemple in my mind, but generaly its like: Oh take care with this knife, or he will cut your penis!