Why is feminism such a bad word?

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i like the term feminazi, because that's how they act.

and i'm not letting those bitches chase me off saying, 'i am a feminist!' women died for this cause. they died for feminism and for equality.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Where did we get the idea that every female relationship before feminism was a ball and chain type that was oppressive for the women?

Why couldnt HollyBlue (aka consensualslave) have that kind of bond with her man without feminism so called giving her the right to have that choice? Last i knew there were good men and good women out their pairing up all the time and having the kind of relationship they wanted regardless what anyone thought.

Personally, i'd be who i am if i married my husband 300 years ago or today, because we both pair well together. Feminism hasnt done much for me personally. Women still get looked at with a double standard as far as sex goes and always will. Often times its other women that are the feminazi's toward other women who choose to be sexual and feminine at the same time.

The feminism i see today is the one that says men are useless, like a fish needs a bicycle, all men want to oppress you and put up a fight when one holds the door open for you.

I love being a woman, i love being my husbands woman. I have an identity without him, but much of who i love about myself is when i'm with him. He brings out the best in me.

B_BigBentTree

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Where did we get the idea that every female relationship before feminism was a ball and chain type that was oppressive for the women?

Why couldnt HollyBlue (aka consensualslave) have that kind of bond with her man without feminism so called giving her the right to have that choice? Last i knew there were good men and good women out their pairing up all the time and having the kind of relationship they wanted regardless what anyone thought.

Personally, i'd be who i am if i married my husband 300 years ago or today, because we both pair well together. Feminism hasnt done much for me personally. Women still get looked at with a double standard as far as sex goes and always will. Often times its other women that are the feminazi's toward other women who choose to be sexual and feminine at the same time.

The feminism i see today is the one that says men are useless, like a fish needs a bicycle, all men want to oppress you and put up a fight when one holds the door open for you.

I love being a woman, i love being my husbands woman. I have an identity without him, but much of who i love about myself is when i'm with him. He brings out the best in me.

Very well said.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Very well said.

Thanks, personally, i feel feminism has probably done more to destroy relationships and potential relationships for women. It has its place in history no doubt, and im sure some of my ancestors would thank the movement.

Im very domestic by nature, i have my own business that is a domestic related service that is successful. I have found my niche in this world. I dont have to walk around with a particular strut because im superior because i own a vagina.

I like taking care of my man, i like how he takes care of me. There are still pretty traditional people out there who truly enjoy their roles. I know its blasphemous to say so because true feminists would like you to never stay at home with your kids, put a career ahead of family and OMG never get married and some of them even consider sex with a man to always be a form of abuse. Some consider being pregnant as a form of bondage.

I am very thankful for birth control, but i wont be burning my bras anytime soon.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
not all was...but some was.
the difference is that now there's legal protection.
the point here is that she has a choice. she consents BUT she has a legal right not to consent.
imagine that kink exerted in a non-consensual relationship and it's not such a pretty picture.
except for the right to vote, equal pay, legal protection, the right to see your children should you divorce, an equal right to the property, the right to choose your wonderful husband instead of your father choosing for you, the freedom to dress as you choose, the right not to be locked in a mental hospital for being raped, access to contraception, the chance to try sex before marriage, etc.
that is NOT feminism. that's just those big mouthed feminazis. they do more to damage the cause than any man could ever do.
...this is like damning all muslims because a few extremists have given islam a bad name, or damning all christians because of the 'god hates fags' loonies.

the REAL feminists are trying to rid us of the last inequalities in employment, are trying to provide good role models to girls so that they realise they can be anything they want, are supporting the men who want to be stay at home dads so that couples aren't forced into set roles, are fighting to get those pitifully low conviction rates for sex crimes up...and are just getting on with their lives, being who and what they want to be and refusing to be shackled by gender.
that makes you a feminist in denial :tongue:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Once again, I think Dolfette has the right idea...

I used to be against stay at home moms myself! Now the thing is, and I think the group of feminists who are against that, are those who had the "A woman's place is in the home" stuff shoved down their throat and they are NOT domestic! Like me... I have no domestic tendencies whatsoever. I grew up wishing I was a boy so I could do all the fun stuff as a kid and wouldn't have to grow up to be stuck in domestic prison! So for me that was very real, and so I understand that group of feminists although now I've come to be a more of a "live and let live" person, if you choose to be a stay at home mom (or dad) that's ok as long as you don't tell ME that I have to be domestic!

Also... I was trying to think of what to say about what ConsentualSlave (I remember her as HollyBlue...) said and again Dolfette nailed it! If you are forced into that role and do NOT choose it, that's not good at all! If you do choose it.. live and let live. It's not a lifestyle I would choose but that's just me.

And I can't help but think that even the more radical and angry "sex is rape" types may have come to be that way because of being sexually abused in their past, and maybe they really have had terrible experiences with men in their childhoods, etc. So I'm inclined to be understanding about that too but at the same time I don't want someone saying that I'm a traitor for enjoying sex with men. I paid the price too many years of not being allowed, or at the very least being heavily discouraged, from EVERY ONE of my interests (the non-sexual ones that is) because I happened to be female. The traditional female role simply does not suit me. Never has.

emo_boydildo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
there are different types of feminism. there is radical feminism but the everyday term is used incorrectly.
the word feminism in everyday use is simply the belief that women are equal to men. therefore i proclaim my feminism! girl power!

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
palin's town charged women for the cost of having a rape kit done.
their insurance companies were sent a bill for having a police doctor take evidence swabs.

nobody who had been burgled was charged for fingerprint powder.
nobody who had been mugged was billed for the time spent gathering evidence.
but a woman who has just suffered serious sexual violence should quit being a burdon on the police purse.

that wasn't 100 years ago. that was recent.

how the fuck can anyone in their right mind read that and think feminism has no role in modern society?

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
it bears repeating that extremes of many "isms" including feminism are not a good thing!

but i'm all about girl power and the right to make our own choices.

Zayne

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Feminism brought equality for women, but along with women joining the workforce, seemed to come the loss of femininity. Women now focus their efforts on getting ahead and have less time and inclination to preen as much as they did in the old days. It's an unfortunate truth that in male-dominated societies, such as China, where traditional families are still the majority, women take pleasure in staying slim and dressing fashionably, as well as distinguishing themselves from males by acting less coarse, in general.

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Feminism has evolved to mean self important, arrogant women who constantly put down men. Obviously that's not how it started and it can still do great things, but you get the idea.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
OH and i would like to add that i hate phrases like "All women are beautiful"

Have you seen some of them? Some of them are mean, rude, hateful and jealous people and not all women are created equal inside and out. That's like not all that special to get told all women are beautiful. It's like giving every track and field player a ribbon for participating.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OH and i would like to add that i hate phrases like "All women are beautiful"

Have you seen some of them? Some of them are mean, rude, hateful and jealous people and not all women are created equal inside and out. That's like not all that special to get told all women are beautiful. It's like giving every track and field player a ribbon for participating.
true.

some women are munters and some women are thick.
you can be a woman and be an evil waste of space.

having a womb does not make you special.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes i did thanks, which is why i thought id make my own little comment and not feel the need to extend upon what has already been covered, which is pretty much everything
so, how do you feel about rape conviction rates being around 6%?
and how do you feel about women in the uk earning around 23% less than men /hour on average?
and how would you feel if your daughter was discouraged from following her dreams because they didn't fit the traditional gender roles?