Why is feminism such a bad word?

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
But not all "isms" are bad.

What about idealism, functionalism, minimalism, gnosticism, holism, experientialism and aestheticism?

I don't think feminism is a bad word. Or I personally don't see it that way. I've always been interested in gender roles, sexism, feminism, sexuality and power.

The word is about pigeonholing. You have the semantics at hand. You can condemn it or praise it. This is the era where its considered an ironic victory to be smug and say "feminazis" and be a cute ring wing blowhard.

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was simply explaining to her why people would assume something about the way she looks. I get overt lesbian attention only when i have insanely short hair. I dont complain about it, i understand why i suddenly look appealing to some people and maybe not so appealing to others when i have something different going on.

Well in my opinion 99% of women look better with longer hair, short hair doesn't really complement most women.

You look good so don't take that the wrong way, but I just love long hair on women.

Last edited:

Dooky

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Thank you! NO lesbian connotation detected ;)

You do look amazingly sexy with short hair :wink:
no lesbian connotations attached

is this the long version of the "no-homo" meme goin around these days?? lol.

Anyways, It seems like nowadays being a white male is looked upon as the worst because they were racist in the past. theres scholarships given out to every single race, nationality, and to women but white men? we dont need help right! Seriously, it makes me mad that our forefathers were the way they were. Now, I get to be stereotyped and have people be racist and sexist towards me. This whole world has just flipped upside down.

Also, this has been answered before but feminist is a bad word because its basically turned into the female version of a cheauvonist (spelling i know).

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
is this the long version of the "no-homo" meme goin around these days?? lol.

Anyways, It seems like nowadays being a white male is looked upon as the worst because they were racist in the past. theres scholarships given out to every single race, nationality, and to women but white men? we dont need help right! Seriously, it makes me mad that our forefathers were the way they were. Now, I get to be stereotyped and have people be racist and sexist towards me. This whole world has just flipped upside down.

Also, this has been answered before but feminist is a bad word because its basically turned into the female version of a cheauvonist (spelling i know).
i don't agree with the whole scholarships for minorities thing.
but it's not about punishment for the past.
it's because most of those who hold the power are still white and male.
the best jobs are most likely to be given to someone white and male.

still, i don't think we should try to fix that by adding more discrimination.

D

deleted356736

My country has not attempted to counter past discrimination with reverse discrimination, which is to our benefit. We have legislated equal opportunity and that's as far as we have gone. To some extent it has worked in that women and other minorities can and do pursue careers to the top echelons. To some extent it hasn't worked as women and other minorities are very under-represented at the top.

Feminism made a few mistakes, the biggest being to assume that women and men are the same and could be treated homogenously. This is clearly not correct, as we have unique masculine and feminine traits. To a degree we still haven't resolved this one, and I feel that we now discriminate against young men in many ways these days. We discriminated because their innate masculine ways do not fit into the more feminine society that we now have.

Other societies had less discrimination on women in the past compared to the West, which was burdened by Christian doctrine. These societies have had less of a struggle moving to equality, and didn't need radical feminists or a feminine-structured society to get there.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
and I feel that we now discriminate against young men in many ways these days. We discriminated because their innate masculine ways do not fit into the more feminine society that we now have.
some chimp societies expel the 'teenage' males from the group and only take them back once the hormones settle and they can live like civilised chimps.
they hang out in gangs, acting like teenage males act, away from the families.

it's not easy being a boy.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I prefer people who challenge accepted stereotypes.

YouTube - nothing compares

Clearly conservatives like MR will not.

i definitely love having short hair over long hair. I've done the long hair thing, in fact i cut it all off right before finding lpsg. I blended in so much with everyone else it was unreal.

My short hair is a part of my persona, and for guys who like long hair better, i understand 99% of women couldnt wear my hair cut, which says even more about how great it looks on me compared to how it would make most women look.

I've shaved it all off, met my husband like that. So i seem to have no problems catching the eye of attractive men, maybe even more so, with very short hair. ;)

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
some chimp societies expel the 'teenage' males from the group and only take them back once the hormones settle and they can live like civilised chimps.
they hang out in gangs, acting like teenage males act, away from the families.

it's not easy being a boy.

Heh, that's true but I think I'd still prefer it over being female in terms of the issues to deal with. Or a gay man, that's probably hard as well.

Women will run society one day, they already outnumber us men and have come along way from being relegated to kitchens decades ago.

Perhaps then we won't endure wars and genocide, but I'm sure that will continue.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure