Why is it called red hair when it is clearly orange?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't know... My cousin has red hair, but she rather call it venezian blond...
Does it look like this? Cause in the USA this is strawberry blond.

Some people have red hair not orange. My sisters hair was red not orange. Then again, she is the daughter of the devil.
That makes sense, since I heard your last bf called you satan's spawn. :tongue: Or did he say you fucked him like the devil? :wink:

Just don't call it "strawberry blond." That's what my mom calls my hair and I throw up a bit in my mouth every time I hear it.
Why? I dated a guy that had strawberry blond hair, he had a big dick and was a good lay. :smile:

Why is it called red hair when it is clearly orange?
I've always been polite and just gone along with nodding and agreeing when clearly orange hair is labeled red.
I've noticed that as well. I too, nod politely.

ruggero

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
we had words for red, before we eventually corrupted the Moorish word that eventually became Orange, so we with a more limited vocabulary would have described it as red.
English has grown by absorbing words that describe something we hadn't thought of colours for instance taken from fruit and stones: Amethyst, Garnet (after Pomegranate) Amber, Turquoise (the colour after the Turkih stone as it came through Turkey from Persia etc,. etc. Each new invasion added a new layer to the language, Saxons had farming names for animals (sheep) the Normans being higher up spoke of cooked meats mouton (mutton.)............
I'd rather call it fiery or red as it's much more "powerful" than mere orange. (that coming from someone who REALLY likes red pubes, and sometimes red hair is really red)

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Strawberry blonde is an acceptable name for a fruit-flavored lager. Google the brand "Pete's Wicked" and you should see it there. That said, one of my colleagues has firey-red natural hair and it freaked out the nurses when her mother gave birth to her. Said that they tried washing the blood out off her head to no avail.

That said, I want to know how much they pay people to create names for all colors that are out there, especially for hair.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

Not to change the subject,but ever get pasta sauce thats orange? what the hell is that?