Why is it culturally ok to make fun of small penises?

fluffychocolate

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I challenge your original premise - show me proof that it is, in fact, "culturally ok" to make fun of (actually, a form of bullying) anyone for anything.

Oh my gosh, really? I remember dancing to this song back in my clubbing days. When it was played on the radio the verse was "Don't want no short short man." But in the club, the song was uncensored.

LilJock

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
@Doranq Great posts, very well thought out. May take a second read to fully grasp all you said.

The viewpoints expressed so far fall mainly into two categories: (1) Why is it thought to be okay to dis small penises? (or more broadly, is it okay?), and (2) aspects relating to the article that prompted the question and the politics involved.

I'll skip the 2nd for now. It's been discussed already. It tends to devolve into a political debate and does not really address the question of ridiculing small penises. As far as I know, I don't think either party has taken a stand on penis size, although it was briefly brought up during the Republican primaries by Messieurs Trump and Rubio via the proxy issue of tiny hands. So far there has been no similar outcry over the possible harm this might bring to people so manually afflicted. And, although it's no excuse for the imagery, no one's really suggesting that the intent of the perpetrator of the prank was to ridicule small penises, but, rather, a political candidate.

I'll also skip the second part of (1): Is ridiculing small penises okay? and weigh in on the first part, why is it perceived to be okay?

And for that, I have no easy answer. There's much to be said about the suggestion that it's been left unchallenged, that small-cocked guys are in an awkward place to defend themselves or others. As a guy who's hung like a chipmunk myself, I've not really been subject to that much of this type of assault, and also face the dilemma of confronting the issue. To do so is, like the closeted gay, to "out" myself as being in the penially challenged crowd. (Er. . . not to suggest closeted gays are penially challenged.) It's difficult to come up with a slogan for the small penis protest march which wouldn't lead to further ridicule. And how many un-penially challenged men would march with them. "So you've got a small todger too, Jim?" [Snicker]

There's probably something to the suggestion that it gives those outside the subject group an opportunity to puff themselves up and improve their image among others. An age-old tactic: Build yourself up by tearing others down.

When the humor is directed at a particular individual, it's obviously a great way to strike a blow (below the belt) against someone, one not easy to respond to. As a penially challenged man, I can attest that there'd be no easy comeback to this. To respond about one's success with women doesn't really cut the mustard. Most anything you say just digs the hole deeper. Your best bet would be to join in the laughter, as if it doesn't matter.

Why do people not frown on this like they do on other cruel types of statements? Perhaps just because it's disguised as humor. Cruel things said by Joan Rivers and Don Rickles about others go unchallenged because it's considered humor. Did Liz Taylor really think it was funny to have her weight problems continually lampooned on television by Joan Rivers? In real life, women may laugh it off but I'm sure it hurts inside. Polish or Italian or Jewish or black or blonde jokes have all been "acceptable" at one time or another. Or not. Even the mentally disabled have been fair game. ("Why did the moron. . . ?") In these cases, the excuse may be that "obviously" no ill intent was meant towards the targeted groups. Do people really think that Polish are really dumb? Of course it may not be so innocent as that all the time. A few of those groups have been considered by the ignorant to be so. And the intent of the jokes were not always benign. But the smaller-endowed don't seem to be the object of hate groups, but more simply of plain old cruel and sometimes thoughtless humor.

I think the simplest answer is probably the one advanced here a few times. Many do consciously or subconsciously consider smaller-hung men to be less "manly" by virtue of the size of their penis and therefore open to ridicule. We associate "manliness" with big penis, and lack of manliness with just the opposite.

A mind test along these lines: How often have you heard a story that goes something like this? "I saw this big, muscular football-player type guy in the showers. Real macho type guy. . . but he had a real tiny penis." What's the subtext? The key is the word "but". Everything preceding the word "but" is the classic depiction of masculinity ("big", "muscular", "football", "macho"). The "but" signals what follows is just the opposite, i.e., not masculine: "tiny penis". Hence, smh;; penis is not masculine, or, if you will, feminine.

In our society "un-msculine" men are deemed funny, an oxymoron. (How often have we seen effeminate gays the subject of humor, also?)

As the target of public humor in movies and on television, certain groups or types of people are often dehumanized. We don't consider how this may hurt them. We don't empathize with them. Or, even to the extent that they're seen as individuals, as somehow worthy of being the butt of jokes. "They deserve it." We probably wouldn't tell these jokes in front of a person we know has a small cock, unless he somehow indicated his acceptance of the humor, or there was animus involved.

So I guess I'll finish with the conclusion that the reason why society finds it okay to make fun of guys with small cocks is because we somehow find smaller-hung guys as not being felly masculine and therefore somehow inherently funny.

Reactions: alcor972

circedbychoice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, I don't think it is an imperfection. I am just saying that really there is no other "imperfection" as defined by the popular culture that is so universally accepted as a put down. It is even inappropriate to make "fat" jokes, which I agree with, even though weight is something one can control.
Weight cannot always be controlled if there is a glandular problem.

Reactions: Crimsonlurker

circedbychoice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Because small dicks are bad. They are inherently misogynistic, homophobic and the root cause of racism.

Without small dicks this world would be a paradise, and everyone knows it. That's why it's OK to mock small cocks.

They've taken so much from us and damaged or ended so many lives that the least they deserve is to be mocked.
Wallyj84 explain how a small penis is the root cause of racism?

I can confirm what he is saying! As a registered therapist! You learn about different things, like contraindications, medical issues, anatomy and physiology etc! There is an issue which even for people who don't eat a lot that increases weight! However good exercising and diet can help! But when people get depressed about their weight, it can be bad because it makes them just eat their way out of this, and it becomes a viscous circle!

I really think people should be more understanding not all of us can have perfect bodies, etc! & people who just make people feel worse about them selves proves my point! About, how nasty people can be, and about being unsympathetic to the needs of others! Not all of are nice people who care for our fellow men, it also proves my point about artificial people who are self obsessed and thin they are all that and a bag of chips!

You may have a great body or a huge cock, but if you don't have a good kind personality, your nothing! but a Piece of meat! Sort of!

The worst thing I ever heard was "I only went out with you for a pound bet ad to split you and john up" that was horrific to hear, resonated right through me, and althing it was on a program, I know that people like that really exist and that is horrific!

I do have a warning though! "what you sow, you will reap, reap ten times over, and when your on your own, you will understand why"!

At.your.cervix

Superior Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's not OK. Just like it's not OK to make fun of any other aspect of somebody's body. Doing so only shows a lack of one's capacity for empathy; and a culture which doesn't value and cultivate empathy is one which is unraveling right before your eyes.

Trott.lint

Cherished Member
Media
@fournineteenfiftynine Very pleasing that the vast majority of posts in this thread - on a forum catering to guys with large dicks - veer towards the attitude that small dick ridicule isn't acceptable, culturally or otherwise. If that sentiment one day permeates the wider population, there's hope for us after all.

LilJock

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
@fournineteenfiftynine Very pleasing that the vast majority of posts in this thread - on a forum catering to guys with large dicks - veer towards the attitude that small dick ridicule isn't acceptable, culturally or otherwise. If that sentiment one day permeates the wider population, there's hope for us after all.
It's been my experience that guys with the biggest cocks tend to be the most considerate in this respect. It's usually the insecure who traffic in this.

The least considerate? Probably gays. I've often heard size jokes bantered about among my gay friends. Once went with two gay friends to a gay night club. Imagine La Cage au Faux. The main attraction was a "drag queen" comedian, all eye lashes and boas. Half her jokes were size oriented. She'd make Mae West blush. She had two "hunky", bare-chested guys with whom she interacted. After one she'd been vamping turned back upstage, she gave a bawdy look, pursed her lips and made the pinky wiggle, the universal sign of a small cock. The audience roared.

Runner up might be certain types of women who seem to relish emasculating men. On second thought, maybe they're less considerate. Their intent is more vicious.

Reactions: Trott.lint

Trott.lint

Cherished Member
Media
@LilJock I couldn't have said it better. Why did I, a guy with size complex issues, end up on a site meant for guys with large penises? Largely because I've discovered, through my groups of friends and others through life, that they are the most relaxed and least malicious.

And so it's turned out. I've had far more support on this site than anywhere else in life. I don't want my cock humiliated - it's always been excruciatingly embarrassing for me to be noticed because of it - so SPH groups are out.

Many women tend to be sympathetic on the surface, or when they think they may be misjudged as big-cock sluts, but I've heard far too much in life, and far too much through my girlfriends, to have any doubt about their real thoughts when out with their friends (and I'm certainly not saying this about all women, as I know that's not the case). Gay friends and friends with average cocks, though, well - they've been the worst. I don't know why that is but I'm calling it as I've seen and experienced it.

Ultimately a straight or bi guy wants some pride in himself and to have some mystery surrounding the size of his cock, as it is a potent symbol of virility and masculinity in popular culture. If his male friends rib him about it, it's bad enough. But when women know you've got a small cock - and I've had the experience, owing to guys talking after sports team showers etc - it really stings, and tests the limits of your self-confidence. Sometimes a woman can destroy a man's confidence with a sly smile and the wriggle of her pinkie finger, that's all it takes. Sometimes I don't think they even know they have that ability.

Reactions: LilJock

circedbychoice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's not OK. Just like it's not OK to make fun of any other aspect of somebody's body. Doing so only shows a lack of one's capacity for empathy; and a culture which doesn't value and cultivate empathy is one which is unraveling right before your eyes.
I agree with At.your.cervix it's not ok to make fun of a person who has a small penis. Just as it's not to make fun of anyone with a handicap. That person with a small penis had no control over the size of his penis. Just as a person with a big penis had no control of how big his penis would grow. He didn't will it to be that big. He just got lucky, that's all.

Reactions: Trott.lint
D

deleted936015

Whys this fuckwit still photo spamming every thread...
Would appear hes been blocked by most...

Reactions: coorsguy64

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Thank you. And fat shaming is much more prevalent and accepted than small penis jokes. Has been throughout the span of humanity. It even gets justified by many as something people can fix even when it's much more complicated.

With that said, i think i'll leave the thread now. It seems men with small ones have many more issues than i can help with.

Reactions: LaFemme

Thank you. And fat shaming is much more prevalent and accepted than small penis jokes. Has been throughout the span of humanity. It even gets justified by many as something people can fix even when it's much more complicated.

With that said, i think i'll leave the thread now. It seems men with small ones have many more issues than i can help with.

Chubby ladz are quite cute actually! In some cultures women prefer men to be fat, life is very complicated and people love different people, for different reasons and people shouldn't be so insecure about themselves!

coorsguy64

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Just add him to the ignore list. He's one of the I-dun-taken-a-footlong-in-my-ass trolls and links pictures of his ass and cock on every fucking post he makes. He's either deliberately trolling, an incredibly odd person or suffering some sort of mental disorder.

Loads of people add pix mate!! It's about time you realised that this site is about that sort of thing! You should upload some and get involved! You night find the site more enjoyable and people might realise more about you!

I know that a lot of faceless profiles seem to be negative, prove to me your not one of those!

You know if your down, or need a friend, I'm here if you want to talk!

Trott.lint

Cherished Member
Media
@Damian Xavia Your contributions haven't been trolling, as far as I can tell, but it's understandable that people participating in an online debate are a little taken aback by your pics, even despite the fact that this site is primarily penis-focused. Good that you've posted face pics etc, that makes you a braver man than me and lends you more credibility than many others online, but there's such a thing as the appropriate time and place, and this particular thread isn't the place for dick pics as it sort of undermines the points we're addressing.

Take that in the spirit in which its given.

fournineteenfiftynine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I'm sorry you are leaving, but your comments seem to confirm that 1. you still don't seem to get the point of the thread (by not understanding that all shaming is bad including small penis shaming although main stream culture seems to support it whereas fat shaming would not be tolerated by MSNBC for example) and 2. you are actually continuing the myth that "small men have many more issues" than others which is the at the core of the butt of the jokes. I have not seen anyone here "with issues" but rather just people explaining the phenomena and offering theories (and in some cases very thoughtful theories).

fournineteenfiftynine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And more thing, Crimson, yes I agree that there are way more fat jokes than small penis jokes. But that wasn't the point of this thread. Main stream culture frowns on fat jokes and people would likely be fired from reporters jobs if they made fat jokes. Penis jokes seem to be ok in that venue.

lttle1

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's been my experience that guys with the biggest cocks tend to be the most considerate in this respect. It's usually the insecure who traffic in this.

As a short man (5' 7", or 170 cm) I've noticed something similar with very tall men, about 6' 4" and over. They are less likely to tease me about my height than the average and slightly above average height guys, from about 5' 10" to 6' 2". They are more likely to want to lord it over a short man.