Why is it culturally ok to make fun of small penises?

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sorry you are leaving, but your comments seem to confirm that 1. you still don't seem to get the point of the thread (by not understanding that all shaming is bad including small penis shaming although main stream culture seems to support it whereas fat shaming would not be tolerated by MSNBC for example) and 2. you are actually continuing the myth that "small men have many more issues" than others which is the at the core of the butt of the jokes. I have not seen anyone here "with issues" but rather just people explaining the phenomena and offering theories (and in some cases very thoughtful theories).

Yeah you saying all you've said in and of itself proves exactly what i've been saying as well as my reasoning for leaving and thinking that men with small dicks do have more issues. How and why?

Oh well because i've repeatedly said that none of it is ok. Yet you and another poster keep ignoring what i've said in favor of making me out to be some sort of small penis hater. Not only did i reply to the point of the thread. Knowing full well what it was about but i agree that weight issues aren't the same. Once again, unless you're the type of guy who presents your penis to people at first sight it isn't the first thing people see. When it comes to weight a person can't hide it no matter what they do. And considering that people are more likely to make fun of people they think are overweight it logically means weight is far an above worse than having a small penis.

The only reason i've said about as much is because a poster attempted to imply that having a small penis is somehow worse than both/either or being over weight and/or jokes about large vaginas. He also tried to imply that it was somehow taboo to talk about women's vagina's in that way. To which i personally know isn't true because exactly that has happened with a thread i created and people have yet to wave their finger towards it.

Not to mention the fact that of all the people to defend. You personally defended a guy who literally talked about killing innocent people, made fun of a disabled person, attacked the honor of a war veteran simply because he was muslim, wants soldiers not to get captured in moments of war which would be wanting them to die given the circumstances and is generally a dick to women, other races, etc. Sure, making fun of him over penis size is wrong and i've said about as much but him...no he gets whatever he gets. Period.

Why do i say what i say about small dicked men having issues? Well for one you and another poster keep trying to put words in my mouth as if i'm somehow for small dick jokes. In an effort to keep me from stating how women get it not only about their vaginas but about their weight too. Not only that but they get it worse. Now this isn't to say guys with small dicks should shut up. This is to point out that maybe if more men bucked the overall anti-pc bullshit thats out there then maybe people would be more sympathetic to their plight. Maybe more people could come close to understanding how fucked up making fun of men with small dicks is.

My real theory. The one i hesitated to outright say...i'll say now. Men with small dicks are afraid to stand up against other men in general when it comes to both anti-pc culture AND masculinity in general. Not all mind you but from what i've seen most men would rather not have to go up against some but would gladly go up against others...such as feminism, "pc culture" and in general anyone who actually desires more respectfulness between people.

Donald trump is an example. The guy has been making fun of all kinds of people so far but it isn't until a statue of him with a small penis gets made do some take notice. When i said issues. I mean that people will only comment when they think it's in their best interests. When donald trump was making fun of all those other people many of you were silent but now you want people to be outraged. No.

So no, i get the point of the thread. And i do feel for guys with small dicks but there is no way in hell that allows people to get away with dis missing other people and what happens to them. If anything trying to dismiss others means you should be dismissed. Which just si happens to be a consequence of not going up against anti-pc culture. And thats exactly what i said in my very first post.

Long story short. If you aren't willing to stand up for your neighbor, they won't be willing to stand up for you.

Trott.lint

Cherished Member
Media
@Crimsonlurker Come on, nobody is making you out to be a small penis hater, that's the last thing I see you as. At least you've engaged in the debate & provided your POV, and for that I'm grateful, as without it, it would just be all of us small guys huddling together bemoaning our fate.

Yes, there is a certain amount of anger related to having a small dick and putting up with insults that you just have to smile and brush off while seething inside. But I'll tell you something really positive about my experiences in life - the ridicule I've received has changed the way I treat people that others ridicule. I'm a Hillary guy because despite the stuff she's said and done, all I see is a brave woman whose had to put up with the worst chauvinism and mysogyny we've probably ever seen a high profile women endure. I respect her, and I don't really care if that sounds patronising because I don't mean it that way, and I know where my hearts at.

I'll recount one more anecdote before I retire from my own version of War and Peace. A gay friend dated a black guy. Until this friend told me stuff, I'd just assumed non-white folk had had it bad in the past, but hey ho, there's equality now, so come on guys, let go of the rage you feel against the machine.

Except that this black guy lived an unending trial every time he was in public and white police were nearby. He'd sweat and act guilty, even though he was clean as a whistle. He told my gay friend 'It's because you're white, you don't understand what it's like to be in my skin.'

My gay friend told me that story, after the relationship had ended, and said it was a profound moment for him - the moment, however fleeting, that he 'got' what it felt like to be victimised because you're black. He 'got' why his boyfriend preferred to be around likeminded people, because they understood the shit that goes through your head when you're looked at or spoken to in a certain way because of a physical characteristic.

Yes, there are issues aplenty among all of us, you're not wrong there. But at no point do I point the finger & say 'you're a small penis hater because you dare to disagree with me'. Nor have I, or others that I can see, ridiculed fat people or said, in essence, the ridicule pointed at them is ok because at least they don't have a small dick.

Anyway, I guess we've both made our points. I respect yours. I hope you respect mine. Peace out, brother.

fournineteenfiftynine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Crimson, I'm just not sure what you are so angry about. This has been largely a very thoughtful and insightful thread. Please don't go. I'm just not sure what you are so upset about. And I did not defend Trump in any way. He WAS WRONG WRONG WRONG to make fun of people and he deserves severe criticism for it. I wasn't defending Trump at all, I was just saying it is ironic that Joy Reid on MSNBC, who normally defends those less fortunate, probably unintentionally shamed all people with smaller dicks although they didn't do the things that Trump did.

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Face it, we can't laugh about anything anymore without somebody having an issue with it. From my take no-one should be off-limits meaning we shouldn't just pick on guys with little dicks! The world is becoming far too sterile in my opinion :mad:

Reactions: Damian Xavia

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Society accepts insulting men who are "less than" because
A) we are a competitive society.
B) we rate people as valuable based on physical things. One is gender. Society values males over females in general, so
C) equating a smaller penis with being less than a man, suggests that they are more akin to women.

It's isn't acceptable. It should stop.
All humans have worth, even the presidential candidate you don't support.

Humor is how humans deal with those not like them. So, too is fear, which often leads to hate.

I'd rather jokes than violence, but maybe some less painful, mean spirited jokes are in order.

(I used weight as an example. I'm sorry that it was latched onto so firmly that it became a red herring over an illustration. Forest for the trees.)

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Crimson, I'm just not sure what you are so angry about. This has been largely a very thoughtful and insightful thread. Please don't go. I'm just not sure what you are so upset about. And I did not defend Trump in any way. He WAS WRONG WRONG WRONG to make fun of people and he deserves severe criticism for it. I wasn't defending Trump at all, I was just saying it is ironic that Joy Reid on MSNBC, who normally defends those less fortunate, probably unintentionally shamed all people with smaller dicks although they didn't do the things that Trump did.

Not angry. Just slightly annoyed. And i highly doubt that would be considered ironic. I mean if she suddenly did all the things trump has while waving a finger at him then yes sure but the guy has been metaphorically waging war bully wise against damned near everyone. Now i understand what you're saying about the statue and i agree the consequence is that it makes things much much harder on guys with small ones. At the same time though this guy has been making entire groups of people's lives much much harder.

In the thread comparisons were made and some were dismissed as not having to do with the other. To which i agreed. Certain groups of people are made fun of way more than others. It happens to everyone. Everyone gets made fun of for one thing or another. Problem is in the amount people effected by it. Weight and other issues are way more prevalent than small dicks. Once again, this isn't to say men with small dicks should be silent or deal with it. It's that maybe men with small ones shouldn't be dismissive of other people who are made fun of more than they are. I could go down the list but thats where the annoyance came from. The dismissive nature of it. Especially when a little more inspection would reveal that not only is most of it coming from the same groups of people in general but that it comes from the same places.

Men with small dicks get made fun of for the same reasons people with weight problems get made fun of. Just like with race and other things. It's an attempt from the person making the jokes to feel better about themselves by way of leveling another. I mean thats in general but Scarletbegonia hit the nail on the head. Masculinity. It's an attempt at ripping down a man's confidence by way of masculinity. Masculinity, something that doesn't even really exist. Something that was already created specifically to separate fools from their money.

Same thing with weight and the size or depth of a woman's vagina. It's an attempt to shred a person's confidence so they're less likely to succeed within the realm of competition. Masculinity and femininity don't actually exist. Both genders can play those roles out in a heartbeat. Is it the flannel shirt or the lipstick? The beard or the smooth skin? I know i'm going on and on here but really. It's a known tactic of bullies. Want to know another? Isolation. Divide and conquer.

The second a bullies target isolates themselves away from someone else being bullied almost in the same way then that target opens themselves up for even more. Which once again is exactly what i said in my first post. I'm annoyed because you'd think people in general would get this already. Even the mere mention of trump in the same thread made me facepalm so hard i thought i saw god. It's all he does. Turning people who are in similar situations against each other under the ideology of anti-pcness.

It supposes initially that everyone gets it equally which just plain isn't true. I showed the many ways it isn't but don't feel like going through it again. Once again, did it unintentionally shame all people with smaller dicks? Yes and i wish they hadn't done it that way. In the grand scheme of things that statue isn't and never will be the norm. It was one artistic doing a thing compared to how many different fat shaming, large vagina, race, etc comments, cartoons, tv shows and etc and etc? The only reason that artist was able to lower the standards of most people is because donald trump had already done so. If we didn't live in a time where it was generally ok for a presidential candidate to casually make a comment about killing innocent people then the reaction to a statue of that nature would have garnered a much different response.

Once more, i wasn't and am not angry. I'm annoyed at the dismissiveness. That's all. Like i said, it isn't really accepted socially. If more and more artists created statues in that way and there were like tv shows, songs, news specials or if legislation was enacted because or like it then i'd agree that it's happening socially. And is accepted socially. Currently no it isn't. It just seems that way right now. I could go into why i think so but i've written enough already.

D

deleted936015

@Damian Xavia

Its nothing neg, I just have a hard time understanding why you photo bomb threads with pictures, that dont need to be shared for the good of the thread.

@Damian Xavia

Its nothing neg, I just have a hard time understanding why you photo bomb threads with pictures, that dont need to be shared for the good of the thread.

Not everything is about the good of the thread, it is promo of ones on profiles, loads of people do it mate! I understand some of you are a bit shy, but its just about promo and having fun, having a little laugh and making the thread more colourful! I'm not trying to upset anyone and I don't see the harm! I'm not hurting anyone and neither are the others who do it!

Just relax and take it as its meant to be, just a lad being a lad and having a laugh and making it fun and colourful!

It is certainly not culturally ok to make fun of small penises? It's not fun to make fun of anyone for anything! But the fact remains people do! Jokes about Irish people being thick, or farmers fkin sheep, people make fun and jokes about every issue! The people making fun don't realise and particularly with me talking with an accent completely not Irish in any way, take the ripe piss out of my homeland and its peoples, but never have I took an overboard defense against it,vi mean I say, "I'm Irish" and they say "sorry"! But I take it and don't feel hurt or distressed about it, and certainly wouldn't allow anyone to affect me that bad I'd wanna kill me self! I would do on the attack if I thought it affected me that much and find their weakness and rip the piss back! But truthfully people can't know anyone's situation unless they tell them or show them, no one can know about someone having a small penis unless you have allowed yourself to be seen or told someone so, have people deliberately put themselves in a situation where you've opened yourself up to being attacked for your size?

In a perfect world people shouldn't take the piss out of people if the know it is really effecting them!

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
As a short man (5' 7", or 170 cm) I've noticed something similar with very tall men, about 6' 4" and over. They are less likely to tease me about my height than the average and slightly above average height guys, from about 5' 10" to 6' 2". They are more likely to want to lord it over a short man.

Well, the overly tall get teased/silly remarks, too. I can see a sense of camaraderie.

When I first came to England I got called ira bastards which wad extremely against my beliefs, I am Irish and in Ireland we don't have bastards! It's a very big taboo and to call someone a bastard is like a massive insult! It's like calling my mother a whore! Children born out of wedlock in Ireland are by definition 'bastards' in the dictionary, but my mother was married and it wasn't just an insult to me, but also an insult to my mother! So everyone gets it! I mean, I boxed their lights out! But didn't take away what they said!

Yeah you saying all you've said in and of itself proves exactly what i've been saying as well as my reasoning for leaving and thinking that men with small dicks do have more issues. How and why?

Oh well because i've repeatedly said that none of it is ok. Yet you and another poster keep ignoring what i've said in favor of making me out to be some sort of small penis hater. Not only did i reply to the point of the thread. Knowing full well what it was about but i agree that weight issues aren't the same. Once again, unless you're the type of guy who presents your penis to people at first sight it isn't the first thing people see. When it comes to weight a person can't hide it no matter what they do. And considering that people are more likely to make fun of people they think are overweight it logically means weight is far an above worse than having a small penis.

The only reason i've said about as much is because a poster attempted to imply that having a small penis is somehow worse than both/either or being over weight and/or jokes about large vaginas. He also tried to imply that it was somehow taboo to talk about women's vagina's in that way. To which i personally know isn't true because exactly that has happened with a thread i created and people have yet to wave their finger towards it.

Not to mention the fact that of all the people to defend. You personally defended a guy who literally talked about killing innocent people, made fun of a disabled person, attacked the honor of a war veteran simply because he was muslim, wants soldiers not to get captured in moments of war which would be wanting them to die given the circumstances and is generally a dick to women, other races, etc. Sure, making fun of him over penis size is wrong and i've said about as much but him...no he gets whatever he gets. Period.

Why do i say what i say about small dicked men having issues? Well for one you and another poster keep trying to put words in my mouth as if i'm somehow for small dick jokes. In an effort to keep me from stating how women get it not only about their vaginas but about their weight too. Not only that but they get it worse. Now this isn't to say guys with small dicks should shut up. This is to point out that maybe if more men bucked the overall anti-pc bullshit thats out there then maybe people would be more sympathetic to their plight. Maybe more people could come close to understanding how fucked up making fun of men with small dicks is.

My real theory. The one i hesitated to outright say...i'll say now. Men with small dicks are afraid to stand up against other men in general when it comes to both anti-pc culture AND masculinity in general. Not all mind you but from what i've seen most men would rather not have to go up against some but would gladly go up against others...such as feminism, "pc culture" and in general anyone who actually desires more respectfulness between people.

Donald trump is an example. The guy has been making fun of all kinds of people so far but it isn't until a statue of him with a small penis gets made do some take notice. When i said issues. I mean that people will only comment when they think it's in their best interests. When donald trump was making fun of all those other people many of you were silent but now you want people to be outraged. No.

So no, i get the point of the thread. And i do feel for guys with small dicks but there is no way in hell that allows people to get away with dis missing other people and what happens to them. If anything trying to dismiss others means you should be dismissed. Which just si happens to be a consequence of not going up against anti-pc culture. And thats exactly what i said in my very first post.

Long story short. If you aren't willing to stand up for your neighbor, they won't be willing to stand up for you.
I agree! They seem to skip your opinions and advice and just throw an attack against you for being on their side! Don't waste your brain cells babe! X

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree! They seem to skip your opinions and advice and just throw an attack against you for being on their side! Don't waste your brain cells babe! X

Well to be fair i kind of get it. This issue isn't exactly mainstream. I mean people rarely talk about other people's feelings to begin with let alone men's and even further men with small ones. And when it is talked about, it's usually as an insult. So i get the defensiveness and avoidance especially when it's coming from someone without one. Generally speaking i'm guessing it's a defense mechanism. Both psychological and emotional. People get use to pain and it becomes comfortable. They begin to own it like a material thing and anyone not in their group is seen as not possibly being able to understand just how much it sucks. It happens to everybody at one point or another for one reason or another at one point and time or another.

Understanding how someone else feels about something is already difficult. Add on to that understanding that someone else does or can understand (within degrees) and it gets even more complicated. Like playing a dude disguised as a dude playing another dude. Like imagining yourself in the shoes of someone imagining their in someone elses shoes.

I mean i couldn't possibly know 100% what it's like. Never have and never will but i do get a bit of it. I got annoyed yeah but they only reacted with a bit more emotion than is needed with a topic that is understandably emotional. I'm thinking as long as i exit stage left they'll be able to let the issue settle a bit. Since this is like the first time i've seen a thread like this so far. After some of the more exposed parts are talked about and chilled out i'm sure they'll get it.

Meanwhile..see ya. :p

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In my experience men like to joke about everything. They self censor when women are around.

Women use humour to victimise each other more often, it is how they undermine and bully.

For men humour is a great leveller. Most men can laugh at everything for fun.

I'm sure there are other opinions this just happens to be mine.

Trott.lint

Cherished Member
Media
This thread lasted about 6 pages longer than I thought it would.

Without meaning to be rude, I suspect that's because several respondents had something more intellectual, progressive and thought-provoking to contribute than your response on page 1, perhaps?

Reactions: Scarletbegonia

LargeOneFromHell

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to being laughingstock because of my penis when I was around 15 or so. At my size and curved issue. I don't think it's okay to make fun of their manhood. We are in Mars, we have to respect another. Peace