Why is it so hard to find a woman?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by nickthebrick1, Jan 22, 2012.

1. nickthebrick1

nickthebrick1 Active Member

Albums:
    I have been trying for a while now and it isnt all that easy anymore. Im attractive, well hung, and very smart, but it still seems impossible. I have tried everything from trying to get an fwb to a relationship for the past year and nothing seems to work. I have plenty of guys interested in me and im about ready to turn to them even though I am not really gay (just a little curious). I really don't know what todo because im starting to give up.

2. D_Sal_Manilla

D_Sal_Manilla Account Disabled

i understand what you mean...

match.com maybe?

Hope you find someone bro. And dont ever turn because you cant get any from one place.

3. jay4422

jay4422 Member

well it depends if you're just trying to find a girl to just not be single or for sex and if you are trying to find a girl to just settle down with. if ur trying to settle down i would see how that would take time to find

4. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    Never, ever give up!!

Break dating or companion finding into small, manageable things.
    What type of companion are you seeking?
    What places or activities do you like?
    Are those things you would like to have in common?
    Do those things or go to those places or events.

Take your time - it is your companion too.

5. D_ShlongJohnSilver

D_ShlongJohnSilver Account Disabled

When I was in college I transferred to a new place. I didn't know anyone, didn't have a lot of money and wasn't the most outgoing person in classes, so it was difficult for me to meet people, let alone women. So after a weird experience that introduced me to the world of male-male sex, I "turned" to guys. In a way, its addicting. It is literally many multiple times easier to hook up with men than it is women. You can go online, chat with someone for 30-45 minutes, exchange pics, meet up for a drink and be back at their place. No games, no bullshit, nothing. You can go to a bar and talk to someone for 15 minutes and be on your way out the door. Honestly, this is what drew me in the most: the straightforward nature of it.

But there comes a point if you aren't gay or really anything but bi-curious that you realize you aren't actually attracted to men. That's what happened for me. I was more excited about the ease of it all rather than the actual sex. It was fun getting attention, but it was awkward hooking up. It always felt like being an actor. I imagine its what a gay man who is trying to live a straight love life must feel like.

If you're curious, don't be afraid to try things. My experiences helped me figure a lot of stuff out about myself.

As for meeting women, figure out things you enjoy and take them up. Sign up for groups that teach you a skill you want to learn. Figure out your choice of night life and don't be afraid to talk to women. As long as you're polite, the worst thing anyone will do is not be interested and that's just a part of life. You're not going to be appealing to everyone, just as everyone won't be appealing to you.

On a personal note, I've met a lot of great women at coffee shops. You just can't be shy about striking up a conversation!

Good luck!

6. ScorpioSlut

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm not saying by any means that you are picky or anything of the same strain you might take from what follows. But, perhaps you are boxing yourself in and only going after one ideal type of girl. If you reflect on your past experiences and that is the case try looking at women you wouldn't normally consider. You might just be surprised. That's how I found the best relationship of my life.

7. closetfreak

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    women can smell desperation a mile away. What works for me: stop caring. I could care less if I meet someone when I go out. I just focus on having a good time and being the best person I can be. If I see a woman that I want to talk to, ill go and strike up a conversation. If it doesn't work out, at least I tried. If shes an asshole, well she's still an asshole and I'm going to move on.

8. nickthebrick1

Albums:

Im honestly looking for anything.

9. nickthebrick1

Albums:
    I am glad to have so many different backgrounds for opinions on this topic. I think I am getting a lot of great help. :)

10. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

That's what the Radical Feminists want you to believe. Women are not hard to find.

11. B_Over_Endowed_EMT

B_Over_Endowed_EMT New Member

Just "looking for anything" is desperation. Chances are with the women you do encounter you are a bit too agressive or maybe maybe move too fast. I would recommend staying away from a "friends with benefits" situation, at least for trying to move to a relationship. They generally dont work out. You also need to learn how to be ok with being single as well, which it sounds like you havent.

Ask female friends (ones you have no sexual or romantic interest in) how you appear to them. How you act, behave around new females, your general disposition. They can tell you a lot and help you fix any flaws in your approach. Getting out there is also important but be careful about where you go to meet women. Bars/clubs/ect are not the best place to find a girlfriend. Thats more about a fun time and a hook up. Believe it or not sporting events are. Local ones are best. And I dont mean like little league. If there is a adult sports team (softball, football, whatever) join the team or at least go to games. Youll expand your social circle immensely and increase your chances for meeting a woman.

One other important thing. Dont lower or change your standards. Settling for someone will always make you wonder "what if". Its fine to broaden your horizons but always keep your eyes on what you want.

Draft saved Draft deleted