Why is lipsyncing "cool"??

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
YouTube - Holding Out For A Hero by WonderRobbie

I mean, youtube is FULL of people standing there, lipsyncing to songs. Big accomplishment.:mad:

It just seems like such a fucking waste of space. I prefer it when they can actually sing it, or they do some sort of dancing. At least that takes talent.

Fuckin' Britney spears and Milli Vanili.. they started this nonsense.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Its a pathetic grasp for some hint of Popstar fame...albeit on Youtube.

Its more of a mystery to me why anyone watches such crap

So stop watching it...thats my suggestion!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well if truth be known...most all Music Videos are lipsync'd...but I think It is better when you lip sync your own video to the song that you actually recorded.
(Gosh Jeff how did you happen to come up with this little gem?)

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree that lipsynching videos on Youtube are annoying. I make an exception, though, when it is done so well that it is more like a kind of acting than lipsynching. Even in lipsynching, comedic talent can prevail.

My favorite is the hysterical and ever popular Brookers. I have been a Brookers fan for years. To wit:

Cell Block Tango
United States of Whatever

Hey,what can I say? I am easily amused, I guess.

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I blame Andy Warhol and his, ''Everyone will be famous for 15 minutes.''

And now with you tube you are more or less guarantee your 15 if you desire it and own a cam recorder.

BoyCordoba

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well, you may not like the lipsyncing part, but you have to agree that WonderRobbie is hylarious. I've watched many of his videos starting with the link you provided and he is funny. All the "acting" beyond the lipsyncing is what makes it funny to see.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Well, you may not like the lipsyncing part, but you have to agree that WonderRobbie is hylarious. I've watched many of his videos starting with the link you provided and he is funny. All the "acting" beyond the lipsyncing is what makes it funny to see.
Damn, I didn't think I'd give the guy free publicity.:wink:

Personally, it just bothers me that people get all this celebrity for lip syncing to songs.. and not even doing it well...

However, if you enjoyed it... then, maybe you could give me a bit more explaination of why it's good, so that I could understand?

BoyCordoba

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well, there's a HUGE difference between one kind of lipsyncing and the other. The first one (WonderRobbie) makes an act (in his other videos you can see he performs in gay clubs) while the second one (Korean guy) is just trying to sing whatever he undertands since he doesn't speak English.

I find WonderRobbie funny because of his ohter videos and not the one lipsincyng to "Holding Out For A Heroe". Anyone can make a stupid video lipsyncing in their bedroom, but this guy makes a show out of it, dressing up and dancing. That's just me and what I found interesting about this guy specifically. I generally don't like lipsyncing videos either.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I dont think lip synching to other peoples songs is any kind of talent. Ive always hated those Gay club acts that do it. Gay clubs need to wake up & stop trying to pass third rate acts off as great entertainment. Theyre not great, theyre talentless.

Most Drag acts are talentless too while Im ranting...