Why is my IE crashing?

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just tried for the fourth time in a week to access tagged.com but it causes my IE to crash....it has happened on a couple of other sites too.
It is rarely a problem as it does not affect any of the sites i visit most but why just a few....i want a tagged account tho so its annoying...any ideas?

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
I just tried for the fourth time in a week to access tagged.com but it causes my IE to crash....it has happened on a couple of other sites too.
It is rarely a problem as it does not affect any of the sites i visit most but why just a few....i want a tagged account tho so its annoying...any ideas?

Internet EXPLODER 8 returns "Sorry, we can't find http://www.tagged.com"

No problem accessing tagged.com using FireFox, Google Chrome or even with Safari.

Sounds to me like they fucked up the DNS settings. It is always something with EXPLODER so I seldom use it. Dump the piece of .. .. .!

So, what's the dif between tagged.com and say, Facebook?

TopDudeFtl

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Simply put; Internet Explorer is crashing because you are using Internet Explorer.

Use Mozilla's Firefox. Much more stable & secure!

StaffnRod

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't know exactly- but what vers. of IE is installed ?
Can check from an Open page > Help > About (+ updates ??)
If you are running WinXp, suggest using IE vers.7,
as I had too many similar problems as yours running IE6.
( IE7 pulled up tagged.com OK)
Beyond that you may have to tweak those Security & Privacy
settings over in Contol Panel> Internet Options.
.. hope it helps

Last edited:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What a strange statement. I only use internet explorer if I have firefox open with several tabs and need to reference something quickly I'll open IE to find what I need and then close it. I read several articles about IE8 and many included how to revert back since this is widely talked about I would assume there are issues with IE8.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If your browser is only crashing on a few sites it is blocking the site because of spyware or a virus on the site. I just visited tagged.com and my browser blocked 15 tracking cookies (spyware) from that site. That's 15 different sites that are now watching every move you make on the internet. I have my security settings set from medium to high. If i visit a site and my browser crashes (which is very rare) i stay away from the site. Run a good program like Spybot (spyware) or Malwarebytes (malware). They are very good and free.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I made the switch to firefox about 2 years ago. I only use IE for webcam chat on lpsg and referencing when I'm already using FF. I would probably guess spyware too as the reason for crashing.

Have you tried to re-install it?

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My IE is crashing also. While going down my list of daily blogs it will all of sudden crash. A small window pops up and says INTERNET EXPLORE cannot open the INTERNET site http:// [see pic,] after closing the small window the main one changes and go to IE's Diagnose page[see pic.]. If you run the Diagnose page it comes back unable to find any problem and then sends you back to your original window, where it crashes again. LOL
Oh and I too am running IE8 and vista, any ideas?

Attachments

Last edited:

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
My IE is crashing also. While going down my list of daily blogs it will all of sudden crash. A small window pops up and says INTERNET EXPLORE cannot open the INTERNET site http:// [see pic,] after closing the small window the main one changes and go to IE's Diagnose page[see pic.]. If you run the Diagnose page it comes back unable to find any problem and then sends you back to your original window, where it crashes again. LOL
Oh and I too am running IE8 and vista, any ideas?

VISTA is a known pain in the ass as is Internet Exploder.