Why is the average penis around 6" long?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by pirc, May 3, 2007.

1. pirc

pirc New Member

Any comments? Why not 3"? Or 8"

2. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

3. sykray

sykray Active Member

What an interesting question. Although the average is not 6 inches but more like 5.3. An excellent reply, too.

Just think of all the boys and men who are concerned how they measure up when they only really need an inch or two of erection.

4. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Well they had to draw the line someplace.

5. ddazndd

ddazndd New Member

Why is the average penis around 6" long?
    Becuase it is proven/shown through varies surveys.

Why is the average penis around 6'' long?
    Becuase it is God's way of drawing the line between big and not big.

6. anon265

anon265 Member

Because that is what natural selection has shaken out to be the optimum average length, given the circumstances.

Because the vagina tends to be only a certain depth. Any deeper... menstrual discharge might accumulate and result in infection. Any shallower, perhaps the fetus may be in danger of outside damage ... germs, twigs, insects, etc.

Since the vagina tends to be an average depth, the average penis should be of an average length such that there is a maximum probability of sperm landing in the region of the cervix. The genes of males having this average length would tend to be reinforced, whereas the genes of much longer or shorter males would not.

Also with greater length comes greater tissue mass ... more bloodflow .. more energy the body has to expend keeping that tissue healthy, germ-free, etc. In our primordial days, food and energy was a scarce resource .. every calorie counted. It needs to be just big enough .. but not TOO big.

In short, evolution optimized us to be exactly ... PRECISELY ... what we tend to be.

At least that's my opinion...

7. elitewolverine

elitewolverine New Member

Albums:
    and to be honest even though being big has its plus', i think in the end i would trade my penis in for either a huge elephant dick that would never get more than the tip or head in (although that has happened once or twice to me but nonetheless) or just a slighlty above average say 6.5 or so neatly thick about 4.5 etc, the cock that is just right, not to big and omg what is that look but more so of the line of mmm he is kinda big look...

being big is not always being the best, then again there is a exceptions to every rule/thought/opinion

8. LemacST

Gold Member

sounds kind of like mine :cool: I hope I don't come off as "cocky" by saying that (excuse the terrible, overused pun)

9. pirc

pirc New Member

Ditto to this, and to the linked article above. This is clearly true, that selection by females has dictated that the average penis is the length that it is.

Next question: if females chose mates solely based on the size of their penises, would the average size change?

10. Love-it

Gold Member

Maybe yes, maybe no, maybe smaller.

11. B_capslock

B_capslock New Member

I wonder which cave woman was the first size queen? She must have seemed magical.... any peepee could just disappear... they would worship her.... maybe thats where the Queen in size queen came from..... And the term "Homo Erectus"!!!!

12. Barely Big

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    In my mind, that's an unquestionable yes. I've been reading about evolution quite a bit lately (3/4 of the way through "The Selfish Gene").

There is an interesting theory that is still not proven, but has mounting evidence in its favor that the superior males of the species might actually evolve a handicap to show off just how fit/strong/worthy of mating they are. Because they can over come said handicap and it impresses the female. I find no reason to assume that "around 6 inches" isn't what was most desired, but if the prior theory holds true, it could be that women preferred either bigger or smaller, and that by being able to perform superior to those with that preference, those with today's average demonstrated superiority and therefore their genes survived.

I just think it's fascinating stuff. I hope someone else shares in that. :smile:

Draft saved Draft deleted