Why is the Republican party so

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As Obama accurately pointed out tonight, clinton left us with a 200 Billion surplus. W left us with more than one Trillion in debt. Obama is not the cause of debt, he is the solution. Go read factual information and stop living in your imaginary fantasy REPUGNANTCAN world.

Boondocksaints

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's because there is too much money involved in politics- for Dems and Republicans both. How could they possibly do healthcare reform when some of their largest donors are insurance and pharmaceutical companies? You don't bite the hand that feeds you. That's the problem. Congress is totally in the pocket of corporations and Senators and House reps don't really care about their constituents.

Jay1074

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
As Obama accurately pointed out tonight, clinton left us with a 200 Billion surplus. W left us with more than one Trillion in debt. Obama is not the cause of debt, he is the solution. Go read factual information and stop living in your imaginary fantasy REPUGNANTCAN world.

Whoa!!! W left us with more than 1 trillion in debt, and after Obama's first year in office the debt is estimated to be somewhere over 3 Trillion and you have the audacity to say he's the solution?!! FAIL!!!

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Whoa!!! W left us with more than 1 trillion in debt, and after Obama's first year in office the debt is estimated to be somewhere over 3 Trillion and you have the audacity to say he's the solution?!! FAIL!!!

Clearly, you don't know what the difference between an estimation and what actual fact is. Getting all wound up on guesses now? And you have the nerve to call people paranoid in another thread for what they perceive?

FAIL!!!! :rolleyes:

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yeah but apparently the Democrats haven't gotten the message that voters are sick of Obama running up the national debt to bail out banks, pay cash for clunker cars, send more troops to Afganistan, etc., etc. and they DO NOT want this insanely expensive government takeover of the US healthcare system that Obama, Pelosi and Reid seem determined to cram down their throats.

Check your facts before you open your mouth.

Poll: Public fed up with Washington - White House- msnbc.com

its not Obama people are sick of, its the CONGRESS.....primarily Republicans, but the Democrats aren't in much better shape

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Hello?? Hello??

Have you seen what Obama has done to the national debt?

Get a clue.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
clinton left us with a 200 Billion surplus. W left us with more than one Trillion in debt.

Correction: The internet boom and a surging stock market left us with a $200 billion surplus. Clinton was getting blowjobs and enjoying the ride of a surging economy and stock market.

Obama is not the cause of debt, he is the solution. Go read factual information and stop living in your imaginary fantasy REPUGNANTCAN world.

For the sake of your existence and mental health, I hope you know that this is complete horseshit. Obama has quadrupled the deficit in one short year.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
For the sake of your existence and mental health, I hope you know that this is complete horseshit. Obama has quadrupled the deficit in one short year.

And perhaps if a certain previous administration didn't fuck up, thinking that it was OK to spend like crazy themselves since they entered office with a surplus, then we wouldn't be in this mess. The mistakes stared BEFORE Obama got into office. And yes, we can continually remind you of that that, much to your chagrin, because it's true.

This is one of the most disingenuous arguments you have. As if we did nothing and stopped all spending, the National Debt would reverse itself. Come on, star... you don't need the "cheap points" here. Be honest for ONCE!

mizzlopez

Experimental Member
Media
This thread is a prime example of why we as a country continue this downward spiral...............Stones thrown from the left and right, he said she said, you're a liar, no you're a liar, etc etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And perhaps if a certain previous administration didn't fuck up, thinking that it was OK to spend like crazy themselves since they entered office with a surplus, then we wouldn't be in this mess. The mistakes stared BEFORE Obama got into office. And yes, we can continually remind you of that that, much to your chagrin, because it's true.

This is one of the most disingenuous arguments you have. As if we did nothing and stopped all spending, the National Debt would reverse itself. Come on, star... you don't need the "cheap points" here. Be honest for ONCE!

The previous administration DID screw up with overspending and fiscal irresponsibility. I am acutely aware of this.

The point is that nimrods such as the guy above is claiming that Obama has fixed it / is fixing it, etc. But he is making it worse. The spending is out of control. Of course we needed some stimulus, but what he is doing is reckless and downright insane.

So if people are going to bitch about the deficit that he inherited from Bush, they need to acknowledge that that deficit has quadrupled under Obama in just one year.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The previous administration DID screw up with overspending and fiscal irresponsibility. I am acutely aware of this.

The point is that nimrods such as the guy above is claiming that Obama has fixed it / is fixing it, etc. But he is making it worse. The spending is out of control. Of course we needed some stimulus, but what he is doing is reckless and downright insane.

So, even though several economists are saying that what Obama is doing overall is the right thing to do, you claim that it's irresponsible. Fine... what SHOULD he have done? Closed government and cut all spending? Give it all to the banks and hope it would "trickle down"? Explain.

So if people are going to bitch about the deficit that he inherited from Bush, they need to acknowledge that that deficit has quadrupled under Obama in just one year.

We acknowledge that... but we also know that you can't make money without spending it first. That's why all of this crying over the National Deficit is disingenuous. You'd get a lot more respect around here if you didn't go for the cheap points, star... when will you realize that?

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
"Did you care when it was a Republican running up the debt?"........ that's what i wondered for years, repbs throwing money away hand over fist and not a word about it.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"Did you care when it was a Republican running up the debt?"........ that's what i wondered for years, repbs throwing money away hand over fist and not a word about it.

And we all know that answer is "no". They didn't care because it was people they trusted in office doing it.

B_Mister Buildington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
And we all know that answer is "no". They didn't care because it was people they trusted in office doing it.

Exactly. This is incisive.

You will trust and defend Obama to the bitter end, just as those on the far right did with Bush. At the same time, Republicans will lambaste Obama, just as Democrats did to Bush.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So, even though several economists are saying that what Obama is doing overall is the right thing to do, you claim that it's irresponsible. Fine... what SHOULD he have done? Closed government and cut all spending? Give it all to the banks and hope it would "trickle down"? Explain.

No, spending was/is required. But Obama was/is spending in the wrong places. Look at unemployment. No jobs. A local radio host devoted a hafl-hour for people to call-in that had received a job because of the stimulus plan. Not one call.

All that spending and he couldn't get banks to lend? Couldn't get banks to extend some of those billions of dollars?? Which would in turn allow companies to finish construction/development projects and create jobs?

Where are the shovel-ready jobs? They were supposed to be instantaneous. Does he even care?

We acknowledge that... but we also know that you can't make money without spending it first. That's why all of this crying over the National Deficit is disingenuous. You'd get a lot more respect around here if you didn't go for the cheap points, star... when will you realize that?

Spending is required. But how much? And why are there no jobs?? Why are there hundreds of thousands of new unemployment claims every month? What, exactly, is the stimulus and spending doing out there?

It would be nice to see some results - some verifiable, factual results that the spending is doing something positive. It sure is a helluva lot of money that is being doled out.

Here is another example of what he could do:

Give a zero-interest loan to certain real estate groups (they would need to demonstrate application/expertise, etc.)

They could put together REITS (Real Estate Investment Trusts) in which they could go out there an start buying and managing property. Commercial property is selling for 20 cents on the dollar.

This would help the real estate market pick up, provide jobs such as maintenance, rehab, etc., several sales/analytical/clerical jobs with the REIT, and would start lifting real estate prices again in the short- and mid-terms. And the loans would all be paid back to the treasury; otherwise the government can go in and take possession of the real estate as collateral.

You CANT LOSE with that type of stimulus. WHY WHY WHY can't this administration come up with something as easy as that??

Jobs are created literally on day one, and the gov't is guaranteed to get their money back.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You will trust and defend Obama to the bitter end, just as those on the far right did with Bush.

I will also criticize him when I feel it's needed, and have done so publicly. I don't need to defend Obama. He doesn't need my endorsement or my "protection" from a bunch of penis forum entities, and considering that I live in New York he probably didn't even need my vote in 2008 either. I give Obama the same level of scrutiny and/or support I would give any person in office. That's because deep down, I just want the country to do well and continue progressing forward. I don't have to personally like the person who is sitting in the White House. I just need to see efforts being done to do things for the better, and Obama is doing that. Which is why I speak in support of him.

Don't mistake my optimism for fanaticism. I was already jumped on earlier for not saying that Obama's State of the Union Address was the best thing since two people licking on your balls at the same time. So much for my "blind liberal" status. :rolleyes:

At the same time, Republicans will lambaste Obama, just as Democrats did to Bush.

I'm not as partisan as you think. Pay attention. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Exactly. This is incisive.

You will trust and defend Obama to the bitter end, just as those on the far right did with Bush. At the same time, Republicans will lambaste Obama, just as Democrats did to Bush.

And economists warned that blundering into a multi-billion (trillion?) dollar war while cutting taxes and deregulating markets was folly.

And economists support the current curative measures.

So, independently, it's apples and oranges.

There's no way the policies and practices of the current administration can be equated with that of the previous administration, with a "it's just that one was repub and one was dem" tagline.

Not.