Why is the world very anti-American????

Cloud9

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
invisibleman said:
Don't let your feelings of patheticism and apathy prevent you from speaking your mind. In America, we do have freedom of speech. Some countries aren't allowed to speak their minds.

*Smiles dumbly

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gisella said:
<...>
The thing I know is that even me as a kid i was trained by my parents and relatives to not talk about politics, the regime and etc...censorship all over. If 'they' get you to questioning you desapear, or got beaten or go to exile...
Dear Gisella, we have the same thing here in the United States, but with a few different terms: if you piss "them" off badly enough, you don't disappear, you become an enemy combatant, and get sent to a resort in Guantanamo.

scanjock8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Given our role in the current state of foriegn affairs it's no surprise anti American sentiment is on the rise. Unfortunately, the world now bears the burden of an agenda dictated by the unchecked control of a single political party over all branches of US government--a situation American voters have but themselves to blame for creating. That said, I have confidence in the resiliency of our demoncracy. America's two party system is cyclical by design--we'll soon come out of this rather nasty phase of abusive conservatism.

Speak softly and carry a big stick. -Theodore Roosevelt

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
scanjock8 said:
Given our role in the current state of foriegn affairs it's no surprise anti American sentiment is on the rise. Unfortunately, the world now bears the burden of an agenda dictated by the unchecked control of a single political party over all branches of US government--a situation American voters have but themselves to blame for creating. That said, I have confidence in the resiliency of our demoncracy. America's two party system is cyclical by design--we'll soon come out of this rather nasty phase of abusive conservatism.

i agree with everything you said except the last sentence. "abusive conservatism" is not finished yet for quite awhile. just a gut feeling and knowing who is in control - the red states. god, guns, gays and abortion are on their mind, and they ain't gonna stop until it's THEIR WAY.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ORCABOMBER said:
Suppose in fairness we should distinguish people who hate America vs those who hate Americans.

After all, the US branch of LPSG are a very nice sort! :biggrin1:
Thanks, Orcabomber. Really, the nice Americans really are the invisible majority. The reason you don't see us more often is that we are very unremarkable. The ones you do see and hear are the abrasive, obnoxious sheeple.

D_Sir Dancealot

1st Like
Media
DC_DEEP said:
Thanks, Orcabomber. Really, the nice Americans really are the invisible majority. The reason you don't see us more often is that we are very unremarkable. The ones you do see and hear are the abrasive, obnoxious sheeple.

That's something to think about!!!

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
DC_DEEP said:
Really, the nice Americans really are the invisible majority. The reason you don't see us more often is that we are very unremarkable. The ones you do see and hear are the abrasive, obnoxious sheeple.

You mean there are more "invisible" people other than I? Yea!!!!:smile:

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
invisibleman said:
You mean there are more "invisible" people other than I? Yea!!!!:smile:

You may in fact end up being the leader of a cult!

Most people who are not flaming pains in the ass are relatively quiet, which is why I am still able to believe that there are Muslims who are not hateful, just as there are Christians who are not judgemental. When people aren't hating and judging, they're busy minding the business that is theirs to mind.

Ker76

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
transformer_99 said:
Spain, Portugal, UK, if I remember correctly the USA defeated England when they were at the height of their power.

Of course they did, but they did not destroy the Empire. it was not just US doings that brought the British Empire to fall in the end. Mind you that India - a prime contender for a future global player AND a nuclear power - has been a coloniy until after WW II.
Any superpower is bound to be defeated at some point in time. that doesn´t change the fact that they were superpowers at the height of their time. So was the Soviet Union, even though now it doesn´t exist anymore.
Even the Roman empire who ruled the known world for centuries and did not see any enemies far and wide after after crushing every major contender got defeated and you´d still have to admit that their influence over the antique and even modern world was massive.

transformer_99 said:
If I remember correctly, the US was the turning point in WW I and WW II, not only did we crush Hitler's Germany, but Japan as well.
I´m quite happy you did, otherwise I possibly couldn´t post it. But one of the point that leads to irritation especially in Russia is this claim that you singlehandedly defeated the Axis powers. Remember the Russians lost 20 Million people in that war. They didn´t just contribute, they paid a huge price and are commonly attributed to be the deciding factor in WWII. Don´t get me wrong here, I´m quite happy for my own sake that the States won that one!

transformer_99 said:
America is not on the downslide, there is no heir apparent in the ultimate game of survival.
Actually, I hope yoiu´re right. But like I said i repext to the roman empire, there is always a heir. Military might doens´t help in securing long-term power - it just binds resources and limits your range of reactions. It is still important as one factor in a whole package that makes up international relations. The Bush administration is sadly lacking in most others.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Well, diplomacy seems to be the "Do or we say, or we INVADE!" line to every country under the sun.

I tend to be biased towards all the "darkies that no one gives a fuck about" in WW2 though. I'd love to know what ever happened to all the colonists and how they did end up fighting...perhaps another story.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well...I do understand that many US citzens are ignorant about international politics of US that goes around in the world and the way it deals with different nations...it does not make sense to me some be so naive about that..how come they know they are the greatest nation of all and are so proud about that and so patriot and forget to see that a power like this can try to press others to conform with their own ways of almost everything?

Dont they have clues that superpowers caused ressentment through history? Just study history and geography and etc of the world more...not just our own is very important. Plus is not possible for a leader nation isolated themselves and filter things and feelings what their dealings outside their borders...the world reality is not the reality of the USA.

I dont understand how can someone have such a great position and dont have ideia of the great responsabilty it carries. I think the US people must get be more involved on whats going on, and dont let politicians, diplomats and their financial institutions and great multinationals, do all the talking for them in their name....and I dont really understand how a nation that wants to plant democracy all over, only 50% their people votes during elections...why? why? :confused:

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Gisella said:
Well...I do understand that many US citzens are ignorant about international politics of US that goes around in the world and the way it deals with different nations...it does not make sense to me some be so naive about that..how come they know they are the greatest nation of all and are so proud about that and so patriot and forget to see that a power like this can try to press others to conform with their own ways of almost everything?

Dont they have clues that superpowers caused ressentment through history? Just study history and geography and etc of the world more...not just our own is very important. Plus is not possible for a leader nation isolated themselves and filter things and feelings what their dealings outside their borders...the world reality is not the reality of the USA.

I dont understand how can someone have such a great position and dont have ideia of the great responsabilty it carries. I think the US people must get be more involved on whats going on, and dont let politicians, diplomats and their financial institutions and great multinationals, do all the talking for them in their name....and I dont really understand how a nation that wants to plant democracy all over, only 50% their people votes during elections...why? why? :confused:
As far as I'm concerned, I leave the anal masturbation to politicians and the stuff that matters to the people that matters.

I don't think that any "Oh yeah, the US should be like this" line is fair. After all, it could be thrown at any other country. But the US doesn't seem to be one to make friends...or allies either, it's more along the lines of "you owe us from 60 years ago!!" rather than a mutual co-operation in issues.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
ORCABOMBER said:
As far as I'm concerned, I leave the anal masturbation to politicians and the stuff that matters to the people that matters.

I don't think that any "Oh yeah, the US should be like this" line is fair. After all, it could be thrown at any other country. But the US doesn't seem to be one to make friends...or allies either, it's more along the lines of "you owe us from 60 years ago!!" rather than a mutual co-operation in issues.

Fair or not if a country is the only superpower nation in the world wanting or not the have responsabilities, and moral ones too. I do think superpower have many roles and one of them is to be a police (?) but a good one...but as many in this world already live is a invironment that their police is good and bad...sometimes they defend the people & sometimes they act just for their own interestes and go agaisnt the people...

For you to make friends you must dont do things only for your own interestes but if you want to be respect, respect others interest...and lives. Does not make sense a police pass by the civil wars and massacre in Africa for exemple and invade Iraque to free their people....doesnt make sense have called 911 to a region where there were not lying corps and dying people and terror already going on being persecuted and exterminated bcause their ethnecity...and than 911 goes to the 'important priority' call and than cause many many more fatalities and injuries...

Than peoples of this world are not blind they can see double standards far away and in their own lands of conflicting behaviour of superpower not long ago but yesterday, today and tomorrow. If someone is superpower they have tasks and responsabilities, if you want to promote peace and stability you have to be consistent in your actions to be seen for all...as a superpower no one force you to want be one, you took it place for yourself but respect must be earned..and when they dont keep doing good job they face another emerging power wanting their place, than maybe we have for a while 2 superpowers crashing, than we in the end have 1...and everything starts all over again. (I think..)

I dont really know how many roles superpower has to play...its complicated.:rolleyes:

PsychoBob

Just Browsing
Media
Hi,
I'm new here.

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

I thing the wolrds stand on the USA is splitt in two.

On the one hand many want democracy, freedom of speech, ..., all things the US stands for.

On the other hand the US stands for Neo-Liberalism and and Neo-Colonialism.

I mean there is no other country in the world who has a military doctrin that calls for war to get natural resurces and new market places like the US with Air-Land-Battle 2000.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:mad: Like it or not, some european countries hate America because America is far more better than those countries. Usually hatred comes from jealousy.