Why might good looking women be overrepresented here?

BetterFuture

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK... this might be a dumb question... I've hesitated for two days on whether to post it or not, but here goes...

The people on LPSG are a self-selecting group, not a random sample. And because it's LPSG, the average sized penis here is larger than the average size in a real random population sample. No surprises here.

But after hanging out here for about a year, it seems to me that there are a lot of really good looking women here... many more than in a random population sample. It sounds like it, but no, I'm not pandering to the audience.... but I was wondering if any of the women here have noticed this too and if any of you has any theories as to 'why'....

Reactions: AlteredEgo

I think maybe you just notice the good looking women more, because overall the amount of women on here is a fraction of how many members there are as a whole. There are plenty of lovely ladies on here, but there are plenty of handsome gentlemen too. There are a fair few men and women who have accounts that I do not find physically attractive at all (and I'm sure plenty don't find me attractive and that is 100% fine, I'm not trying to be a shady bitch).

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
People who enjoy the way they look and enjoy showing it off with confidence are just more attractive people in general, and that applies to all sorts of body types. There are many differently shaped/sized women that I see in the galleries on the rare occasion I may be roaming them... and it's not really about the fact that we all fit into the category of 'physically attractive' it's the fact that we're confident in our presentation.

BetterFuture

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think maybe you just notice the good looking women more
That could definitely be distorting my perception... good point.

People who enjoy the way they look and enjoy showing it off with confidence are just more attractive people in general...
No doubt that confidence is an attractive thing.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I sure did! ;) Intelligence is actually the most important to me for a relationship... I can't even recall how many first dates I've been on where I'm looking at her across the table and thinking, "shoot, not as bright as I'd hoped". Luckily it isn't always that way, I've found some very smart women.... and then I'm thinking "I sure hope she isn't thinking, 'shoot, he's not as bright as I'd hoped' about me".

Intelligence just doesn't show up in pics too well (except for you @Scarletbegonia -- in your avatar you put your brain right out there for all to see ;)). But intelligence definitely shows up in comments... I enjoy reading the witty and smart comments by many of the women here. I read AAW and WI a lot because it it. Thank you all! :)

Look carefully at the brain. What's it made from?
I am a craniosacral therapist. I alter fluid waves.
And I have held a human brain in my hands as part of a cadaver lab.
It was the most humbling moment of my life, and I'm counting childbirth.

OK... this might be a dumb question... I've hesitated for two days on whether to post it or not, but here goes...

The people on LPSG are a self-selecting group, not a random sample. And because it's LPSG, the average sized penis here is larger than the average size in a real random population sample. No surprises here.

But after hanging out here for about a year, it seems to me that there are a lot of really good looking women here... many more than in a random population sample. It sounds like it, but no, I'm not pandering to the audience.... but I was wondering if any of the women here have noticed this too and if any of you has any theories as to 'why'....
My reply to this would probably be the confidence issue. The more confident can man or woman might be the more likely they need to post. And most women, the ones I have talked to, don't post pictures or even like their pictures taken if they aren't feeling it.. so perhaps it is the willingness and or resolution to conquered these self defeating thoughts and rise to confidence that adds to the attraction or appeal.
And like fade said, we are not all attracted to the same people or body types. What you find attractive might not be what the next guy likes and of course the other way around.
Since there are less ladies perhaps there is more confidence.... You know that I have confidence issues... Less competition...
And some of us only feel attractive in a sexual setting. We can carry ourselves differently when we know we are good at it.

There is also a higher ratio of men on here than women. I know I haven't met all of the women here and maybe only...10% of the men.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Could it be the fact that we pick and choose the photos in our gallery?

Why do you think mine or so fuzzy? Nobody wants to see laugh lines or crows feet. If you ever see a photo of me when I wake up in the morning then that's what I'll use a defense in the assault case brought by my husband.

Likewise, no orgasm face. That would just be weird.

BetterFuture

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My reply to this would probably be the confidence issue. The more confident can man or woman might be the more likely they need to post.
I think you're right too... and confidence is attractive in and of itself.

What you find attractive might not be what the next guy likes and of course the other way around.
This is true too... perhaps it's just me that thinks this... but it's definitely something I've noticed.

Could it be the fact that we pick and choose the photos in our gallery?
Only the best pics.. yes, I'm sure that helps. I know personally that I've deleted dozens of pics trying to get one that I think makes me look as good as possible.

Nobody wants to see laugh lines or crows feet.
Uh oh, I better check my gallery! Seriously though, those features come for all of us and just look normal to me at my age... and laugh lines show a history of smiles on the face... and that's good.

Reactions: AlteredEgo