why no penis workshops?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by ramsgate18, Dec 11, 2011.

1. ramsgate18

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    u always hear about vaginal workshops connecting women with their vaginas why arent there any to link men with their bits?

2. travis1985

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    A lot of men border on being a little too connected to their penises as it is.

3. D_bbv12xcz

D_bbv12xcz New Member

My guess is that it's an empowerment thing. Perhaps the workshops were created to help women embrace their sexuality and take control of it. I only speculate this because until a few decades ago, society has always conditoned women to feel embarassed or ashamed of their bodies and their sexuality. It's astounding how little many women actually know about their own physiology. I once watched a segement on a talkshow about women and vaginas and when asked in a poll many women did not know they urinated and passed menstrual blood through different orfices. I thought it was pretty sad, first off that they were never taught and second, that they never even cared to explore for themselves.
    The main reason I figure you don't see penis workshops is that we live in a male-dominated society, where it is assumed that men are comfortable and expertly trained in how our junk works. Male sexuality is seen as a very simple and straightforward field, whereas female sexuality has been and continues to be thoroughly researched. Once society gets over the myths and stereotypes that men "have it all handled" so to speak, then maybe we'll see more interest in studying male sexuality, which could in turn spark a penis workshop movement.
    Personally I doubt it will ever happen and sites like this might be the closest thing guys ever come to that kind of exploration.

4. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

Maybe we do have penis workshops.... they're called Jack Off clubs.

5. TuckMeUnder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    In her book Sex for One Betty Dodson says she tried setting up a Penis Workshop like she'd done for women, but the men weren't comfortable exploring their differences in each others' company. Unlike women, men didn't seem to find it enlightening or satisfying. And men didn't really need to learn "why" to pleasure themselves.

6. matelalique

matelalique Active Member

Echoing the ideas of an earlier poster - I think there are very few men who haven't figured out how their equipment works, and very few who feel uncomfortable about practicing on their own. I fail to see what would be achieved through a penis workshop. The one thing that might be is already covered by tantric massage workshops.

Draft saved Draft deleted