Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm a Dem and will admit that President Obama hasn't lived up to what I thought he was going to be (yet), but I really don't see any of those clowns on the other side of the aisle being close to being any more effective at all as prez.

Obama will get 4 more years. Take it to the bank.

atlclgurl

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:shrug: Maybe lack of confidence or his beliefs actual mirror those of Mr. Geithner? Impossible to know, but to paraphrase a friend's adage, "the king's the power", and at the end of the day Mr. Geithner acts on behalf of President Obama. :(

See, that's the problem, I think at the end of the day, Geithner acts on behalf of Wall Street and Obama supports him doing it!

Obama is a mere figurehead when it comes to the economy. Hell, he couldn't even do a recess appointment of Elizabeth Warren! :mad:

TexasC0wb0y

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, the facts are out there and there's plenty of pros and cons in the history past and the present for both parties. It all boils down to politics being what it is and has always been, a conglomerate of crooks trying to help us but never really accomplishing what they day. We were all ready for a change from Bush it seems, just didn't realize the change that was coming.....

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm a Dem and will admit that President Obama hasn't lived up to what I thought he was going to be (yet), but I really don't see any of those clowns on the other side of the aisle being close to being any more effective at all as prez.

Obama will get 4 more years. Take it to the bank.

He will get re-elected, if only because the GOP's candidates get fucking batshit crazier every year. Palin as VP was bad enough, Bachmann is crazier than Palin, Perry is nuts, Gingrich is a washup, etc.

Ron Paul is the sanest of the bunch, and that's tough to say because his views are pretty radical Libertarian.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
See, that's the problem, I think at the end of the day, Geithner acts on behalf of Wall Street and Obama supports him doing it!

Obama is a mere figurehead when it comes to the economy. Hell, he couldn't even do a recess appointment of Elizabeth Warren! :mad:
:yup: Not expending political capital on Elizabeth Warren was a huge mistake. Hopefully she will make cheese souffle out of Velveeta by winning a Senate seat next year. :fingersx:

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:yup: Not expending political capital on Elizabeth Warren was a huge mistake. Hopefully she will make cheese souffle out of Velveeta by winning a Senate seat next year. :fingersx:

I'll vote for her if I'm still living here and she runs. She's one of the more honest and straightforward people I've ever seen, and the fact that people seem to hate her makes her all the more appealing.

atlclgurl

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response

See, that's the thing, he wouldn't have had to expend any political capital. Congress goes on vacay, he appoints and its done. Yes, it must be confirmed by the Senate, but guess what, he has a fucking MAJORITY in the Senate, so no, no political capital. He simply didn't have the balls to do it!

Clinton used this power to appoint the FIRST OPENLY gay man as an American Ambassador.

Bush made 171 recess appointments.

Obama? 30. WITH control of the Senate the entire time! :rolleyes:

Yes, I hope Warren becomes a Senator and IF she ever ran for President she'd get my vote!

atlclgurl

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
D

deleted15807

And if you can act as their willing agent and draw a paycheck from them at the same time, so much the better! :wink:

Yes isn't that amazing isn't it. But keep in mind as you attack taxes and then create a deficit it's not really a deficit. She has literally unhooked the responsibilities of the United States government from it's citizens.
VIEIRA: But how — how do you justify adding more money to the deficit, that much more?

BACHMANN: Well remember, that money is — when people are allowed to keep their own money, that's considered a deficit. I don't —
I don't agree with that definition. When people keep their own money, that's considered a deficit to government, but it's not a deficit to your pocket or mine, so I think it's important that people can keep their money.

Rep. Bachmann Admits Tax Cuts Will Increase Deficit, Wants New Definition Of "Deficit" | Political Correction

Last edited by a moderator:

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
BACHMANN: Well remember, that money is — when people are allowed to keep their own money, that's considered a deficit. I don't — [/I] I don't agree with that definition. When people keep their own money, that's considered a deficit to government, but it's not a deficit to your pocket or mine, so I think it's important that people can keep their money.

Rep. Bachmann Admits Tax Cuts Will Increase Deficit, Wants New Definition Of "Deficit" | Political Correction
[/INDENT]

:wtf1:

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
Bachmann is insane, the fact that anyone votes for her makes me want to start my own country.

I'll move to your country. All I ask is that you ban Winnie the Pooh tee shirts on women over the age of... anyone over the age of 9.

I like to think Bachmann has the sort of support, now, that Donald Trump had before the President released his long form birth certificate. Essentially a mile wide but an inch deep... that's my hope anyway. We're 15 months away. If she remains an honest to god contender (or even a likely VP candidate) my faith in my fellow Americans will be seriously... compromised.

JSZ

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
To help you out, Bush took office in 2004, and left office in 2008 driving up the debt 45.9 billion. Obama took over in 2008 and by the end of the fiscal year of 2010 had increased the debt by 835.5 billion.
George Bush took office in January 2002. Look that up. Obama took over in 2009.
we went to war in 2003, so Bush funded 5 years of war while Obama has funded 3?

get real man.
The Afghan war started in 2002. Check your basic facts and math. What was Obama suppose to do? Cut and run from Iraq? Imagine the disaster and what you'd be saying about that right now. Or am I wrong and you would be praising him for that? Then there was the small matter of catching OBL that needed to be done...

I may have to, numbers, facts, logic... These things are just too much for the democratic mind to wrap itself around.
.Speak for yourself. See the above. You can't even get the basic facts of your argument right and you say this? LOL.

Last edited:

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Conservative blinders? Way to wave away anything to the right of you has to say.

Old white money? You sound very bitter. Just sayin....

What new breed of president is BHO? He is the same ole shit in a slightly different bag. He is not progressive, he is too conservative for the democrats, too liberal for the republicans. He lacks backbone, he will go down in history as a worse president than Carter. As much as the Bush haters will disagree, time will tell.

Im going to assume that you are calling him a "new breed" because of his skin color, and I'll tell you the same thing I have told others; Do not forget that he is just as much white as he is "black." And voting for a "black" president does not make you enlightened, progressive, or open minded, voting for someone because of their skin color would make the voter more racist than any klan member.

Yes, time will tell. And from my point of view, you are the bitter one.
Just sayin...

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And yes conservative blinders. The economy has slowly improved since the Bush fiasco and yet all the conservatives say is it is worse than ever.

And when I say new breed, I mean someone who grew up in the middle class, a regular person like you and I. Wasn't talking about skin color at all, that is your own racist input.

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And just looking at economic fact:

Bush took office during one of the most prosperous times in US history. Bush left office in the second worst time in US history.

No matter what spin you put on it, facts are facts.

Obama took office in the second worst recession in US history, and if a 1 term president, which again I hope he is not, but if is, he will leave with a slightly better economic situation than when he took office. Maybe not what people would want, but it has slowly improved.

Facts are facts.

Last edited:

dazedandconfused

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Status
Not open for further replies.