Why Romney might not "get it"

tamati

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
if the tools/cd's/games were earned by actual hard work, while the stock was a gift or inheritance the analogy fails.

selling a gifted mustang vs selling the car you worked and paid for and spent hours up to your elbows in grease fixing is not the same experience at all.

Last edited:

balsary

Sexy Member
Media
How many "working class" have pawned tools or TV/gaming consoles, or even sold blood, as a way to raise money?

His story, of selling something as a way to raise quick cash, is analogous.

It all depends on how you look at it.

Only there was no real threat of Mitt ever not having the money to survive. A poor analogy in my book.

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the real question: why do we care about a President's likability factor or ability to relate to the common man? NOBODY LIKED STEVE JOBS! Now I might be a much more likable individual than the late Mr. Jobs, but I can't imagine y'all would want me as the brains behind the latest "it" invention...

get the job done, likable or not, that's my concern

balsary

Sexy Member
Media
the real question: why do we care about a President's likability factor or ability to relate to the common man? NOBODY LIKED STEVE JOBS! Now I might be a much more likable individual than the late Mr. Jobs, but I can't imagine y'all would want me as the brains behind the latest "it" invention...

This post just proves that you don't "get it" either.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Likeability doesn't matter much but the ability to relate does imo. If a President doesn't understand what a great number of the country is experiencing then how could their concerns be a real priority? Bill Clinton came from humble beginnings and never forgot that. During one of his addresses to Congress he commented that there was a great need to raise the minimum wage because as he put it, in the couple of months Congress had been in session they had already made more money than a person working for minimum wage makes in a full year. Someone out of touch with the situation today would tell someone struggling to make ends meet with their current income that they were either not working hard enough or should just get a different job. They would tell a student that was struggling to go to mom and dad for a loan.

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if that's the case, then i'm proud to say i don't. what exactly is "it" that i need to get? what could be more important than someone who gets the job done? that's not to say that Romney is that man, but why are other, insignificant factors play a role?

h0neymustard

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
AutomicMouse is correct. The people I know do not care enough or know enough about him to hate him. Even before the 50K a plate fund raiser statements were put in the news, his speeches projected just what he stated.

One thing that I liked about Bush is that he was a "Decider." Even though he came down on the wrong side, he made a choice. Romney has been flopping for years. We need a leader who is going to make hard choices and stand behind them. So, I will wait and see who is on the ballot November 6th.

Bush definitely is someone who makes an actual decision on something.

Hephaestus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The problem is that neither Mr. Romney nor Mr. Ryan understand the concerns of average Americans, similar to the last Republican Administration. And look where that got us. The problem is Mitt Romney is so disingenuous, just listening and observing the man, you can tell he just doesn't give a shit about nor believe the lies that he now has to speak to keep the rouge conservatives from not voting, which is what they want to do, they just can't let Obama stay in, so they've changed voter laws and have Romney chirping out their rhetoric.

They are out of touch, but Obama isn't? Big, bad, rich Republicans off to change the country? You do know that Michelle Obama worked for the University of Chicago Hospital and was not only in charge of when they were "patient dumping" (for those who didn't have healthcare), but her job went from 121k/yr. to 333k/yr. when Barrack became a state legislator. An earmark for the hospital also came from Hubby. Barrack went to Columbia and Harvard, Michelle went to Princeton and Harvard. So, don't waste your time with this Rich, conservative or Republican bullshit. He also make 5 Million a year. The Obamas made a mil a year even before presidency. They didn't run anything or startup anything. So, get off the money kick. They are all loaded, the difference, Romney doesn't apologize for it. Obama apologizes for everything, to everyone.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
They are out of touch, but Obama isn't? Big, bad, rich Republicans off to change the country? You do know that Michelle Obama worked for the University of Chicago Hospital and was not only in charge of when they were "patient dumping" (for those who didn't have healthcare), but her job went from 121k/yr. to 333k/yr. when Barrack became a state legislator. An earmark for the hospital also came from Hubby. Barrack went to Columbia and Harvard, Michelle went to Princeton and Harvard. So, don't waste your time with this Rich, conservative or Republican bullshit. He also make 5 Million a year. The Obamas made a mil a year even before presidency. They didn't run anything or startup anything. So, get off the money kick. They are all loaded, the difference, Romney doesn't apologize for it. Obama apologizes for everything, to everyone.
What you and some others here fail to understand is that no one faults Romney for being rich. We don't have a problem with anyone making it in this country. We accept that just about anyone who runs for the office of President is going to be well off but Romney is a special case. He grew up well off unlike Obama. There are many millionaires who started out poor and they still remember what it was like to go without. Romney never had to deal with that.

h0neymustard

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What you and some others here fail to understand is that no one faults Romney for being rich. We don't have a problem with anyone making it in this country. We accept that just about anyone who runs for the office of President is going to be well off but Romney is a special case. He grew up well off unlike Obama. There are many millionaires who started out poor and they still remember what it was like to go without. Romney never had to deal with that.

Utter horseshit. Obama had a privileged upbringing himself.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/chapter-i-a-childhood-of-privilege-not-hardship/article/2508416#.UGE_4o1lSqk

tamati

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Oh wow. He was allowed to attend a prep school due to family connections.

Let's try this link

Obama's Childhood

didnt we cover debunking all this made up bullshit already? its like the birhter thing... just keep repeating the bullshit till it some how magically it stops stinking and becomes true? is that really all that all the GOP has left? repeating fairy tales util someone actually believes it?