Why so much ignorance about the Vagina?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Lordpendragon, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

Rather than continue to be irritated by the seemingly prevalent ignorance about the vagina, I thought I would ask what people thought was the cause and whether it may be intended.

For example - wishing to know the "perfect" size or width of a penis, thereby presuming that every vagina has the same requirements. Thinking that because a woman's body takes nine months prepring itself for childbirth, that all women can take a ten inch circumference penis etc etc.

2. emu

emu New Member

because most men are obsessed with the penis

and are concerned with what the they can do TO the vagina with their penises

not what the vagina can do or what men can do FOR the woman

E

3. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

When it comes to questions like 'what is the perfect size?' i try and answer then on my personal experiences and likes rather than what stats say.

And i cant believe when i read comment saying a vagina can take child birth so it can take any size penis..It sex took hours of contractions and stretching beforehand do you all really think you'd be doing it so often?

And even though some questions here are easily answered with one answer it is nice to see men asking questions on ways to satisfy their woman, it shows they are intreseted in being good lovers and not just peasing themselves

4. Snakebyte

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    don't forget that birth is painful my friend

5. dongalong

Gold Member

Most guys don't see any need to learn about it!
    All that matters is that is feels good when you put your dick in.

Those of us that do bother to learn have an advantage when it comes to pleasure giving and quite often get put into the good lover category.

6. Mumzi

Mumzi New Member

Pain in child birth comes from the cervix dilating. Pregnancy causes hormones that allow the vagina to stretch as it does in child birth.

After I had my daughter and after my husband and I hadn't had sex for 5 weeks, I was very tight again. So, that kinda blows that theory outta the water!
    However, there is one thing that always made me wonder. My BIL delivered my daughters. Think about that. I'll bet he was very careful not to mess up the goods!

7. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Good question, LPD. When you think about it, the vagina is a veritable playground of sexual delight. The clitoris, a tiny organ designed purely for sexual pleasure with no dual purpose. We can have g-spot and cervical orgasms depending on the type and pace of stimulation. Vaginas contract and expand with arousal and orgasms, providing stimulation to the penis as well as pleasure for ourselves.

There's a lot going on 'down under' with females. The penis is a fairly simple organ and some men are more comfortable with simplicity. This goes there, it does that, and voila! Orgasm. The vagina has been shrouded in mystery for ages. It's only been in recent years that certain questions were finally answered and a few myths debunked. I always laugh when I hear people joke about needing a "road map" to get around in that area--it's a very small area! Even if you hit a detour along the way, sooner or later you'll find the entrance ramp to one of the main highways. But that requires a little time and effort on the part of the 'driver' and perhaps some instruction from the 'passenger'.

In short, some people are just lazy. Some men do not want to learn and some women don't want to instruct or know very little about their own netherparts. For a long time, some women assumed that everything would naturally fall into place when they had intercourse and that the men knew everything there was to know (*stops to chuckle*) about the vagina. We weren't supposed to know so much about ourselves sexually (only 'bad girls' knew things like that). That has only recently changed so we're essentially "catching up" in our knowledge of the female body and now women take the time to learn more about themselves and educate their lovers.

I've read through enough posts in threads about the vagina and clitoris to know there are people who choose to be ignorant about that area. What a shame. They know not what they are missing:biggrin1:

8. sares

sares New Member

Exactly. Labour hurts deep inside. The actual process of pushing my son out was a RELIEF! I could finally do something, instead of just trying to relax through deep cramping. I had a "ring of fire" sensation when his head emerged but I did not tear. And if it was painful to have a baby move through, it was not painful enough to compare with labour cramps. I hardly noticed at that point.

I only pushed for a half hour though, hurray for strong Kegels! Like Mumzi I was back tight as a drum just a couple weeks post-partum. My hub swears that, other than a bit of a need to be more gentle at first, it has been no different. It was a huge fear of mine so I am glad.

9. dongalong

Gold Member

Has anyone seen Monty Python's- The meaning of life?
    They should have vagina classes at school, John Cleese style :biggrin1:

10. Mumzi

Mumzi New Member

You know your post just reminded me of something. It WAS such a relief to finally get that baby out. Then all of a sudden the contractions begin again and I freaked. God, there is another one! You'd think I would have known better. That was the placenta being delivered and luckily it only took 3 or 4 contractions.

11. emu

emu New Member

:chairfall: AAHHAHAHAHA

so what happens if you get detention...(hhhmmmm :rolleyes: )
    puts a whole new spin on the term "pussy whipped" :cool:

E

12. Reese

Reese New Member

13. sares

sares New Member

haha, I didn't even contract once the head was out. I pushed on purpose and she gently guided him onto my belly, then later the midwives just gently tugged the placenta out. maybe there were contractions and I just couldn't register them, I was so maxed out on sensation.

but I remember that panic feeling, "oh no not again," when I tried to go pee though. I had little abrasions, just like scrapes from the stretching. and it BURNED! it took me right back to the ring of fire and I panicked. I didn't pee until the next day and I did it in the shower with a full stream of water pointed at center. :tongue:

I think after labour you get so strung out and you spend all your endorphins to keep going, so even little pains seem huge. I didn't take any drugs for the birth (homebirth in a little kiddie pool in my bedroom) but I took two advil for the uterine cramps afterwards as I began to shrink back to normal size! I just couldn't handle any more pain, period.

14. B_Spladle

B_Spladle New Member

Who cares?

15. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

Ignorance of the vagina stops us from

Living in peace and harmony
    Curing disease
    Understanding the Cosmos
    Transcneding the nature of our being

Oh and having a good shag and talking sense on the internet.

16. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

Ignorance of the vagina stops us from

Living in peace and harmony
    Curing disease
    Understanding the Cosmos
    Transcending the nature of our being

Oh and having a good shag and talking sense on the internet.

17. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is why Emu can smack my ass any time he's ready.

18. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Consider this. I'm just sayin'.

19. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've heard from a friend that this ecstatic physical release happened with her delivery
    (with midwife)

but labour still hurt like hell :eek:

20. Ummagumma

Ummagumma New Member

Is it wrong that I find that hot?

And now the obligatory AA story time:

Up until last fall, I worked for many years in a local take out restaurant. I worked with people from basically all walks of life - lots of interesting ones, and I'd venture to guess that I learned more there than I did in the high school I attended the whole time.

At one point there were two teenage mothers that were working there - neither of them were embarassed about it, and in fact they were two of my favorite people I had ever worked with. Anyways, they were off to the side folding boxes... I was elsewhere but within earshot - as was a new 14 or 15 year old kid we had hired to wash dishes. The two girls were talking of this exact subject (orgasms from childbrith) at regular volume, not caring (or at least realizing) that the rest of us could hear them. The sound of dishes being washed disappeared. All of a sudden one of the girls screamed. The new dishwasher had fainted!

Guess he's at least a little bit less 'vaginally ignorant' because of it. I know I was, lol.

Draft saved Draft deleted