Why so much variation in vaginal erogenous zones?

gunnaknow

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My hypothesis is that during human evolution, the species spread out in different regions of africa and underwent slightly different evolutionary paths. Some sub groups developed erogenous zones such as the g-spot, some sub groups developed erogenous zones in the anterior or posterior fornix and some sub groups became mostly sensitive in the clitoris. Then, at some point, the human brain or human culture became more developed and the species became so successful that the regions that divided the sub groups became populated and the sub groups started to mix together. The end result being a species that has alot of vaginal variation. Does that sound like a plausible theory to you? Does anyone have any other ideas?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The variety of sensation is what makes sex so pleasurable, and desirable. I would expect that all of these spots always existed in the vast majority of the population. Considering that human women are only fertile for a few days each month, and that for many women, the earliest encounters are painful and awkward (or so I'm told) why wouldn't there be so many ways to receive pleasure? Surely, with so many options, one is bound to work and make the encounters increasingly appealing, therefore increasing the odds of a woman being horny, and sexually engaged when she is ripe.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think AE has it right. The more orgasmic a woman is and the more pleasure she feels from it, the more likely she is to have sex, and the more likely she is to get pregnant and pass on her genes for more erogenous zones.

It just makes sense that females who have more erogenous zones would end up outcompeting women who have fewer erogenous zones.

mexdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Men have alwys been in the same species, thats why we can reproduce with any other human from anyh part of the world, no different paths, brain can make any part of the body a erogenous zone, so there is ur answer, brain

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
If your life requires hunting and gathering, and then migration, I don't think you have time to extra shit that isn't any fun.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over this, but given the lifestyle you mention, women need to be aroused at very specific times. A well lubricated vagina enables conception and reduces infection. It makes sense to have as many triggers as possible to arouse and lubricate the vagina when needed. Obviously women only have to look at me and they get damp knickers, but most guys just aren't that lucky. :tongue:

I think the OP wants to know why they are not standard bewteen all women. Well is anything standard between any two people?

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think AE has it right. The more orgasmic a woman is and the more pleasure she feels from it, the more likely she is to have sex, and the more likely she is to get pregnant and pass on her genes for more erogenous zones.

It just makes sense that females who have more erogenous zones would end up outcompeting women who have fewer erogenous zones.
Not necessarily. It doesnt make sense to be always pregnant. Better to raise 1 child successfully than have 10 that die from lack of care. Getting pregnant isnt usually too difficult: men are likely to volunteer to help. The woman needs to exercise some judgement on which would make the best parent, and which would have the healthiest children.

gunnaknow

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think some of you might have misunderstood the question. I wasn't asking why there are so many different erogenous zones in the vagina. I was asking why there is so much variation between women with regards to which of these erogenous zones that they have. Some women have g-spots and some women appear not to. Some women love the posterior or anterior fornix stimulated and some women don't. Some women prefer clitoral stimulation and some women don't. There doesn't seem to be anywhere near as much variation when it comes to the erogenous zones of penises.

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not necessarily. It doesnt make sense to be always pregnant. Better to raise 1 child successfully than have 10 that die from lack of care. Getting pregnant isnt usually too difficult: men are likely to volunteer to help. The woman needs to exercise some judgement on which would make the best parent, and which would have the healthiest children.

Historically women have spent most of their fertile lives pregnant and they have lost most of the children due to disease and death. It is only since the advent of birth control when women stopped being pregnant all the time.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think some of you might have misunderstood the question. I wasn't asking why there are so many different erogenous zones in the vagina. I was asking why there is so much variation between women with regards to which of these erogenous zones that they have. Some women have g-spots and some women appear not to. Some women love the posterior or anterior fornix stimulated and some women don't. Some women prefer clitoral stimulation and some women don't. There doesn't seem to be anywhere near as much variation when it comes to the erogenous zones of penises.

I think that it has to do with both genetic differences and personal preferences.

I think I have all of those erogenous zones, I just have my particular preferences, and certain erogenous zones present different problems. I have a g-spot and I love it when it's stimulated. It feels very good. I prefer positions where my g-spot is stimulated during PIV sex, but I don't think I'd ever orgasm from just g-spot stimulation all by itself. I also enjoy my posterior fornix stimulated, but TheBF's penis is too long for that most of the time. My clitoris is totally reliable for giving me orgasms. With a shorter partner, I may enjoy anterior fornix stimulation, who knows? I've never paid as much attention to the various areas of my vagina and how they feel until I joined LPSG, to be honest.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

Well considering that sites of erogenous pleasure exist all over the human body, and that's regardless of the sex of the human being in question, I think it's probably fair to say that in humans the entire body in one way or another is tuned to the purpose of sex.

Men in particular seem very fixated on which parts of the body produce the most intense forms of sexual stimulus but I think that's because men on the whole are somewhat technical in their approach to life and expect a clear practical blueprint for almost everything they do. Naturally that''s a generalisation and plenty of men aren't like that and plenty of women are like that too but I think your question highlights a way of thinking which as Petite then exemplifies is perhaps not so common in women.

I highly doubt that the fact that some women preference (or simply experience without preference) certain kinds of erogenous stimulation over others is indicative of some kind of primitive human genetic variation of the kind you describe because were that the case one would have to presume that there was once a branch of ancient humans who were specifically stimulated through their feet, and another group in which the males experienced erogenous pleasure via direct stimulation of the prostate gland, while other groups did not exhibit these traits but exhibited others instead but that commingling of these groups produced ever increasing variations of combinations of all the traits in question.

When one considers just how many different parts of the human body can be erogenous this would require separate genetically distinct communities of the species to have existed in a degree of profusion in what was after all a tiny population of early humans which frankly isn't supported by any other evidence.

As I say I think it's much more likely that the human genome simply contains enough innate variability that the human phenotype is capable of producing this wide a variety of observable differences.

Lets also not forget that humans are blessed and cursed with a supreme organ of sexual stimulation, the Brain, which is capable of controlling and directing sexual arousal with or without the brain's owner's consent and which determines exactly how the body reacts to any kind of sexual stimulation arising in any other part of the body. This was as true of early humans as it is of us.

Last edited:

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What hilaire said.

And the fact that women's orgasms are so heavily tied into their emotions. When my wife and I first started having sex she would actually have orgasms while going down on me without any genital stimulation. She's still incredibly multi-orgasmic today, but that one type of orgasm seems to have gone away when the newness of the relationship wore off.

Empathizer

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think that it has to do with both genetic differences and personal preferences.

I think I have all of those erogenous zones, I just have my particular preferences, and certain erogenous zones present different problems. I have a g-spot and I love it when it's stimulated. It feels very good. I prefer positions where my g-spot is stimulated during PIV sex, but I don't think I'd ever orgasm from just g-spot stimulation all by itself. I also enjoy my posterior fornix stimulated, but TheBF's penis is too long for that most of the time. My clitoris is totally reliable for giving me orgasms. With a shorter partner, I may enjoy anterior fornix stimulation, who knows? I've never paid as much attention to the various areas of my vagina and how they feel until I joined LPSG, to be honest.

Amen to that!

It was, as the Marine Sniper is trained to think, "Fire and Forget!"

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not going to lose any sleep over this, but given the lifestyle you mention, women need to be aroused at very specific times. A well lubricated vagina enables conception and reduces infection. It makes sense to have as many triggers as possible to arouse and lubricate the vagina when needed. Obviously women only have to look at me and they get damp knickers, but most guys just aren't that lucky. :tongue:

I think the OP wants to know why they are not standard bewteen all women. Well is anything standard between any two people?

I would think that given the lifestyle I mentioned, a woman would need to be aroused most of the time. If she's not able to keep up with the sexual appetite of her mate, she may not be able to keep him interested in providing meat and protection for herself and for their offspring.

I do believe that most women are physically capable of being highly stimulated by some kind of contact with all of the known hot-spots. However, I also believe that many women haven't had enough practice using them all, or have practiced with poor technique (theirs or their lover's).

I wasn't always sensitive everywhere. When I first became sexually active, my g-spot wasn't something that got any response from me, my cervix used to get in the way and prevent any contact with my cul de sac, and there is a spot that is now vaginally sensitive which was initially only sensitive to anal stimulation. I got more sensitive the more sex I had. I got more knowledgeable about my triggers through masturbation. It may also help that I'd been kegeling since I was a little girl, and just didn't know it. (I was fascinated by the "strange" sensations caused by squeezing and pushing, and my best friend could push out air, noisily, at will, so I kept trying to do that too.) No one ever really seems to do good research on female sexuality, so I can only suppose, and only based on anecdotal observation, but this is my thinking.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There doesn't seem to be anywhere near as much variation when it comes to the erogenous zones of penises.
Frankly, you don't have as many. I have seen some variation. Some men are really sensitive on their circ scar, some are not, Some like to have their taint massaged, others not. Some men like prostate massage, others (who are willing to let you touch it) do not. Some men want to have their balls sucked hard, others want them sucked gently, or only licked. Some men like intense vibration, others can't tolerate that. Some men like when you suck at the side of their shafts, others only like if you put the head in your mouth, and such the shaft that way. It's just like food. I like chocolate cake. Two of my friends do not. (Weirdos!) I think it comes down to experience and preference.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Frankly, you don't have as many. I have seen some variation. Some men are really sensitive on their circ scar, some are not, Some like to have their taint massaged, others not. Some men like prostate massage, others (who are willing to let you touch it) do not. Some men want to have their balls sucked hard, others want them sucked gently, or only licked. Some men like intense vibration, others can't tolerate that. Some men like when you suck at the side of their shafts, others only like if you put the head in your mouth, and such the shaft that way. It's just like food. I like chocolate cake. Two of my friends do not. (Weirdos!) I think it comes down to experience and preference.

There are a range of variations including these ones, and many others, but it's probably true to say that the vagina has greater capacity (if you'll excuse the phrase :tongue:) for variation in this area.

But anatomically the vagina is a somewhat more complex organ than the penis so it's only to be expected that its capacity for stimulation would be by some margin or other greater.

bananaclubcock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Genetic variation is key to species survival. It is impossible to design an organism that will survive in all conditions, so genetic variation means that some members of the species will be more likely to survive. Some examples: pale skin helps get vitamin d, darker skin reduces the chances of skin cancer, barrel-chested people do the best at high altitudes (Sherpas and Incas), people with ADD are more likely to try new things, obese people survive famines the best,etc.

With this value of variation in mind, remember sex is both powerful motivator and idiosyncratic. By emphasizing different erogenous zones, you get people to seek out partners whose value is unique to them, perpetuating variation within the species.

Empathizer

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

I'm sorry for the the off topicness, but -- are you sure your friends aren't allergic?

Also, to contribute: PENIS!