Why so much variation in vaginal erogenous zones?

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Ha! I knew those were languages, never knew they were used to describe peoples.

Yup, the Quechua are the actual people called "Incas" by the conquistadores, and the Aymara who lived on the Altiplano north of Titicaca were among many peoples conquered by the Quechua when the Quechua created Tawantinsuyu (the "Inca" Empire).

But we're way off topc. So I'll quit this shit now LOL

Last edited:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
but this is my thinking.

As far as I understand these things, reproduction is the primary evolutionary driver. Bonding is secondary but complimentary. I have lots of erogenous zones, but my dick is designed to cum.

Regarding the OP, his theory may have some validity because of the human journey. Most of us left Africa 60,000 years ago (sorry creationists), but 40,000 years ago something happened in the Middle East where we still mostly were. As far as I know most scientists think there was some ecological or climatic shift. Some went back to Africa, some went East and some went north to Europe.

The point is that suddenly we faced different climates and this necessitated for some, clothing. Clothes, particularly skins, cover our natural smells. I think that somewhere deep down, I can still smell when a woman is sexually responsive. This is how most mammals communicate their sexual readiness for reproduction. Smell is still one of our most powerful senses.

mexdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think that somewhere deep down, I can still smell when a woman is sexually responsive. This is how most mammals communicate their sexual readiness for reproduction. Smell is still one of our most powerful senses.
Actually humans can do that, but we takes baths to aften, and those add smells rarely are on a person, maybe on the gym people may get them, but still its quite rare

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
As far as I understand these things, reproduction is the primary evolutionary driver. Bonding is secondary but complimentary. I have lots of erogenous zones, but my dick is designed to cum.

Regarding the OP, his theory may have some validity because of the human journey. Most of us left Africa 60,000 years ago (sorry creationists), but 40,000 years ago something happened in the Middle East where we still mostly were. As far as I know most scientists think there was some ecological or climatic shift. Some went back to Africa, some went East and some went north to Europe.

The point is that suddenly we faced different climates and this necessitated for some, clothing. Clothes, particularly skins, cover our natural smells. I think that somewhere deep down, I can still smell when a woman is sexually responsive. This is how most mammals communicate their sexual readiness for reproduction. Smell is still one of our most powerful senses.

There's no doubt genetically distinctive communities of human beings exist and have done for a significant period of time. But the degree of variation necessary for their to be fundamental differences in the way different groups of human female's genitalia is organised did not exist in the time frame we're discussing.

Apart from infinitesimally tiny genetic differences which produce the enormous variety of skin tones, hair colours, facial features and body types there is in fact no real substantial differences between all the different genetic families of the human species.

I share exactly the same organs as someone from Kamchatka (of paleao-Asian ancestry) and exactly the same kind of body as someone from Ethiopia.

There aren't differing ancestral human vagina genes which then coalesced into the genetic stock which now forms the human species.

However, having said all that we do share genetics with other ancient Hominids which are now extinct, the Neanderthals being the obvious example, but there were others. Indeed in the example of the Neanderthals modern humans are thought to have interbred with them meaning that many modern human beings have Neanderthal genes in very tiny proportion.

It's possible that Neanderthals were genetically different enough to human beings to have had differences such as the ones being discussed in the OP, though they were genetically similar enough to produce offspring with us which themselves were able to reproduce. Who knows this admixture of intraspecies DNA might be responsible for the kind of differences the OP is interested in.

Mind you I highly doubt it.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Clothes, particularly skins, cover our natural smells. I think that somewhere deep down, I can still smell when a woman is sexually responsive. This is how most mammals communicate their sexual readiness for reproduction. Smell is still one of our most powerful senses.
I don't think others can consciously smell me, but I can smell myself when I get aroused, and the scent isn't primarily coming from my vagina, and I can smell a scent (that I associate with under-the-balls-smell) on men frequently, though I'm pretty sure the scent is not coming from their pants. There is a specific scent to which I really, really respond well. I think of these scents as being divided into four categories. There's a particular one I strongly dislike. I don't even get along with men who smell like that most of the time. But I'm getting away from my point. I don't smell any different to myself when I'm horny and sterile (and I have spent whole years unable to conceive) or horny and ovulating. The scent of my vagina has changed over time, but not this particular aspect. I can't smell this type of scent on other women. Maybe I could if not for clothing and perfumes, but somehow, I doubt it. Clothing and perfumes haven't stopped me from smelling many men.

gunnaknow

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Apparantly, we use smell to distinguish the compatibility of a partner's immune system with our own. The more similar their immune system is to our own, the less attractive they smell to us. Watch the clip below.

YouTube - Sweaty T-Shirt Experiment

Last edited:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Apparantly, we use smell to distinguish the compatibility of a partner's immune system with our own. The more similar their immune system is to our own, the less attractive they smell to us. Watch the clip below.

YouTube - Sweaty T-Shirt Experiment
You know, I was aware of sweaty t-shirt experiments, but never knew any of them had found that what we were looking for was dissimilar immune systems. Interestingly, one of my best friends can tell from several feet away if someone is sick (or about to be sick) just based on smell. For instance, she says the common cold smells like garlic to her. And she's gotten better at this over time.