Why support countries that persecute homosexuals?

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
Why do we still give billions in aid to countries that persecute homosexuals?

Surely, a precondition of aid must be to end state sponsored persecution, otherwise its condoning it.

This documentary, first broadcast tonight, shows the appalling conditions in Africa.

This is far worse than banning burkhas!

Dispatches - 4oD - Channel 4

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Africa is a CONTINENT. Not a country. It's also the second largest continent in the world, made up of 54 different countries. And there's no need to stop supporting an entire continent for the actions of some countries.

So which countries are persecuting homosexuals?

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
First off, Africa is a CONTINENT. Not a country. It's also the second largest continent in the world. Secondly, Africa is made up of 54 different countries. And there's no need to stop supporting an entire continent for the actions of some countries.

That's so funny; I thought there were only 53. I sit corrected.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey just what I was thinking. Funny how chance conversations come in handy.

Why do we still give billions in aid to countries that persecute homosexuals?
probably for the same reason we give billions in aid to people who persecute jews, arabs, chrisitians, whites, blacks, capitalist, comiunists, and any other group you can think of. Because fundamentally we dont care who gets persecuted so long as the money keeps flowing back.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The only president to have ever put Human Rights on the front burner of America's foreign policy, to the best of my recollection, was Jimmy Carter, who has been both a whipping boy for the right and a shameful embarrassment for the left since he left office.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Inter government aid is not a charitable act. It is a pragmatic way of getting rich but badly governed underdeveloped countries to accommodate the wishes and demands of large corporations in the West. Globalization and its supporters couldn't give a shit about gangster regimes persecuting the poor, women, children, homosexuals, Christians, democrats. If you want to help rather than carp then stop being naive.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
Africa is a CONTINENT. Not a country. It's also the second largest continent in the world, made up of 54 different countries. And there's no need to stop supporting an entire continent for the actions of some countries.

So which countries are persecuting homosexuals?

Exactly where does it say Africa is a country, & where do I state it's only confined to Africa? Are you creating your own question?

VB you've changed your tune, according to many of your posts homophobia is rife everywhere, which would necessarily make persecution rife everywhere.

Glad to see that it's not:smile:

Here's a list from those liars at wikipedia which includes the 80 countries where homosexuality is illegal, about 35 in Africa.

LGBT rights by country or territory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm surprised that you actively support, or are in complete denial of, propping up truly homophobic regimes with your taxpayer dollars.

Ironic really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_by_country_or_territory

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The title of your thread is "Why support countries that persecute homosexuals?"
Your OP makes no mention of any country or any other form of land mass except for AFRICA which happens to be a continent. You could have made the thread about Uganda, which is a country in East Africa where some legislators there proposed a a "Kill the gays" bill and I've voiced major opposition towards that several times before. But you only mentioned "Africa". Put two and two together.

And no, I haven't changed my tune at all.

Last edited:

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
The title of your thread is "Why support countries that persecute homosexuals?"
Your OP makes no mention of any country or any other form of land mass except for AFRICA which happens to be a continent. You could have made the thread about Uganda, which is a country in East Africa where some legislators there proposed a a "Kill the gays" bill and I've voiced major opposition towards that several times before. But you only mentioned "Africa". Put two and two together.

And no, I haven't changed my tune at all.

And you've got 5!

"This documentary, first broadcast tonight, shows the appalling conditions in Africa." could easily be substituted for "This documentary, first broadcast tonight, shows the appalling conditions in the world" - but this documentary was Africa specific.

Nothing wrong with the logical premise & outcome at all.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"This documentary, first broadcast tonight, shows the appalling conditions in Africa." could easily be substituted for "This documentary, first broadcast tonight, shows the appalling conditions in the world" - but this documentary was Africa specific.

Nothing wrong with the logical premise & outcome at all.

So why didn't you use any logic when you created your OP?
Let's not try to twist this into my abilities to put together statements and draw proper conclusions, OK? You're the one who didn't list a country in your OP. You're the one that mentioned Africa and not a country within it. It's the equivalent of saying North America when you only mean to imply the United States.

And trust me, you're not the only person who made this mistake either. :rolleyes:

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
So why didn't you use any logic when you created your OP?
Let's not try to twist this into my abilities to put together statements and draw proper conclusions, OK? You're the one who didn't list a country in your OP. You're the one that mentioned Africa and not a country within it. It's the equivalent of saying North America when you only mean to imply the United States.

And trust me, you're not the only person who made this mistake either. :rolleyes:

Why would I list a country? I made a general statement, then gave a link to a programme that was aired on the night - which concentrated on Africa - that was their focus not mine.

My statement was pretty clear! "Why support countries that persecute homosexuals" - et voila, here's a documentary that shows how it occurs in Africa.

Maybe you should have a problem with Channel 4? Once viewed, the programme showed gave examples in Africa

Your logic could extrapolate to this example - "America is a homophobic country" - leading to the inference for your logic that all Americans are homophobic.

It's clearly not the case, & clearly wasn't the case in my example. You just jumped in without really thinking:biggrin1:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Why would I list a country? I made a general statement, then gave a link to a programme that was aired on the night - which concentrated on Africa - that was their focus not mine. My statement was pretty clear! "Why support countries that persecute homosexuals" - et voila, here's a documentary that shows how it occurs in Africa.

Yes... it's clear that outside of the United States, you have a problem recognizing what a country is.

Maybe you should have a problem with Channel 4? Once viewed, the programme showed gave examples in Africa

No... I don't have a problem with your link. Stop phishing for an excuse. Again, you're the one listing continents when you make threads about countries.

Your logic could extrapolate to this example - "America is a homophobic country" - leading to the inference for your logic that all Americans are homophobic.

Inappropriate analogy. When someone starts a thread about countries, I would expect someone to mention one and provide a link that reflects that. You didn't, and now are trying to revise the story when anyone can read.

It's clearly not the case, & clearly wasn't the case in my example. You just jumped in without really thinking:biggrin1:

Look who's talking? Someone who missed an obvious fact that wouldn't even be on a first grade level on "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader". :rolleyes:

Just admit you made a mistake already... it isn't the first time people mistook Africa for being a country and not a continent. But the more you try to squirm yourself out of this, the more foolish you look.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
Oh Dear whoever VB, I give up - please forgive me moderators, but he's got the intelligence of Joey from Friends, without the charm!

He's one of those guys who creates his own questions to answer. Anyone with an IQ of 100 would understand the thread.

I do understand that maybe to some US school pupils, this might be a revelation, but in Europe, Africa being a continent would always be assumed to be a priori knowledge at a primary education level! We also can point to the area all countries are on a map too!

Maybe VB is an intellectual whale in the shallow pool he swims in, but here he's drowning with that blowhole, & out of his depth here.

Pick a fight on something you disagree with. You're clearly trying to flame & provoke, because I cannot believe one person could be so unmitigatingly idiotic, yet still be able to type.

Its so faux & pseudo intellectual to pontificate, when clearly there is an inability to grasp a simple concept, yet a raging need to correct the incorrectable. He crosses the i's & dots the t's.

I only hope that your talents never go further than netboards, or pray you have a Damascene cogntitive revelation.

Please stop trying to thrash me with your cerebral twig. It's just too funny.

Have a nice day!

You'd be a master of circumlocution.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
It's a good question. Why support countries anywhere that persecute certain members of their population because of either race, religion, or sexuality?

In fact I'd be inclined to take that question to another level because I've always wondered why certain people who define themselves as 50% 80% or 100% gay spend so much time defending a POLITICAL PARTY - whose agenda and political platform clearly treats them and their lifestyles with nothing less than complete contempt?

Why the f**k support them???????

ericbythebay

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It's a good question. Why support countries anywhere that persecute certain members of their population because of either race, religion, or sexuality?

In fact I'd be inclined to take that question to another level because I've always wondered why certain people who define themselves as 50% 80% or 100% gay spend so much time defending a POLITICAL PARTY - whose agenda and political platform clearly treats them and their lifestyles with nothing less than complete contempt?

Why the f**k support them???????

Sometimes your only option is to support the lesser evil.