Why support countries that persecute homosexuals?

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
Hey just what I was thinking. Funny how chance conversations come in handy.

probably for the same reason we give billions in aid to people who persecute jews, arabs, chrisitians, whites, blacks, capitalist, comiunists, and any other group you can think of. Because fundamentally we dont care who gets persecuted so long as the money keeps flowing back.
We have a WINNER!

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sometimes your only option is to support the lesser evil.

When it comes to politics, unfortunately, that is always the case.

Well, VB, I guess what he's suggesting is that the party that has absolutely nothing to offer in the way of respecting the civil rights of those whose sexual preferences are contrary to what (in their opinion) "God intended" - nothing to offer, that is, except taking two steps backwards on those issues - that party is the "lesser evil"???

simbasa12

Experimental Member
Media
I know why governments do the things they but the thing that pisses me off is liberal support of Islam at the personal level, in this country. I will take the ignorant Christian in this country over pretty much 99% any Islamic believer and their barbaric culture. And don't tell me that there are some good ones blah blah blah. We could say that about christians as well but I don't see any libs pointing that out..... I don't see any Islamic followers protesting the treatment of women and homosexuals in their countries, do you? No, you don't. Therefore I can and will toss them in the same boat.

ericbythebay

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Well, VB, I guess what he's suggesting is that the party that has absolutely nothing to offer in the way of respecting the civil rights of those whose sexual preferences are contrary to what (in their opinion) "God intended" - nothing to offer, that is, except taking two steps backwards on those issues - that party is the "lesser evil"???

I was suggesting that most political parties play lip service, at best, to LGBT issues.

ericbythebay

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I know why governments do the things they but the thing that pisses me off is liberal support of Islam at the personal level, in this country. I will take the ignorant Christian in this country over pretty much 99% any Islamic believer and their barbaric culture. And don't tell me that there are some good ones blah blah blah. We could say that about christians as well but I don't see any libs pointing that out..... I don't see any Islamic followers protesting the treatment of women and homosexuals in their countries, do you? No, you don't. Therefore I can and will toss them in the same boat.

It's unfortunate that you feel that way. You might want to check out Al Fatiha.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I was suggesting that most political parties play lip service, at best, to LGBT issues.

True, but clearly one comes closer than the other (though perhaps not as fast or to the extent that some would hope) to matching "lip service" with actual legislation, don't you think?

Last edited: