Why the american people are so obsessed with foreskin?

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
That used to be the situation here in the UK. If you had a problem with foreskin - get it cut off! Over here though you are in a minority (as cuteguy said) if you are circumcised and I gather now that doctors are aware you don't have to have surgery because you can stretch the skin.

I used to wish I was cut but now I appreciate having a foreskin. Let's face it, it's as nature intended.

I really do hope more people in the States realize they have been conned all these years. So much money is made on new borns in the USA in the medical field/industry.

I also think you should enjoy your cock whether it's cut or not. I would love to know what it feels like to be cut and wonder if it's the same feeling as when I just pull back the skin, although I can't seem to keep it there, even my PA ring can't stop it!

Why was Prince William cut?

There is no simple explanation. The North American experience was imported from Germany in the late 19th C - Commercial medicine had been formulated in the German speaking states where an emerging middle class had money to spend on elective surgery. Tonsilectomies and circumcisions are fairly easy straightforward procedures and very lucrative.
German doctors took the trade to the USA. Of those fourth and fifth generation Americans that are cut 98% of their great grandfathers were not. In other words it is a recently acquired cultural practice. I do not include the tribal peoples of Africa or the Middle East who have practiced both male and female genital mutilation as a religious sacrifice and/or right of passage.

I believe certain breeds of dogs have their tails "docked" and I think there is analogy here. In short the Americans penchant for circumcising their newly born males is a status symbol akin to fashion. Psychologically there is something deeply suspicious about a mother and father who actually think about having their infant's genitalia fiddled with. Ethical surgeons from the best medical schhols and hospitals now rarely perform this operation.

I am cut, for no reason, but my brothers and other males in my extended family are not. I was circumcised by a mad army doctor without parental permission or for any medical reason at a military hospital. The doctor was dismissed the service when it came to light he had actually mutilated several babies by badly circumcising them. Fortunately I was lucky. true mine does look neater than my brothers when we were kids but be assured it performs no better. Birth traumas having long lasting psychological effects must also suggest circumcision does too. But it is a choice. But not a choice parents should make.

To all those that need to defend a comparatively recent cultural practice then you are free to do so but there is no medical ecidence to support it. Continue to cut your infants (the law says you can) but what will be the consequences when a son of 20 or so asks at a family gathering why you mutilated his penis. After all I am sure you are horrified that Somali and Sudanese parents infibulate their female children's vaginas and incise their labia - the equivalent of male circumcision but often lethal.

My family is from Germany...and I know for a fact that in the 40's when I father was born that they were circumcising boys. I believe they still circumcise quote a few today, but it's not needed!

Huh? What, you don't think skin can stretch? And even if the skin is tight it doesn't mean you need surgery..

G:cool:

Exactly!

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't understand why we don't leave it up to the guy to decide; ...
Partly because there's a group of people who don't want men to decide for themselves. This group knows what would happen if it was left to adult self-decision: very few men would have it done. That would be completely unacceptable to that said group. They're careful to not disclose their true selfish reasons. They'll use a covers such as "cleaner," "it's a parents right," "aesthetic," and many others, usually in combination. Not all of the pro-cutters are driven by such selfishness, but many are.
Why was Prince William cut?
It's not really known that he was.
My family is from Germany...and I know for a fact that in the 40's when I father was born that they were circumcising boys. I believe they still circumcise quote a few today, but it's not needed!
In the 40s there may have been widespread r/i/c in Germany but not today.

hindupridemn

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It seems that Americans either view foreskin as a comodity or (more often) view it with disgust. I've been rejected almost all the times I could have gotten sex because of my foreskin. That's part of the reason why I chose to be put in an arranged marriage instead of a "love marriage".

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
Partly because there's a group of people who don't want men to decide for themselves. This group knows what would happen if it was left to adult self-decision: very few men would have it done. That would be completely unacceptable to that said group. They're careful to not disclose their true selfish reasons. They'll use a covers such as "cleaner," "it's a parents right," "aesthetic," and many others, usually in combination. Not all of the pro-cutters are driven by such selfishness, but many are.It's not really known that he was.In the 40s there may have been widespread r/i/c in Germany but not today.

Interesting....I did not think that they circumcised mush today!

It seems that Americans either view foreskin as a comodity or (more often) view it with disgust. I've been rejected almost all the times I could have gotten sex because of my foreskin. That's part of the reason why I chose to be put in an arranged marriage instead of a "love marriage".

That's sad!

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I don't understand why we don't leave it up to the guy to decide; I would have liked to have made the choice of whether or not to be cut, not to have it made for me at birth.
Well, the going argument these days is that somehow your foreskin will get you infected with HIV before you would be old enough to make that decision. The usual twists and superstitions from the cutting camp.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
There are a small group of people on these boards that pounce at every opportunity to discuss the topic in order to bring attention to their agenda. That group includes, not surprisingly, the first two posters to respond to this thread....
NIC, I see that your responses on this topic haven't improved. We never start any of these threads. People are genuinely interested. Even if you aren't, perhaps your mind is large enough for those who are - and perhaps you can post something substantive on the topic sometime. I encourage you to do that.

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I came here young as an immigrant and I was never circumcised. I thought I was the only one and I was scared shitless. Later I found out quite a few other guys are also not circumcised. After finally breaking into the sex scene, I realized that it wasn't a problem. Then again, my foreskin isn't that long and it isn't tight at all, so I really think most girls don't even notice I'm not circumcised. Even if they did, I don't care! I keep it clean so it causes no problems for girls, if anything it gives them more pleasure (foreskin=a bit more penis AND more movement within). It really isn't a big deal at all anymore for me, I used to be petrified at the thought that a girl would found out I was uncircumcised, be freaked out/disgusted and tell all her friends.
Since it's still in the minority to NOT be circumcised in America, AND it's something "different" in sex, people have really warped, horrible view on it. America was raised on puritan beliefs that condemed it which is why sex obession and saturation is so rampant here. Society still sees it as the evil, forbidden thing that the people love and love even more so to talk about.

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not necessarily saying this about djx, but I think most anti-circ are very strong at letting people know their belief against it because there's still a LOT of ignorance towards it plus it's an awkward topic. I know that if I were in a group of people and it got brought up, I most likely would not be very excited to say that I'm not circ'ed and that I don't think babies should be circ'ed. Luckily, I have anti-circ groups to talk for me :)

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You'd be more likely to manage it.

Listen, fucktard, I DID say something substantive about THIS topic, which was: "why are Americans so obsessed with foreskin?" The answer to that topic is they are NOT. Only you and your fellow foreskin crusaders are. You clearly made my point by your own posts to this topic, which did absolutely nothing to address the OP's question. Like every other thread where you or chico or snozzle or the rest of you dorks show up talking about this, you guys end up sounding like broken records. It was very fair and necessary for me to point out that a handful of overzealous asses do NOT represent the entire country, the overwhelming majority of whom don't give a shit about this asinine topic. Make yourself look like an ass, fine, but I don't need to stand by and let the entire country look bad by association. My post was far more on-topic and substantive than anything you've said in this thread. That's why you can fuck off.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Listen, fucktard, I DID say something substantive about THIS topic, which was: "why are Americans so obsessed with foreskin?" The answer to that topic is they are NOT. Only you and your fellow foreskin crusaders are. You clearly made my point by your own posts to this topic, which did absolutely nothing to address the OP's question. Like every other thread where you or chico or snozzle or the rest of you dorks show up talking about this, you guys end up sounding like broken records. It was very fair and necessary for me to point out that a handful of overzealous asses do NOT represent the entire country, the overwhelming majority of whom don't give a shit about this asinine topic. Make yourself look like an ass, fine, but I don't need to stand by and let the entire country look bad by association. My post was far more on-topic and substantive than anything you've said in this thread. That's why you can fuck off.

Here! Here! Keep using common sense and logic. It drives them nuts.

Goes back to not commenting on these stupid circumcision threads because they're pointless...

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There's a belief that "activists" start the various circumcision and foreskin threads. For my own curiosity, I did a search of common words used in such threads, and I compiled the list below. I used options to specify threads with 50 or more replies and activity within last year. Listing is ordered by number of replies.
  • Snozzle – Poll: Happy with your circumcision status?
  • snoozan – Uncut "stigma"
  • Italian978 – Circumcision Urged in Curbing AIDS Spread
  • Grit – Foreskin Envy
  • Grit – New Study -- Circumcision and Sensitivity
  • Ezra_Pound – The Case for Circumcision. (Click and be convinced)
  • Bette – Poll: Present and Future Mothers: Circumcise your sons or not? WITH POLL
  • bignfloppy – Circumcision reduces HIV risk?
  • Guest/Dicko – Do you have a foreskin
  • 04guillaume – alternative to circumcision
  • itsa'it – Got Foreskin?
  • yunghungman83 – Uncut- Stories From a Young Age
  • fr4gged – Circumcision Question
  • intelligentANDhung – Is circumcision really that big of a deal?
  • Witlof – Foreskin coverage
  • Drifterwood – When did you realise that the end of your penis was missing?
  • endymionspilos – Should I get circumcised?
  • burns1de – The appeal of an uncut dick
  • mc4bbs – Support Grows for U.S. Ban on Male Circumcision
  • Guest/hornybloke – Cut or Uncut
  • RI77RI – Head Cheese
  • horny6.5 – Getting Circumcized
  • Snozzle – Poll: Quality of your circumcision
  • PECTACULAR – Do you "skin" your uncut penis?
  • hungshyman – Circumcision makes you a man?
  • that#1kid – circumcision
  • DutchSWINGER – Proud of your foreskin
  • lellelind – Circumcision
  • mack5743 – Cut or Uncut
  • afuoco – Tight Foreskin
  • bendigoboi – Circumcision (again)
  • Think_Kink – Craving some foreskin!
  • l_g_k_ – circumcised vs. uncircumcised?
  • nerchia – uncut cocks: how much of your head can you take out?
  • serviceman1965 – Cut or Uncut?
  • ajay38 – Reversing Circumcision
  • RipeUncut – Smelly Cheesy foreskin?
  • colin20 – Do all the men in your family share the same circumcision status: cut vs uncut?
  • kimwinter – style of circumcision
  • zeus1985 – Princes' circumcision
  • cutdrew – i like my circumcised dick because...
Something notable is only a small proportion were started by "activists" of either side. Also notable is how many there are. Even I am surprised by how many there have been.

It would be wishful thinking to wish for such topics to go away. There's little likelihood that either side will give up. The best way to end the controversy would be to put an end to "routine infant circumcision". It will end someday and so my efforts are directed at ending it sooner.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
That's why you can fuck off.
NIC you're just another guy who's been on the top of the dogpile regarding penis size your whole life, but now you realize that you're actually missing something. I don't blame you for being pissed.

The entire U.S. looks bad by association, yes. We look like some backward fundamentalists. Sometimes you talk like one.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Since it's still in the minority to NOT be circumcised in America, AND it's something "different" in sex, people have really warped, horrible view on it. America was raised on puritan beliefs that condemed it which is why sex obession and saturation is so rampant here. Society still sees it as the evil, forbidden thing that the people love and love even more so to talk about.
You got that right. "Americans" (people who live in the U.S.) are simultaneously scandalized and titillated by sex, sexuality and normal penises on males.

Lemac I'm sorry you felt like a freak when you immigrated here. Hopefully that is changing, despite the efforts of some to minimize and cover up.

D

deleted15807

It's good to hear some Americans thinking for themselves and not conforming to a "Nanny State".

It's commical for us in the UK to hear how (some) Americans conform to asthetics and believe all what's been told to them.

And regarding "wanting his son's penis to look like his"? .....How sad!

Huum the term 'Nanny State' is the exact term conservatives here use to describe nationalized health care like in the UK.